Friends of Druid

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

Friends of Druid

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Mar 26, 18 10:09 AM
Hi friends,
I'm having serious problems with the Spring room freezing again. Apparently my "safe" limit of 96 friends from last year no longer applies. Probably the new HOS are just too taxing on the server, because it's definitely connection-related.

So here's my dilemma - I have started temporarily deleting all of my friends who either have been red for a long time, aren't advancing, & don't have a return date posted, or don't have either Spring room open. It helps, but not enough. And I add everybody back every morning when my connection is strongest & check if there's been any change. There hasn't been, so they get deleted again after I do the Terrace in the ones who did leave their original Spring room open. (Thank you for doing that! )

Even after deleting those 10 friends, it still freezes when changing rooms or waiting for the HOS winnings to drop. To give you an idea how bad it is, I have started keeping my book handy. This morning I read 4 pages while waiting for 1 HOS to drop, & I'm no speed-reader! It seems the more of us have room 2 open, the worse it is. The delays are making it impossible for me to visit all my friends - I haven't gotten through all the HOS since the 1st day when not that many were open.

So here's where I need your help. Does anyone else have more friends right now than they can manage, & would it be ok to delete you & accept you back after the Event is over? I really, really hate to ask this of my wonderful, generous friends, but I've got to do something to lighten the load.

Please pm me or respond here if you're ok with this.

One last thing - I've been leaving my original room open from GMT Midnight til when I wake up (early PM GMT), & switching then to room 2. I'm missing my original room all day, though - the fountain & singing birds are so soothing - so I'll leave room 2 open until tomorrow morning, & then have the original room open til GMT Midnight - just the opposite of what I've been doing so far. If this inconveniences anyone, PLEASE tell me! I will try to accommodate your needs.

Thank you for understanding why I need to do this. Love you all,
Druid

AuntieRoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

Re:Friends of Druid

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Mar 26, 18 11:17 AM
Hi Druid,I’m so sorry your having all this trouble.If it will help go ahead & delete my 2 games,as long as you promise to re-invite me after the event is over.

jakeybubby
Clownfish
Clownfish
585 Posts

[Post New]by jakeybubby on Mar 26, 18 11:36 AM
Hey there my friend

Sorry to hear about you troubles. It is fine if you want to delete Kloee til after the event, but please take me back when it is over as I owe you a few.

Hope all works out for you and enjoy the SE.

Take care

Lisa

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Mar 26, 18 12:09 PM
Thank you friends.

Pearl, I did clear my cookies & history. Maybe I need to do it daily. I'll try that, thanks. And you're welcome!

Lisa & Ros, this is exactly what I was dreading, that my really good friends who are always there for me when I need help would be the ones to offer to take the ax. It would just kill me to delete you, but I'll hold it in reserve as a last option. Thanks so much for your understanding & support.

I was really hoping that some of my SE friends who don't gift would have more HOS than they can do in a day, & so wouldn't mind having 1 less room to visit. I will continue hoping - the day is young.

AuntieRoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Mar 26, 18 1:17 PM
My dear friend,I can’t count how many times you have helped me on the forum & in my game.Defineatly delete my Ros game for now as I have plenty of friends on that game to complete everything I need.
Please don’t risk loosing your game.
My very best wishes
Ros

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Mar 26, 18 1:37 PM
OK Ros, but I'll keep Snowdrop. I want to keep helping you.
You're the best!

jakeybubby
Clownfish
Clownfish
585 Posts

[Post New]by jakeybubby on Mar 26, 18 2:03 PM
Please don’t stress over axing me for a month We have been friends for 2 plus years. Do what you need to do Tia to make the most enjoyable SE for you and you can always add me back. If you need anything to help out for a day here or there just PM me with what you need and we will take it day by day.

Dbingamen
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by Dbingamen on Mar 26, 18 2:50 PM
Same here, Tia. But I treasure our friendship so please don’t forget to reinvite me

tennco
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,001 Posts

[Post New]by tennco on Mar 26, 18 3:10 PM
Same goes for me Druid. Just invite me back after event. Glad to be able to help you out. Carly

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Mar 26, 18 3:17 PM
You really are the most wonderful friends! Thank you so much. I could never forget you.

I cleared my cookies & history before I went back in, deleted Ros & 1 other who is away for another week, & it ran a bit better.

I'm still hoping a couple SE friends will realize they have more friends than they can visit in a day & delete me. I put it in my name - "OK2delete 4SE"

Rest assured, I have everybody's friend code written down - I will immediately invite back as soon as I am able!

Angelfish
Angelfish
1,060 Posts

[Post New]by 1457051 on Mar 26, 18 3:33 PM
You can delete me, but please come back!
I'm sorry you are having these problems. Best of luck

PM me if you aren't sure who I am.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Mar 26, 18 4:16 PM
Oh, I know you, all right! Thanks, TLB2.

And I take it all back about it running better - I went back in & did 4 HOS that took forever to drop, & then it totally locked up on me. Worse than usual.
This is always the worst time of day & just when I'm trying to get finished. A whole hour, only 4 HOS done, & I'm not even sure they counted because I couldn't close out properly.
Oh well, I'm almost 2/3 through my book …… Glass half full, right?

[Post New]by Elsaemerald on Mar 26, 18 4:55 PM
Oh no,
Sorry to hear you are having such a nightmare, Tia.
I wonder if it is something to do with playing on an iPhone.

My iPad game is perfectly fine but my iPhone game is more than a little wobbly. It crashes frequently when I’m finished a Spring Room 2 HOS. And it takes ages to exit the private room tab. And I have less than 40 friends, good wifi, and the phone is a newish 7 with everything updated.

I say this because it would be a shame for you to delete your dear friends and have the problem turn out to be inherent to the type of device independent of number of friends.

If you do find it is helping to reduce your friend list then I’ll volunteer as well — but only temporarily. I would miss you terribly.

Elsa

Love_rnr
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by Love_rnr on Mar 26, 18 6:23 PM
Sorry you are having this problem! Since I don’t have the time to get to all 3 of the new Spring HOS rooms of all my friends everyday, you can TEMPORARILY delete me, if it helps you out.

Even tho I play on an iPad, I find each HOS in the new spring room to be very slow to open, but not near as long as you are waiting.

I’m probably going to delete all “red” friends that still have the main or Christmas rooms still set up, maybe things will go alittle faster for me.

Take care Tia!

Paula

Edited on 03/26/2018 at 6:24:05 PM PST

retired94
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by retired94 on Mar 26, 18 7:07 PM
Sorry about your problems. My Kindle will shut down periodically, losing everything I have done. So, please “send me on a vacation” until after the event. I’ll see you when you’re ready.

NeonB
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by NeonB on Mar 26, 18 7:27 PM
OK...
Delete Me ! It will hurt not seeing you on my game after all this time but as long as you take me back after the SE I can deal with it. I would rather lose you temporarily than lose you forever. Hope this helps.
Neon

Aurora378
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Aurora378 on Mar 26, 18 8:44 PM
Druid,

Delete me if you need other volunteers. I will miss you, but look forward to seeing you again after the Spring Event.

Aurora

tesskw
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by tesskw on Mar 26, 18 9:04 PM
Druid,
You can delete me, but hope you invite me back!

tess

[Post New]by lanky46musician on Mar 26, 18 9:18 PM
Druid,

Go ahead and drop me if you still need to. I have 129 friends, so I will be ok during the Spring Event.

DeeJay46
i2408598

jaximoto
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

[Post New]by jaximoto on Mar 26, 18 9:21 PM
Druid, delete me if you need to but please ask me back when you are ready. So sorry to hear about the game issues..I've had problems with MC loading in the past and it had to do with memory available on my iPad......I think it falls under the "You know you're a MC addict when..." category, since I sacrificed and deleted other apps so I could keep playing....

Wish you the best!

Playing along,
Jaximoto

Go to: