Selling fish

[Post New]by calton on Mar 26, 18 9:32 AM
How old do the fish have to be before they can be sold?

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

Selling fish

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Mar 26, 18 9:56 AM
calton wrote:How old do the fish have to be before they can be sold?

I thought the tutorial said they had to be adults to breed or sell them. I played the demo early this morning but I thought there was a "meter" under the fish that filled to show they were ready, but I could be wrong

Sushi?

MrsK80
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Selling fish

[Post New]by MrsK80 on Mar 26, 18 1:26 PM
They can be sold when they are adults. Also make sure they are healthy and fed before attempting to sell them. Click on the fish and hit the "Species" button and you can adjust the prices on the fish as well.

[Post New]by calton on Mar 26, 18 4:54 PM
I'm guessing then that they reach adulthood at age 18? Not sure what the range is for fish. Likewise, some of my fish are getting in their 70's. How old can they get before dying?

MrsK80
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by MrsK80 on Mar 26, 18 5:31 PM
If version 2 is like version 1 the fish will not die of old age. Diseases or malnutrition can kill them, but if properly cared for they will live forever.

Trixietrx
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Trixietrx on Mar 26, 18 6:06 PM
It looks like they turn into adults at 20, and I've had fish that were close to or over 100? I sold them just in case. Plus if your fish die you can autopsy them, I had a tank full of rare fish that bit the dust while I napped.

Signe28
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by Signe28 on Mar 27, 18 3:21 PM
Does anyone know how long (in minutes) it takes a fish to reach 20 (the adult stage)?
Just curious and trying to manage the game. thanks!

Signe28
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

Does anyone know how long (in minutes) it takes a fish to reach 20 (the adult stage)?

Signe28
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by littlelulu65 on Mar 27, 18 7:16 PM
It takes a few hours to reach 20 years old unless you have a "magic fish of maturity". Then it takes a lot less time. Look at the post entitled "Spoiler! How to Get Another Magic Fish of Nutrition" if you want to know how to get one of those

Edited on 03/27/2018 at 7:16:34 PM PST

zbeewmn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by zbeewmn on Mar 30, 18 10:39 AM
I'm new to Fish Tycoon, never played the first one. I'm having trouble selecting fish to sell. In my first tank, the one with the level number, sometimes I can select a fish to sell, sometimes not. I keep a lot of my fish pregnant in the tank, and I need to make room for the babies. Am I only allowed to sell one type of fish at a time?
In the second tank, the one with the dollar sign, I can click on a fish to sell, but it doesn't disappear. Then, when I go to the sell fish page, they are all on sale, pregnant, magic fish, everything that I didn't want to sell.
How do I remove a fish from the sale page? I've tried to open the help screen, but it only blinks and blows bubbles. How do I get the sale tank to only sell the fish I want to?Can I sell more than one fish of the same (or similar) type?
I'm on a Mac. Thanks for any help I can get here.

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Mar 30, 18 6:37 PM
Hi zbeewmn,
I am assuming you only have the #1 tank and the sale tank. Drag the fish you want to keep from the sale tank up to the top of the tank and then release them into the first tank. The tanks will only hold 21 fish each so be sure not to overpopulate with pregnant fish.
As you collect coins you will have the option to purchase extra tanks, up to 4 plus your sale tank. Any adult fish in the sale tank will sell in the store unless you put a ridiculously high price on them like $999. Juvenile fish will not sell.

The tank numbers are for identification purposes not as level indicators.

Edited on 03/30/2018 at 6:43:01 PM PST

zbeewmn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by zbeewmn on Apr 1, 18 10:18 AM
Thank you so much, memaclay2. I never would have figured that out!

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Apr 2, 18 6:59 AM
You are very welcome and have lots of fun!

Go to: