letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

where's bakersfield?.....

[Post New]by letsdoit on Jul 14, 10 6:45 PM
tried the trail and this is adorable....a change from my fav ole HOG....need to have a chance for a 'hurry up' mode....i finally figured out when the movie star showed up to delay checkin on what to order....all in all no tech problems....fun game...who would know where bakersfield is?

Re:where's bakersfield?.....

[Post New]by whitepriestess on Jul 14, 10 6:48 PM
lol Bakersfield is where the game takes place and all the shops are.

Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on Jul 14, 10 6:52 PM
I was wondering if it was supposed to represent the Southern California city of Bakersfield?

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Jul 15, 10 6:17 AM
well i was just checkin' to see if anyone would know where the city is....born and raised in bakersfield and moved many times, most foreigners have no clue...kind of odd to see a game with other than cities in foreign lands....go fishin' cuz we all here do it a lot in real life...lol

emi1y
Clownfish
Clownfish
519 Posts

[Post New]by emi1y on Jul 15, 10 5:27 PM
Isn't Bakersfield Central California, not Southern? Driven through Bakersfield many times on the way to Lake Tahoe. No offense but Bakersfield is the kind of city you want to drive through and never, ever stop. lol

hbgroadends
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by hbgroadends on Jul 15, 10 5:44 PM
Bakersfield native here. It is located in the southern San Joaquin valley in California, about 70 north of Los Angeles. We are considered part of southern CA even though we are divided by the rest of southern CA by the mountains.

emi1y, I've lived here all of my life, and I want to drive through it!

Actually, it's not too bad considering the cost of living here is better than most other places in CA, and although there is not much to do in Bako itself, we are a short drive from everything--1 hour to the mountains, 2 hours to the ocean, 2 hours to LA. So it is a great place to live if you want to be centrally located to everything.

[Post New]by Fifi_Fluff on Aug 10, 10 12:34 PM
Surely it's called Bakersfield because Jill is a Baker - don't think it is meant to represent any REAL place! Maybe they shoulda called it Cakeville (or is there one of those in the U.S. too? )

zuix
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by zuix on Aug 15, 14 9:57 PM
I'm a former Bakersfield resident (CA native) as well, and I always considered it as the southernmost SJ Valley town, NOT part of So. Calif.

It's a great place to raise children as well as all the nearby attractions already mentioned.

Shirley Meadows skiing for the win!

[Post New]by monkeyfries on Oct 9, 14 10:37 PM
i think Bakersfield is in CA cause in Cake Mania 2 the world map shows Japan at the top (u can tell because of the shape of the building) and we know like New York doesn't face Japan so it must be California sense it doesn't show Hawii anywhere

Go to: