bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Cake Mania: Lights, Camera, Action!

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 14, 10 12:25 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Cake Mania: Lights, Camera, Action!? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

pixielily
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Cake Mania: Lights, Camera, Action!

[Post New]by pixielily on Jul 14, 10 5:40 AM
First I want to say that I love the cake mania games, except for this one! I found the story line offensive not only am i working a women about to give birth, but then she is sterotypically nasty because she is pregnant.

I tried to ignor the story and still play, and it might of been a great game, but for the first time I could not finish a demo due to the portrayal of women and the storyline.

This is a big for me

spiritgamer
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by spiritgamer on Jul 14, 10 6:18 AM
I too love allthe Cake Mania games but this one is a bit over the top with the different types of shops to run.

And yes, some of the comments are slightly offensive.

Replayer
Minnow
Minnow
207 Posts

[Post New]by Replayer on Jul 14, 10 6:53 AM
Like it okay, just with the freaky customers didn't show up so early.

I didn't take offense to the story line, as it is true to today's world. I don't think it was making her "nasty" because she was pregnant and working. I think it was showing her as totally exhausted, and wishing she didn't have to work.

As I said, true to today's world. Many women have to work right up to due date, like it or not, and when one is exhausted, one makes remarks one might not make otherwise.

Be that as it may, it is a game, and I will play it as such.

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Jul 14, 10 8:28 AM
I'm so excited! I played the demo on the developer's site, but I have been waiting for it to come to Big Fish!

Pros: Cute graphics! The music is decent. The gameplay is excellent. First, you have the traditional Cake Mania game. Customers come, and you make the cakes to order. Some customers override others' order or other interesting things happen to change up the game. Next, is Risha's Boutique. There, customers come in and display an image of a clothing item they want. Sometimes they want several items. Other times it just gives you something like "three blue shirts." The quicker you fill several orders, the better! Finally, there's Gordo's Pizza. It's like the cake shop, but with pizza (heh, obviously!) made to order. However, you make the entire pizza yourself, toppings and all. For me, the best part is a relaxed mode, meaning you can take your time if you'd like. You still have to make customers happy, but there's no time limit.

Cons Like someone else said, the special characters show up too early in the game. If several special characters come one after another, the game gets pretty hectic pretty quickly.

In all, this is sort of like three games in one!

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on Jul 14, 10 9:20 AM
Well,

I love TM games, but have never been a fan of the Cake Mania games & this one is no exception. It takes so long to get going on the earlier levels until you can get some upgrades, just waiting around for the cakes to bake. I also find it really annoying that she cannot pick up 2 things--I'm always losing because I try to pick up 2 things & end up with a 2 part cake. I'm sure fans of the series will love it, but definitely not for me.

[Post New]by wendyallad on Jul 14, 10 9:52 AM
I love the Cake Mania games. Own all of them and loved all of them and have been eagerly waiting for this one. I like the theme/story line but to each his own on that. If you like the cake Mania games, especially the last one you'll probably like this one. It does seem to start with some of the difficult characters, but I like that because it makes it more interesting right from the start. Anyway, back to my game.

nat_pink25
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,920 Posts

[Post New]by nat_pink25 on Jul 14, 10 10:06 AM
This is the first Cake Mania game that I buy.. i demoed it and loved it and couldn't stop playing!! What I love most.. is that you don't keep making cakes all the time.. and you can make pizza too. WHICH I LOVE! ... Love the game worth buying it!

kamenye
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by kamenye on Jul 14, 10 12:11 PM
All I'm gonna say is Yay! lol definately buy this payday

asalmons
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by asalmons on Jul 14, 10 12:39 PM
I really love the Cake Mania series and I really liked this one. I didn't find anything "offensive", I found most of it was kind of cute. I like being able to play different shops as it breaks it up a bit if you get frustrated at a particular one.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jul 14, 10 2:05 PM
I have already bought all previous Cake Mania games and I like also this one. Thats a buy for me

missgriz
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by missgriz on Jul 14, 10 2:40 PM
I love all the cake manias also its a buy for me

MsCIn513
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by MsCIn513 on Jul 14, 10 3:36 PM
First I would like to say Bigfish is late getting this game. I bought this game like a month ago........ However its not worth buying it has several levels but its not challenging enough. Its nothing new about this game besides her being offensive toward her husband smh...... Play the demo you will see everything is pretty much the same

Csgentry
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by Csgentry on Jul 14, 10 3:41 PM
missgriz wrote:I love all the cake manias also its a buy for me

I am pla

I am planning to buy this one too. I wish the cakes baked a little faster also, but I still enjoy playing it.

mizzmm
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
435 Posts

[Post New]by mizzmm on Jul 14, 10 5:04 PM
i bought this when it first came out. i couldn't wait. it's
my favorite one so far. i love the different shops and
believe me, it does get hard to make the superstar goal
on several levels. i'm still not finished with the game.
i give this TM game a huge

[Post New]by c_gamer02 on Jul 14, 10 5:24 PM
I love all Cake Mania games and this one is by the most challenging, which is a good thing. I like that you can change stores only wish there were more stores to choose from like in Cake Mania Main Street. However, my game is frozen on Level 20 in bakery. Anyone else having this problem?

[Post New]by whitepriestess on Jul 14, 10 6:55 PM
I got this game when it came out on the developer's site and loved it as well. I admit that I wasn't a huge fan of the variety of shops and so didn't like Main Street as much as Cake Mania 3, but Lights, Camera, Action! proved to be a wonderful surprise and had me change my mind.

I didn't find anything offensive about the game as well, but then again, there are very few things that I would find offensive.

I loved the bakery, especially the fruit topper. It provided a new challenge. The boutique was challenging as well and sometimes it was difficult to find particular clothes but I fared well for the most part. The pizzeria was great. I liked baking pizza, noodles, etc.

The customers are definitely the most challenging yet. Here's a tip for anyone struggling with certain customers. For the shoplifters, collect the money next to them right away. For the movie stars, if you're already in the process of serving other customers, wait to give the movie stars menus since they'll change everyone's orders.

Overall, a very excellent game and one I would highly recommend to buy.

[Post New]by haileesmother on Jul 14, 10 10:58 PM
are there really only 3 restaurants? i think im jumping the gun...but i noticed they tell u about the next one when u do like 5 lvls in but im around level 10 of the pizza place and im not seeing a 4th....tell me im wrong plz

nanny2x2
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by nanny2x2 on Jul 15, 10 12:53 AM
I'm not a typical fan of TM games, but this kept my interest long enough
to play the hour demo game.

Graphics were good and I liked going to the different shops.

That said, I wouldn't buy for the full price but would buy if it's ever offered
for the $2.99.....

[Post New]by indigo_ladybug on Jul 15, 10 1:14 PM
as much as I don't care for the girl's attitude towards her husband, who knows, it may have nothing to do with pregnancy, and that's how she is ALL the time, this was the cake game I liked the most.

2 things I didn't like were she can't carry 2 things at once, and also the slowness in getting upgrades (the amount of cash is slow to build up).

I usually like these at first, lol, but then too many things to add on a cake and it stresses me out. Oh, and I really don't care for the custom cursor. (shrugs)

but that's just me.

Go to: