Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fish Tycoon 2: Virtual Aquarium here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 26, 18 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 03/26/2018 at 8:43:00 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fish Tycoon 2: Virtual Aquarium here.

[Post New]by kelsmanly6 on Mar 26, 18 12:57 AM
The graphics are very blurry and hard to read. Running windows 10

judyj450
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by judyj450 on Mar 26, 18 5:13 AM
the game seems quite interesting; however, there is no way to quit and then go back into the game where you left off. i had to hit ctrl, alt, delete to get to stop task. what is wrong here? can you fix it? thx

[Post New]by WINKATME on Mar 26, 18 6:51 AM
I'm also running windows 10 and having the same problem as kelsmanly6. You can't read the options menu too blurry.I tried the 3 choices of screen resolution in the game none of them worked. Then I tried changing the screen resolution on my computer but it still didn't work. PLEASE HELP I LOVE FISH/AQUARIUM GAMES! Thanks, Wink

vannojo
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by vannojo on Mar 26, 18 6:56 AM
How do you "quit" the game?

Trixietrx
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Trixietrx on Mar 26, 18 8:08 AM
Same, how do you quit?

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 26, 18 8:42 AM
Hi Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work as it should, we highly recommend visiting the Big Fish Games Help pages as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped past players correct various types of problems:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using the information in our Big Fish Games Help articles, please get in touch with the Customer Support Team. It would also be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide the most appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are looking for game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgArinelle

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 26, 18 8:57 AM
Hi Everyone,

It sounds like there have been some visual issues as well as trouble exiting the game. I'll be happy to help try to find some solutions to these troubles.

When it comes to visual difficulties, our efforts will focus on providing the game additional resources and checking for updates for the video card drivers. Video card drivers in particular have a heavy influence over how a game appears, so updating them can often resolve issues quickly. The following links have steps to try out for this situation:

Run Game as Administrator
Video Driver Updates
Screen Resolution (for those who have not yet tried it)

As for closing out the game, it looks like pressing the Esc key brings up a box providing the player the option to exit the game. I was able to successfully exit using this method, so that should eliminate any need to use the Task Manager to close out the game!

If the above tips do not resolve the issues, please let our Technical Support Team know. You're also always welcome to PM one of our Moderators with questions. We're happy to help however we can.

bfgArinelle

Edited on 03/26/2018 at 8:58:06 AM PST

[Post New]by MarkAlan27 on Mar 26, 18 10:29 AM
To fix the blurry graphics you need to set the resolution to the same as your Windows desktop. You will need to slide the graphics options up or down to get beyond the default of 640 x 480.

pinkbear022
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by pinkbear022 on Mar 26, 18 1:51 PM
There was no way to quit this game. I'm on a MacBook.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 26, 18 2:18 PM
Hello Mark Alan27 and pinkbear002,

To start, I want to thank Mark Alan27 for swimming by with that great tip! Hopefully adjusting the resolution of the game so that it matches the computer's native resolution will work for our other players as well. Thank you for taking the time to share this information with your fellow players!

In your case, pinkbear002, the game can be exited by pressing the Esc key. If your MacBook doesn't have this key, there should still be the option to use that function through the MacBook's Touch Bar. Please let us know if there are any difficulties with this!

As always, you're welcome to PM one of our Moderators with any additional questions. We're always happy to help out.

bfgArinelle

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Mar 26, 18 2:59 PM
The only way to exit the game is by clicking the esc button on your keyboard, it will then ask if you're sure you want to quit.

EndlessSerpent
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by EndlessSerpent on Mar 26, 18 3:37 PM
And yet another game I can't get into. this has been going on for weeks now. Some new games work find, others, like this one, have a resolution conflict. I'm not buying a lot of games because I can't get them to load because of resolution. This is crazy!

Sorry, running windows 10

Okay, some of the games are now working, but NOT this one. This one only opens vertical and about a half inch across at that. Can't get right into the game, unfortunately. and my time is running out on this game and I haven't even played it yet. I like the Tycoon series, wish I could get into it to try it out.

Okay, I bought and tried out Fish Tycoon and it works great! But FT2 still won't work. I bought the second one, hoping it might work if paid for, but no, it does NOT. I'm still getting the SKUNK WORKS...Dark screen on both sides with a scrunched up blue screen in the middle (about a half inch from the top to the bottom of my screen). Any ideas how I can unscrunch it?

Edited on 03/27/2018 at 4:58:01 PM PST

boptab
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by boptab on Mar 27, 18 5:30 PM
Can not find a way to quit this game!

[Post New]by monkeybum27 on Mar 28, 18 4:09 AM
Can't quit the game, esc worked yesterday but not today. I'm on windows 10.

Edited to add now working again, was being temperamental though...

Edited on 03/28/2018 at 5:15:11 AM PST

[Post New]by Notalotenkammen on Mar 28, 18 11:46 AM
Is there a solution yet that actually works for running this game on windows 10? I had installed it and the 1st time I launched it everything was just fine. My system did an update last night and now when I try to launch the game everything is fuzzy and hard to see. I have tried all the options of changing resolution and running in a different compatibility mode but nothing is clearing up the resolution for me.

[Post New]by jamiesherman on Mar 28, 18 12:30 PM
The fountain doesn't seem to be working. They just stand in front of it endlessly without putting any money in it and then new customers don't come in, so you have to go in and out of the sell screen to get new people to come in.

[Post New]by Yellow_Eye on Mar 29, 18 4:49 AM
Exiting the game while running by Escape works for me. (Win 10). But if I pause the game before exiting it doesn't. I had to close it by pushing the windows button and close the screen. So I can manage, but it isn't great.

[Post New]by raluferesteanu on Mar 29, 18 4:50 AM
having the same problem with the fountain

mcf1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by mcf1 on Mar 29, 18 4:12 PM
Ditto on the fountain not doing anything. I do have new people coming in, but once they hit the fountain, they are stuck. No coins in the fountain, which is sad because description promotes it as a way to get coins.

Go to: