sunfluer
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

It's finally here, but is the CE version better?

[Post New]by sunfluer on Jul 14, 10 4:21 AM
Yaaaa!!!! I am really excited that this is here. I know many like myself have been waiting eagerly but patiently for it to arrive. I also know others have bought the CE version from other sites. My question is...Is the CE edition worth it? What is the extra building and I know there are 10 extra levels, but they are on expert mode. Please share thoughts with me because I would like to purchase this game, just not sure which route to go. Has anyone bought it, completed it and regretted it? I was hoping they would get the CE version here and save me the trouble... Of course I would like 3 punches for my game if I am spending that amount. Thanks!

Edited on 07/14/2010 at 4:22:03 AM PST

laeddie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

Re:It's finally here, but is the CE version better?

[Post New]by laeddie on Jul 14, 10 4:41 AM
I think this a decision YOU have to make. I have waited for this cheaper/smaller version myself. I personally don't care for the "extras" except for additional levels so it is not worth price of three games for me. But I don't think any of them are. At least on BF you can use game credits already purchased/saved;other sites make you pay 3 credits even if you have ten already in your account. HAPPY GAMING P.S. On BF you can buy regular version and later IF they offer collections edition buy it and afterwards tell BF and they will credit/refund your first credit so it only costs 3 credits total.

Edited on 07/14/2010 at 4:44:53 AM PST

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Jul 14, 10 11:21 AM
I have read that there are 15 (not 10) expert levels on the CE. I agree with Laeddie that it's a personal decision and that you could always contact later to request an upgrade.

JajsMother
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by JajsMother on Jul 14, 10 7:11 PM
Unless I'm missing something, there are only 10 levels. Got the CE for the 4th of July weekend. Now, I can't believe I spend an extra $13 for 10 levels. But, hey, I enjoyed the 4th!

sunfluer
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by sunfluer on Jul 15, 10 7:28 AM
Thanks for the input. I know it is my decision, but I like to gather input before I make decision on purchases like this. I have been able to save myself a lot of frustration by asking questions and listening to other people's experiences. Do you think that BF will eventually get the CE version? I thought it was odd they did not release it when the other sites did, but you never know with the gaming industry what is going on behind the scenes.

cathy12
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by cathy12 on Jan 14, 12 10:31 PM
I got this game just yesterday, and im really enjoying it have had no problems with it unlike the on vacation game i really struggle with. this is a piece of cake, which when im playing this game and it flows from level to level i enjoy it more, the olde worlde English language is not a problem to me as i fail to see the point of a Shakespearean tone out of place with this game, the music is so pleasant my family adore it as i do.also the multitude of options you have to play in the relaxed mode and i just love the little abbey which gives a level of happiness effortless my only regret is not buying this one first.

pure Shakespearean would spoil it for those people who cannot understand the correct tone of his language i think the developers have played it safe so young people can enjoy a sense of the language while enhancing the game play for everyone to understand my advice for playing this game is play casual first it will give you a insight into the main game as you will get the general idea of how things work like happiness levels and materials to buy hope you find this post useful after all its your game you play whichever way you feel right with and enjoy the experiences

Go to: