Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Darkheart: Flight of the Harpies Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 27, 18 12:38 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 03/27/2018 at 8:23:33 AM PST

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Darkheart: Flight of the Harpies Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by nanafraser on Mar 27, 18 6:12 AM
I like the game! Some things run a little slow! But its interesting enough for me! Its got enough of the fairy aspect for me!
Its about a young women trying to rescue her parents that were taken by harpies! W/ the help of some kind of forest magic man!
As I played further, it kinda reminds me of the "Wizard of Oz". The young girl picks up friends she helps on the way to help he in he quest to find her parents!

Edited on 03/27/2018 at 1:49:50 PM PST

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Darkheart: Flight of the Harpies Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Mar 27, 18 6:33 AM
nanafraser wrote:I like the game! Some things run a little slow! But its interesting enough for me! Its got enough of the fairy aspect for me!
Its about a young women trying to rescue her parents that were taken by harpies! W/ the help of some kind of forest magic man!

[Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 03/27/2018 at 9:53:39 AM PST

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Mar 27, 18 7:00 AM
Majestyx12 wrote:
nanafraser wrote:I like the game! Some things run a little slow! But its interesting enough for me! Its got enough of the fairy aspect for me!

[Removed by Moderator]

[Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 03/27/2018 at 10:00:15 AM PST

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Mar 27, 18 7:14 AM
nanafraser wrote:
Majestyx12 wrote:

[Removed by Moderator]

[Removed by Moderator]

[Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 03/27/2018 at 9:54:12 AM PST

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Mar 27, 18 7:23 AM
Majestyx12 wrote:
nanafraser wrote:
Majestyx12 wrote:

[Removed by Moderator]

[Removed by Moderator]

[Removed by Moderator]

[Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 03/27/2018 at 10:01:14 AM PST

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Mar 27, 18 7:35 AM

Edited on 03/27/2018 at 9:54:36 AM PST

[Post New]by DesertHermit on Mar 27, 18 8:03 AM

Edited on 03/27/2018 at 10:01:37 AM PST

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Mar 27, 18 8:08 AM

Edited on 03/27/2018 at 10:19:37 AM PST

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 27, 18 8:22 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread for Darkheart: Flight of the Harpies Collector's Edition! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on this game here. There are just a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Darkheart: Flight of the Harpies Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators. We'll be happy to assist in any way we can.

bfgArinelle

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Mar 27, 18 10:48 AM
Hello Everyone,

I needed to quickly swim by to remind all of our players that while we definitely want everyone to be able to discuss the game and other facets related to it beyond a review, we do want to retain this specific thread as for reviews for Darkheart: Flight of the Harpies Collector's Edition. Part of our review guidelines are as follows:

moderators will remove any content that isn't a review

We do our best to retain review threads for only reviews, and will remove content that doesn't appear to be a review when we find that is occurring. Thank you for understanding that creating new threads or private messages instead is the appropriate option when wanting to go beyond a review for a game. This way other players can come to the specific review thread for reviews and everyone will still be able to discuss further than that on the game's forum itself in a new discussion thread for that purpose.

Thank you all for your time. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Edited on 03/27/2018 at 10:48:38 AM PST

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Mar 27, 18 11:40 AM

Running in the opposite direction seems like a logical response when faced with a flock of Harpies, but not in this town! In fact, they celebrate The Great Day of Harvest, and believe that it's a great honor to be "chosen" by a Harpy! (if you can't beat 'em, you may as well join 'em right?) But the people of this town are also aware of a Prophecy that has been handed down for generations, that one day, someone brave enough, will challenge these harbingers of evil. That one day is Now, and that someone is You!

This game starts out a bit slow and uneventful, but gains momentum as you progress, and I'm not really sure why. The graphics aren't very consistant, at times they seem super sharp and crystal clear, other times they seem blurry and out of proportion. I will say that the characters are well done, and for the first time, the closeup of the bay horse, a couple of scenes in, is perfect. I've owned horses for years (rip my beloved Mariah ) and everytime I see a horse closeup in one of these games, they are always out of proportion and awkward looking, and they never seem to get their movement animations right, so I'm impressed!

Before the demo's end, you will be joined by a Druid as a helper. I'm okay with this particular helper, because it's a logical fit, and he doesn't fidget, moan or grunt, like some helpers do to annoy you. In this Collector's Edition version, there are hidden Heart's, Morphing Objects, and Beastiary Figurine Statues to collect, as well as the usual CE bling of wallpapers, concept art, achievements, strategy guide and bonus chapter.

Lazy Turtle Games Available:
Darkheart: Flight of the Harpies, The Far Kingdoms, Santa's Workshop Mosaics, Mystery Expedition: Prisoner of Ice, Artifacts of Eternity, Dark Chronicles, The Count of Monte Cristo & The Return of Monte Cristo, Eternity, Mystery Chronicles: Betrayals of Love & Murder Among Friends, Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Mar 27, 18 12:29 PM
I thought this game was slow going. I almost thought it was just Hidden Objects but as I progressed, I had four puzzles. I counted five Hops and didn't include the 4 things hops. One hop is in a woman's closet and I love shoes, dresses and hats.

The puzzles were extremely relaxed, so much that I don't think they are challenging for some people, but challenging enough for this adult. I like relaxed puzzles. I liked the creatures and the woodlands. The druid is your helper and is kept by the hints. I didn't mind him.

Even opening the game didn't list the maker.

It has five chapters + Bonus. It's a little blurry in between scenes.

I collected hearts, morphs and Bestiary (creatures). I bought it with this sale. Big Fish has so many Great and Fun Games and that's why I'm here to Enjoy and Buy.

Edited on 03/27/2018 at 1:46:27 PM PST

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Mar 27, 18 12:40 PM
Started the Demo, and really didn't like this game. I quit after a few minutes and started a review, but I decided to play the full demo just to give it a chance.

Unfortunately I still don't like the game. It's exactly like every other game of this type. Graphics weren't that great, pretty backgrounds, but moving people, hooded people, demons, hooded demons any thing that talked and walked just seemed a little stilted to me. Just another cookie cutter game that is silly and unbelievable.

I did like picking up the little wizard and making him fly around the screen, but I didn't find out the real purpose of picking him up until I accidently dropped him... After that it totally lost its appeal. (Note: The little wizard doesn't really fly, I was just swinging him around on the screen making wizard noises)

So no challenge, no fun, no buy!

Abs

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Mar 27, 18 1:53 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention that they have what I've been asking for and that's the placement of hops in the guide. Some of the older games from 2012 or older use to have them listed in the guide. I'm so happy that they put them in this game.

cathybobcat
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by cathybobcat on Mar 27, 18 2:21 PM
Not much of a demo. Other than the graphics being attractive and colorful, there is nothing really worth saying about it. It is a Saturday morning cartoon special. Completely ridiculous. Instead of having an animal helper you have a Druid helper....how nice. This is a juvenile game to say the least.

The worst part of this is that unless you like a BC, there is absolutely nothing that warrants this to be CE worthy. If I hadn't read what the collectibles were in another post I would not have known because the instructions were so lacking in the demo about it. So you have a few hearts to collect, that you do absolutely nothing with. I totally lost interest in even looking for them. There were some morphs that I saw, but no beasts that I could find...got tired of clicking on everything that looked like one and wasn't. I couldn't even find the SG. In your Extras(?) you have a Beastiary area...there are not many to collect, I don't think. There are achievements and the usual wallpapers, concept art....that's it, folks. No replay of any hos or puzzles. What is the point? There is nothing offered here. This was poorly put together and very lacking...and a waste of money for a CE.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Mar 31, 18 4:30 PM
A little short for my taste, and slow in spots, but fun (Except for the arcade games)
Not sorry I bought it.
Still haven't figured out what is causing the spate of moderator deletions, but who cares. If they want to censor, they can. Who cares

hidnseekr
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by hidnseekr on Mar 31, 18 9:16 PM
old_man_river

I do care about all the censors. If people are trying to sell things or using foul language, I can understand but several regulars on the forums have been censored lately. That DOES kind of bother me. I have never seen so much of it!

Go to: