FreeBird01
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

I have reached the Level where the "bombs" are started.

[Post New]by FreeBird01 on Mar 26, 18 7:45 AM
I was doing well in the game until I hit those "bombs"! Do they continue on through the game?

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:I have reached the Level where the "bombs" are started.

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 26, 18 8:06 AM
I'm glad you decided to buy the game FreeBird01; thought you'd moved on since you didn't want to do the file folder workaround for future replays.

If you mean those dynamite things with the numbers on them - the idea is to either incorporate them into your matches before the counter goes to zero or use powerups on them to clear them if the counter is getting low. There is a powerup called "water shock" which when used adds 5 moves to the dynamite counters. Not every level has dynamite and it's not necessary to clear every dynamite. Since the game is limited moves it may be better to focus on clearing the tiles or doing whatever other goal there is to win the level.

FreeBird01
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by FreeBird01 on Mar 26, 18 7:32 PM
There was a Mac work around found and posted in the Forum. Besides after a while I started thinking how much do I ever replay a game after I completely finish it anyway?

I had a "free" game to buy so I got Pretty Snails. But the same thing has happened to me that I knew would happen to me. The game starts out so easy, but the higher up you are in levels the harder it gets to complete them. I'm having major problems on the Levels with the "bombs". There seems to be too much to try to keep up within the amount of moves you are given. I'm in trouble if a bomb explodes and if I'm trying to make sure the bombs don't explode I'm using up too many moves! It's like trying to be a juggler and I've found out I don't juggle well

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 27, 18 6:42 AM
Have you checked out the "how to 3 star all the levels" thread? Even if you aren't a 3 star completionist there's a lot of useful info there which should help you get through the levels. In case you didn't know, you can always view any thread in the forum even if it's locked - it's just that you can't post replies to a locked thread anymore.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 27, 18 7:02 AM
Another thread which should help is the powerup combos one I posted in the Penguin Rescue forum. Although it's a different game from this dev, they pretty much make the same game over and over with every release of theirs I've ever played, so these tricks will help in Pretty Snails too.

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/910496.page

To "translate" for Pretty Snails -

super penguin (from M4) = super shell
colorful penguin (from straight line M5) = flower bouquet or "colorful bunch of flowers" as the dev calls them

bombs are bombs in all Intersol games and you get them for L or T shaped matches of 5 or more tiles

FreeBird01
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by FreeBird01 on Mar 28, 18 12:18 AM
I'm doing well again thanks to your help I have just finished 127. My problem area was from 99 into the first few levels of the l00's after that I was off and running again

Edited on 03/28/2018 at 12:19:24 AM PST

FreeBird01
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by FreeBird01 on Mar 30, 18 12:09 AM
I finished the game yesterday. Thanks for all your help SynthpopAddict The ending I thought was lame not to mention that even the ending contained a glitch in it But it was bright and colorful so there was enjoyment to the game

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 30, 18 6:44 AM
Congrats!!! It's a pretty challenging game so give yourself a pat on the back. Yes, all of Intersol's games have a few bugs in them - seems to be one of their "trademarks".

FreeBird01
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by FreeBird01 on Apr 13, 18 5:13 PM
What a "trademark" to have! But with me using a MAC doesn't help with the games a bit! I don't know why I can't get through Mystery Loss and Penguin Rescue since I got through Pretty Snails?

Go to: