metmichallica
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,184 Posts

How do you exit the game on full screen mode?

[Post New]by metmichallica on Mar 26, 18 10:41 AM
I see no way to do it. Thank you.

Michelle

Windows Vista
4 gigs ram

Edited to add: Never mind. I looked in tech issues thread and it seems there isn't a way which is stupid.

I messed around with the full screen settings and now it will let me close the game on full screen.

Edited on 03/26/2018 at 11:13:11 AM PST

MrsK80
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:How do you exit the game on full screen mode?

[Post New]by MrsK80 on Mar 26, 18 1:29 PM
I hit Escape on my computer and it led me to a window which asked me if I wanted to exit.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 26, 18 2:10 PM
Hey there metmichallica,

As MrsK80 mentioned, the game can be exited by pressing the Esc key to bring up a box that will ask if you'd like to quit the game. Confirming there will exit the game. Hope this helps out!

bfgArinelle

metmichallica
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,184 Posts

[Post New]by metmichallica on Mar 26, 18 2:57 PM
I am playing in windowed mode. It has an x to exit out of the game, but other than the menu exit button at the top it is full screen.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 26, 18 3:05 PM
Hi there metmichallica,

In either windowed mode or full-screen mode, the Esc will bring up a box in the middle of the screen asking if you'd like to exit the game.

If instead there's trouble keeping the game out of full-screen, I can provide some tips there too. When I took the game out of full-screen and then hit the Options button, it maximized the game on my screen. This was able to be resolved by adjusting the Resolution at the bottom-right of the Options menu until the window was the size I wanted.

Hope this helps! Feel free to PM me if there are additional questions.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by littlelulu65 on Mar 27, 18 7:19 PM
You have to pause your game in order to be able to press ESC to quit. Go into the settings menu and click on pause.

[Post New]by FergyCA on Apr 6, 18 9:49 AM
littlelulu65 wrote:You have to pause your game in order to be able to press ESC to quit. Go into the settings menu and click on pause.

I have been able to hit ESC without the pause to exit. I am in Windowed mode.

lil_chickadee
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by lil_chickadee on Apr 7, 18 11:36 PM
I can exit the game from either full screen or windowed mode without pausing just by clicking "ESC" and choosing "yes" I want to exit the game.

[Post New]by Bryhannah on Apr 27, 18 12:33 PM
Oh lort. "ESC" was the first thing I tried, but apparently I was hitting the button too quick or too soft or something. I'm not new to computers, I have no idea what my problem is, lol, but as long as I press it firmly, the exit window comes up. D'oh!

Go to: