lisam63
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

Upgrading??????

[Post New]by lisam63 on Jul 14, 10 3:49 PM
Why a choice on the upgrades ?? you don't get to see them anyway ...I would rather have the choice of painting the houses instead .

did i miss something or is it just a disappointing BAL game ???
was waiting for something different lately to come out rather than the IHOG or HOG..guess will have to wait longer

nelly153
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

Re:Upgrading??????

[Post New]by nelly153 on Jul 16, 10 7:56 AM
I totally agree the option to chose the upgrade is pointless when you cant see it. I preferred the earlier BAL games where the upgrade was just done and then you could paint. All this does is make an extra mouse click necessary everytime you upgrade a house!

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jul 17, 10 9:29 AM
i think it's so the little person up in the corner gets to make another comment!

the same was offered in the european edition - i remember being given the choice of a cool game room or stone fireplace or whatever for updating the chalets... i also remember thinking then that it was only for the little person to make a comment about my house...

SantaBanana
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by SantaBanana on Jul 17, 10 4:31 PM
For the first upgrades, the choices are all the same. I don't see the point there either.

But after that, it gets interesting. You have choice of which resources to use up: materials or workers. You can preview the upgrade choices, for example, on the left, you use 120 materials + 1 worker. In the middle, you use 100 materials + 2 workers. On the right you use 80 materials + 3 workers.

So it's pretty useful if you have limited materials or limited workers. Like if you have only 5 workers, and you want to upgrade 2 houses that normally need 3 workers each. Now you can use 3 workers on 1, and 2 workers on the other, even if it means using more materials.

Or if you're almost out of materials, like you only have 80 materials left, and have no money to order more, you can still upgrade, but the trade-off is using more workers.

I'm not sure my explanation makes sense! But after awhile you do kinda see the sense in the upgrade choices!

Go to: