LanaPook
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

Breeding fish

[Post New]by LanaPook on Mar 27, 18 8:40 AM
Should I leave pregnant fish in breeding tank or return them to the common tank? I had several pregnant females but don't think they had babies in common tank? It is so slow doing one at a time in breeding tank.

Trixietrx
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

Re:Breeding fish

[Post New]by Trixietrx on Mar 27, 18 9:23 AM
I put mine back in the tank and make sure there's space for the babies. It says how pregnant they are, but I haven't looked to see if it's a countdown or what, I haven't figured out how time works in the game yet.

Signe28
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by Signe28 on Mar 27, 18 3:19 PM
I do not leave the fish in the breeding tank past breeding them...this prevents you from breeding other fish during the same time period. If you click on a fish the game will tell you if it is pregnant and how long till it gives birth...it looks like 24 minutes (approx.) is the birth cycle

Jake1999
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Jake1999 on Apr 2, 18 10:39 AM
Always put the fish back in the regular tank. For instance, if I have at least 7 Magic Fish of Nutrition, I will breed them all. A little while later, I'll have a whole tank (21) of these fish. When they mature, I'll sell 14 of them and start all over again. By charging $70 per fish, I gain $980.

[Post New]by GrandmaSloan on Apr 5, 18 12:19 PM
Jake1999 wrote:Always put the fish back in the regular tank. For instance, if I have at least 7 Magic Fish of Nutrition, I will breed them all. A little while later, I'll have a whole tank (21) of these fish. When they mature, I'll sell 14 of them and start all over again. By charging $70 per fish, I gain $980.

Thank you for the idea Jake1999! I started to do the same thing and am now, finally, making money for upgrades and new fish for my extra tanks!

lil_chickadee
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by lil_chickadee on Apr 7, 18 11:38 PM
If you leave the fish in the breeding tank, not only can you not breed any other fish (except with the one that is in there), that fish will not give birth until it is in the large tank. Have accidentally done that a few times.

[Post New]by erinenelson on Apr 8, 18 7:05 PM
Jake1999 wrote:Always put the fish back in the regular tank. For instance, if I have at least 7 Magic Fish of Nutrition, I will breed them all. A little while later, I'll have a whole tank (21) of these fish. When they mature, I'll sell 14 of them and start all over again. By charging $70 per fish, I gain $980.

Did you get 7 Magic Fish of Nutrition just through buying common eggs and getting lucky enough to hatch those? I only have 1 so far...

Go to: