Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Darkheart: Flight of the Harpies Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 27, 18 12:36 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 03/27/2018 at 8:22:16 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Darkheart: Flight of the Harpies Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Jade1953 on Mar 27, 18 8:21 AM
I am using 8.1 on my PC to play this game. The game loaded well, but, then it would pause like it would crash. Not once, but, several times. Made the game unplayable.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Darkheart: Flight of the Harpies Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 27, 18 8:22 AM
Hi Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work as it should, we highly recommend visiting the Big Fish Games Help pages as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped past players correct various types of problems:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using the information in our Big Fish Games Help articles, please get in touch with the Customer Support Team. It would also be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide the most appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are looking for game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgArinelle

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Mar 27, 18 10:34 AM
I got 809 then try to fix then it said I had played the whole game & the time was up, was to buy site unseen, What is up with this game?

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Mar 27, 18 12:20 PM
Hello VTCT,

I'm sorry Darkheart: Flight of the Harpies Collector's Edition isn't working properly. I'll definitely provide some troubleshooting guidance right away.

Error code 809 often occurs when a previously opened game is minimized in the task bar or when a game takes to long to open. The directions for resolving this error code are easy and can be found in the help article below:

Error Code 809

If the trial version of this game expired before it could be played, I'd recommend reinstalling it to the computer. It's possible, however, that if Darkheart: Flight of the Harpies Collector's Edition took too long to open that the trial's countdown timer accidentally started. If that's the case, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. Don't hesitate to PM me or another moderator if more questions arise. We're always happy to help.

bfgBeruna

kreedster
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by kreedster on Mar 27, 18 1:58 PM
I keep crashing and have tried everything in the help guide. I am using windows 7 professional. I am just past where I gave the queen egg to the Harpie.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Mar 27, 18 2:17 PM
Hello kreedster,

I'm sorry Darkheart: Flight of the Harpies Collector's Edition keeps crashing. If all the previously suggested steps have been followed, and the game still isn't working, I'd recommend emailing our Technical Support Team. They will be able to replace the game for you.

Thank you for your understanding. Please don't hesitate to PM me or another moderator in the future if new questions arise. We're always here to help.

bfgBeruna

smpilotmom
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by smpilotmom on Mar 27, 18 2:19 PM
Same here, I am a Windows 7 user and my game keeps crashing just after I pick the Magic Berries in the Harpie Queen's cave.

smpilotmom
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by smpilotmom on Mar 27, 18 2:55 PM
Kreedster, don't use the map to travel between locations for this section. I took the "long" way (it's only a couple of extra mouse clicks) and completed the tasks just fine. Must be a glitch in the programming for this section. It's DEF not our computers.

smpilotmom
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by smpilotmom on Mar 27, 18 3:16 PM
Scratch that! I was able to mover forward a little bit but now the game keeps crashing and I don't get any kind of error codes. I even re-installed the game and it did not help. Very disappointing

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Mar 27, 18 5:50 PM
Hello smpilotmom,

I'm really sorry Darkheart: Flight of the Harpies Collector's Edition crashed after all of your hard work. First I'd recommend checking to see whether the computer's video card driver is up to date. This driver is responsible for directing how graphics are displayed, and its developers regularly release new versions to ensure that the game continues running smoothly.

Please see the following help page more further instructions:

It would also be a good idea to run this game with administrator permissions. This will ensure the game can access all of the resources it needs. I've included a help page with those instructions below as well:

If those suggestions don't fix the game, please email our Technical Support Team. They'll be able to replace this game for you.

Thanks for your patience, and have a lovely evening.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by marijkee123 on Mar 28, 18 2:55 PM
kreedster wrote:I keep crashing and have tried everything in the help guide. I am using windows 7 professional. I am just past where I gave the queen egg to the Harpie.

Same here, use windows 7. Something is wrong with te Harpies when you give the egg. Reinstalled and the rest of the usual stuff

mmdgaston
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by mmdgaston on Mar 28, 18 4:33 PM
please fix this game...and yes i have done everything need to fix........no good....update repair please......

[Post New]by brevatt on Mar 28, 18 5:21 PM
Just got the game this morning with 2 credits. When I went to play the game it froze before it even started. Tried to play a few times but always the same. I have uninstalled twice and am currently downloading again. Why is the cursor freezing before it even starts the game? Ok 3rd time installed and still the same and I have done everything that has been suggested. Please help. Thank you

kandinsky
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

working through crashes in windows 7

[Post New]by kandinsky on Mar 29, 18 10:09 AM
I had this problem of crashes around time of giving egg and the thing I finally did was inch forward each time stopping one action short of previous crash and then finding next time I could at least get past that and save it and go on. very annoying . needs a fix. but got past the section I think.

Edited on 03/29/2018 at 10:10:10 AM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Mar 29, 18 12:23 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thanks for bringing these issues to the attention of the Moderation Team. We'll certainly pass these reports along to the appropriate teams. For now, to get Darkheart: Flight of the Harpies Collector's Edition to work, I'd recommend trying the suggestions in the help articles below:

Email our Technical Support Team if that advice doesn't fix the game.

Please PM me or another moderator if new questions arise in the future. We're always here to listen and to help.

bfgBeruna

working through crashes in windows 7

[Post New]by marijkee123 on Mar 31, 18 3:12 PM
kandinsky wrote:I had this problem of crashes around time of giving egg and the thing I finally did was inch forward each time stopping one action short of previous crash and then finding next time I could at least get past that and save it and go on. very annoying . needs a fix. but got past the section I think.

Hello Kadinsky, I followd your path and it worked for me. One rune, exit and up to the next one. Indeed verry annoying. I made it this way to the prison of the mage. Tried from there to play the game normal. It worked for me!

srabtoy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by srabtoy on Apr 1, 18 10:59 AM
I have uninstalled the game, done everything the TECH team suggested and it still crashes when I get to the runes. Very sad that Big Fish seems to be lagging behind in the world of technology. This is not the only game I am having problems with. Have Windows 10 and 8.1 upgrade. Very sad that I spent this money and can't complete the game.

[Post New]by twylla29 on Apr 4, 18 6:33 AM
the game keeps crashing and i have done all they said to do like uninstalling and updating computer parts....i just bought the game...

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Apr 4, 18 1:51 PM
Hello Everyone,

For those having trouble with the rune area, I wanted to reiterate that our Moderators have let the appropriate teams know about this situation. As soon as we hear more on the subject, we'll let our players known right away by announcement.

It also sounds like a couple of players have found a workaround for this particular area. I've included it below for players to try for now:

by marijkee123 on Mar 31, 18 3:12 PM
kandinsky wrote:
I had this problem of crashes around time of giving egg and the thing I finally did was inch forward each time stopping one action short of previous crash and then finding next time I could at least get past that and save it and go on. very annoying . needs a fix. but got past the section I think.

Hello Kadinsky, I followd your path and it worked for me. One rune, exit and up to the next one. Indeed verry annoying. I made it this way to the prison of the mage. Tried from there to play the game normal. It worked for me!

If this workaround and the aforementioned troubleshooting do not resolve the issues, please let our Technical Support Team know. They can collect information helpful for those reports we're passing along, and they can also offer a replacement game when appropriate.

Please feel free to PM one of our Moderators with any other questions. We'll do our very best to assist in the ways we can.

bfgArinelle

Edited on 04/04/2018 at 1:52:27 PM PST

Go to: