rbsworld
Herring
Herring
317 Posts

A side note to my debacle post...

[Post New]by rbsworld on Mar 24, 18 11:14 PM
I am not good under pressure. For the 5th time in my 30 year marriage, my husband and I are hosting his family from NY/Italy as they make their way to and from California for Spring break. Starting tomorrow and going well beyond Easter, we will have 20-30 people staying overnight, each day. I haven't slept in 2 days trying to get everything in order....the Spring Room 2 thing put me right over the canyon edge!

I want to take a breather and say, "Thank you," to the veteran players and those who are the sounds of reason. It is a shame that something as special as the SE has come down to frustration over what room, what time and what achievement takes precidence. To all my friends and fellow players, I am sorry for my whining, bitter self. Please forgive my tantrum of sorts and know that I will do whatever I can in this SE to help you.

RBsMom

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

Re:A side note to my debacle post...

[Post New]by playingthegame on Mar 24, 18 11:20 PM
Don't worry!!!
We all know this feeling only too well, when REAL LIFE interferes with our beloved game.
Have fun with your family and if you are REALLY addicted, take your laptop to the bathroom!!

Angelfish
Angelfish
1,060 Posts

[Post New]by 1457051 on Mar 24, 18 11:30 PM
Best of luck to you!
Get a iPad

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Mar 25, 18 12:19 AM
Real life has seriously interfered with my castle life over the last few days. Only had the time to come in and change to Spring room 2, not time to even gift, which was a pain in the rear. Stuff happens.

Your true friends will still be there when you get back.

[Post New]by Hufflepuff on Mar 26, 18 4:40 PM
I know far to well!
My rl is a total Desaster and whenever the castle is more frustrating than enjoying it makes it worse.
Good luck!
Everything will end sometime.

kkreisman
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

[Post New]by kkreisman on Mar 26, 18 11:35 PM
"20-30 people staying overnight, each day". Good Grief - how do you do that? I only have 3 extra this week and what with a little surgery, and having to say goodbye to my sweet kitty yesterday, just about went over the edge.

Super kudos to you - you are my hero right now!

katiek

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Mar 27, 18 2:03 AM
BIG ITALIAN FAMILY. HUMMMM! TAKE YOUR LAPTOP TO THE BATHROOM. OR THE BEDROOM SINCE THE BATHROOM MAY BE IN BIG DEMAND.

MY FAMILY WAS NOT ITALIAN, BUT THERE WAS A LOT OF US. 11 IN MY MOM'S FAMILY. I HAD 52 FIRST COUSINS. SO WHEN THE FAMILY DESCENDED IT WAS A REAL ZOO. WITH SO MANY IT WAS EASY TO SLIP AWAY FOR A FEW MOMENTS OF PEACE AND QUITE.

LUCK TO YOU. I HATE TO SAY IT BUT YOU WILL NEED IT.

mdpetdoc
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,489 Posts

[Post New]by mdpetdoc on Mar 27, 18 5:02 AM
kkreisman wrote: having to say goodbye to my sweet kitty yesterday, just about went over the edge.

So sorry about your kitty.

katiek

mdpetdoc
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,489 Posts

A side note to my debacle post...

[Post New]by mdpetdoc on Mar 27, 18 5:04 AM
rbsworld wrote:I am not good under pressure.
RBsMom

When the pressure cooker release valve doesn't work and the pressure continues to build, the cooker tends to explode.

I'm sorry your release valve wasn't working properly but hope it is now working enough to keep the pressure below explosion.

BAPPLE
Clownfish
Clownfish
626 Posts

[Post New]by BAPPLE on Mar 27, 18 1:56 PM
God bless you!!!

ohpleeze
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by ohpleeze on Mar 27, 18 2:55 PM
Enjoy your family. The game and you will survive. So you miss this years SE, it will be back next spring.

rbsworld
Herring
Herring
317 Posts

[Post New]by rbsworld on Mar 27, 18 9:05 PM
Family update:

I am more than ok. I come from a small family...mom was an only child, dad had 1 brother..I have 2 cousins...that said, big Italian family is short sighted.

My hubby's surprise this week...his favorite cousin is here from the Vatican...yes, he's a priest and an Italian Adonis...good Lord he's good looking. I say that without any prejudice...just ask all my gawking neighbors! Ha!

Anyway, this family is a bunch of caterers...great food is abound but the line for the bathroom has been a misery.

Wouldn't have it any other way...(just maybe a tad less pinching)!

Blessings to all,

RBsMom

Angelfish
Angelfish
1,060 Posts

[Post New]by 1457051 on Mar 27, 18 10:02 PM
Glad you are doing ok!
Maybe you should rent a couple porta-pottys!

kkreisman
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

[Post New]by kkreisman on Mar 27, 18 10:57 PM
mdpetdoc wrote:
kkreisman wrote: having to say goodbye to my sweet kitty yesterday, just about went over the edge.

katiek

Thank you, doc. She had been very sick the past couple of weeks, and although I didn't know it until we brought her to vet, she was blind. Vet said she almost certainly was in kidney failure AND had cancer, so there really was no choice. I just couldn't keep trying to keep her alive, and let her suffer.

DoubleMsMom
Minnow
Minnow
216 Posts

[Post New]by DoubleMsMom on Mar 27, 18 11:01 PM
kkreisman wrote:
mdpetdoc wrote:

katiek

Thank you, doc. She had been very sick the past couple of weeks, and although I didn't know it until we brought her to vet, she was blind. Vet said she almost certainly was in kidney failure AND had cancer, so there really was no choice. I just couldn't keep trying to keep her alive, and let her suffer.

So sorry for your loss.

Tammy27

rbsworld
Herring
Herring
317 Posts

[Post New]by rbsworld on Mar 28, 18 12:00 AM
Sorry for loss Katie....kitties are very special furry family members.

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Mar 28, 18 12:34 AM
I am so sorry Katie. It is not good, I was wondering about Myrtle, but her bloods came back good no problems, one kidney smaller than the other. but otherwise meds.

[Post New]by Hufflepuff on Mar 29, 18 3:49 PM
Good luck to everyone under real life pressure! My RL is a night mare right now.

[Post New]by Hufflepuff on Mar 29, 18 3:54 PM
So sorry for the lost of Katie! I feel with you because I am so much suffering because the lost of my beloved Artie.

Go to: