[Post New]by nanafraser on Mar 27, 18 6:14 AM
The only way I know how to report them!

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

BF The Ad Leaches Are Back

[Post New]by MissAbby on Mar 27, 18 7:49 AM
nanafraser wrote:The only way I know how to report them!

Click on the RED Exclamation Point ! in the upper right corner of each one!

Just the same as if you were reporting a member's offensive post!

I think, I'm not sure if it's the same now days, but it used to be that the more people Clicked on the RED Exclamation Point ! as soon as you see the spam, it sends like an "urgent alert" or some such thing to the Mods and they check in quickly and delete them.

If you have noticed, these spam ads appear in the mornings, and after they are deleted a few time the spammers know the Mods are aware of them and they stop for the day.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

Re:BF The Ad Leaches Are Back

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 27, 18 8:42 AM
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your continued patience as our Moderator team works to combat the issue of spam on our forums. We apologize for the delay between the appearance of these posts and when they are removed; due to the time they are made, Moderators are not immediately available to delete them. We will do so, however, as soon as we're in the office. We truly appreciate our players' patience and understanding with this situation.

For more information about this ongoing issue, please visit the following link:

An important announcement regarding spam posts - May 24, 2017

As MissAbby mentioned, using the triangular button with the red exclamation mark helps by sending an alert to our Moderators that a thread or post needs our attention. If multiple players click that button, it also removes the post so it can no longer be seen until our Moderator team is available to handle the situation.

Another method players can use is PMing one of our Moderators to let them know about a post if it seems we have missed it. In case it helps with the decision on which Moderator to send that PM to, please note that I'm usually the first one in the office, so I'm able on my workdays to get the issue handled as quickly as possible.

We do ask that our players not reply to or comment on posts that break the Forum Rules, so I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread. In case it helps, here is the relevant rule for this situation:

Do not respond to or comment on posts or discussions that break the rules. Report the post or discussion to a moderator. Contributing, even to mention that something breaks the rules, keeps that discussion visible and aggravates the problem.

Please let one of our Moderators know if there are additional questions or concerns on this subject. We're always happy to listen and offer any answers that we can. Thank you, everyone, for your time, and have a wonderful day.

bfgArinelle

Go to: