True friends?

Love_rnr
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

True friends?

[Post New]by Love_rnr on Mar 27, 18 6:39 PM
I know we went thru this during the Christmas event where friends would keep their main room, spring room or original Christmas room open instead of the new Christmas room where there were 3 HOS to play. There was much debate about that, with little understanding as to why.

Now, we have a new Spring room and I still have high level friends that only have their main room or Christmas room open and I have to wonder why they feel the need to deny friends the opportunity to access their spring room!?

They are playing my Spring room because I see their high score and their new pets and new avatars. I feel conflicted with this because it seems totally selfish. I guess I’m blowing off steam because I just can’t understand it. Some will say they are working toward an achievement, but believe me, they have all the high value accessories the room has to offer.

I like this game and enjoy having TRUE friends.

Sorry, just had to vent.

Paula

Re:True friends?

[Post New]by Amethyst2066 on Mar 27, 18 7:02 PM
Hi Paula

You aren’t alone in this. I too don’t get it and feel that they are being selfish.
If they are going to play, then they should reciprocate in kind.

Wildfrog
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Wildfrog on Mar 27, 18 7:36 PM
what is a spring room?

Giliraz
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Giliraz on Mar 27, 18 9:05 PM
Amethyst2066 wrote:Hi Paula

You aren’t alone in this. I too don’t get it and feel that they are being selfish.
If they are going to play, then they should reciprocate in kind.

selfish indid... so, I think they are not true friend and I remove them ...

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Mar 27, 18 9:06 PM
Wildfrog wrote:what is a spring room?
When you go into your Private Room, you will see an icon on the lower left side that looks like a picture in a frame....

When you click on it, there are 5 rooms from which to choose for you to display as your current private room ......there are 2 Christmas Rooms; 2 Spring Rooms; and 1 original room....they are all labeled when you open them.

If you have not already done so, you must use 1 golden key to unlock the room (Golden Keys come from Trina's quests).

If you need additional info, please read the section about Trina and the Private Room on page 2 of the NEW Strategy Guide. (It is on the Helpful Links for Midnight Castle on the first page of the forum)

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Mar 27, 18 10:44 PM
Paula, remember last year we had that glitch where when other people visit your room, they would see a room other than the one you have chosen? The only way to fix it was for you to change to a different room, then change back to the one you want.
It seems like it is happening again.

The worst part is you have no idea your room is not appearing correctly unless someone sees it & tells you. AND you have to know what to do to fix it.

It's very possible those people all have their new Spring rooms open & are able to play their own HOS, so have no idea you can't.

HennyMarie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,417 Posts

[Post New]by HennyMarie on Mar 28, 18 1:07 AM
Desertdruid I am sure changing to new room is enough a change to fix that old problem.

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Mar 28, 18 4:30 PM
VENTING IS GOOD, MAKES YOU FEEL BETTER.

I HAVE A FEW FRIENDS ON BREAK THAT STILL HAVE OTHER ROOMS UP.

SOME OF MY FRIENDS MAY NOT BE PLAYING ANY LONGER. I KEEP THEM HOPING THEY HAVE A CHANGE OF HEART.

I WAS FORCED TO STOP PLAYING IN DEC. TORE TENDONS IN MY RIGHT SHOULDER. NOW I HAVE TO TAKE IT EASY OR I WILL HAVE TROUBLE AGAIN. IT IS STILL NOT BACK TO NORMAL. 98% OF MY FRIENDS ARE STILL WITH ME. SO I COUNT MYSELF VERY LUCKY. MOST OF US HAVE BEEN TOGETHER SINCE THE BEGINNING OF MC.

THEY HAVE STUCK WITH ME THROUGH ALL THE TROUBLES I HAVE HAD. SO I CONSIDER THEM TO BE TRUE FRIENDS.

Loopy_karen
Guppy
Guppy
170 Posts

[Post New]by Loopy_karen on Mar 28, 18 6:05 PM
Does it really matter in which way we all play I still have players on
my friends list who have Christmas rooms it dosnt bother me as I know every player
plays different we all have different reasons some may be on a break to & some players might do it for different reasons when I first started I only had 2 friends but if u think of it this way on every game I have played solo I have always finished it without any help at all well apart from screaming a lot at the screen!

[Post New]by Heavy_Apple on Mar 28, 18 6:07 PM
Hi Love ?- I’m still working toward the Spring Hunt accomplishment, and from what I’ve read and surmised, Spring Room 1 only counts toward that (the SR 2 doesn’t seem to.) I’ve been switching my rooms twice a day, as someone else suggested, so that my friends can still access SR 1. But maybe I misunderstood?

(This Forum has taught me so much. Many belated thanks for the Castle Wisdom I’ve read here over the past 1+ years I’ve been playing!)

[Post New]by Heavy_Apple on Mar 28, 18 6:10 PM
Sorry, I’m still figuring out how to post here. The “?” Was supposed to be a smiley face.

- Nikki567

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Mar 28, 18 6:41 PM
Heavy_Apple wrote:Hi Love ?- I’m still working toward the Spring Hunt accomplishment, and from what I’ve read and surmised, Spring Room 1 only counts toward that (the SR 2 doesn’t seem to.) I’ve been switching my rooms twice a day, as someone else suggested, so that my friends can still access SR 1. But maybe I misunderstood?

(This Forum has taught me so much. Many belated thanks for the Castle Wisdom I’ve read here over the past 1+ years I’ve been playing!)

When the event started it was true that Spring Room 1 only counted toward the Spring Hunt achievement. Then the dev's fixed it and now all HOS's in both Spring Room 1 and 2 will count. That was the automatic mini-download we recently had.

That said; Spring Room 1 is the only place to get some of the Spring Pet parts. A good reason that some players still need access to that room.

For me. I need shards. Spring Room 1 gives out more items that can be disenchanted for 3 shards. Whereas room 2 is mostly coins, carrots, and maybe a shard with the occasional 3 shard value item. I would rather play Room 1 when available as I don't need all the extra coins from Room 2.

Most of the other players on this forum want all the coins and would rather have access to Room 2. We are all different and play differently.

As far as the smiley face you wanted. When you are typing a post, there will be some editing features above the body of the text. There is an icon of a smiley face. If you click on it then select and emoticon you want it will be placed in the text where ever your curser is.

. These are simply selected from the list of emoticons

If you know the symbol combinations you can type them too...

This is just from typing a colon and right parenthesis
This is just typing a colon and capital D.

[Post New]by Heavy_Apple on Mar 28, 18 7:19 PM
Silver_hawk!! So great to see you here! You are always so helpful to folks. Thank you for explaining the two-room situation; then, I think I’ll continue with switching the rooms each day.

I see the icons above so I’ll try it out: I appreciate the formatting tip.

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Mar 28, 18 7:55 PM
silver_hawk wrote:
Heavy_Apple wrote:Hi Love ?- I’m still working toward the Spring Hunt accomplishment, and from what I’ve read and surmised, Spring Room 1 only counts toward that (the SR 2 doesn’t seem to.) I’ve been switching my rooms twice a day, as someone else suggested, so that my friends can still access SR 1. But maybe I misunderstood?

When the event started it was true that Spring Room 1 only counted toward the Spring Hunt achievement. Then the dev's fixed it and now all HOS's in both Spring Room 1 and 2 will count. That was the automatic mini-download we recently had.

That said; Spring Room 1 is the only place to get some of the Spring Pet parts. A good reason that some players still need access to that room.

For me. I need shards. Spring Room 1 gives out more items that can be disenchanted for 3 shards. Whereas room 2 is mostly coins, carrots, and maybe a shard with the occasional 3 shard value item. I would rather play Room 1 when available as I don't need all the extra coins from Room 2.

Most of the other players on this forum want all the coins and would rather have access to Room 2. We are all different and play differently.

As far as the smiley face you wanted. When you are typing a post, there will be some editing features above the body of the text. There is an icon of a smiley face. If you click on it then select and emoticon you want it will be placed in the text where ever your curser is.

. These are simply selected from the list of emoticons

If you know the symbol combinations you can type them too...

This is just from typing a colon and right parenthesis
This is just typing a colon and capital D.

Saw this yesterday:

Re imple Fix for Spring Room Problem

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Mar 27, 18 9:26 AM
G'day,

After speaking with the Midnight Castle team I have been able to confirm that adjustments were made to remove coins and shards from Spring Room 2

Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Mar 28, 18 8:17 PM
That's awesome! Thank you, Gohill!! I had not seen that post so very good to know.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Mar 28, 18 8:26 PM
Thanks Gohill. I wasn't aware of the change. I've been trying to get 3 shard value items (for Trina.). I was sticking to SR1 and morphs after getting the new pet parts because in the SR2 rooms I was getting more carrots, coins, shards than anything else.

Since I saw your post here I just played 10 rooms in SR2 and lo and behold no shards or extra coins

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Mar 28, 18 8:39 PM
I don't have a lot of time these days, so I rarely get on here... I sent that quick blip to let you, and any one else who hadn't caught that announcement, reassurance that the coins and shards are suppose to be gone from the Spring room 2 HO's...

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Mar 28, 18 9:06 PM
gohill wrote:I don't have a lot of time these days, so I rarely get on here... I sent that quick blip to let you, and any one else who hadn't caught that announcement, reassurance that the coins and shards are suppose to be gone from the Spring room 2 HO's...

I don't think they're gone. They've just been moved to the HOS in the castle and the murderer's eyes, forged keys, torches, etc have been kidnapped and are being held for ransom in some undetermined location.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Mar 28, 18 9:20 PM
TiramaSue wrote:
gohill wrote:I don't have a lot of time these days, so I rarely get on here... I sent that quick blip to let you, and any one else who hadn't caught that announcement, reassurance that the coins and shards are suppose to be gone from the Spring room 2 HO's...

I don't think they're gone. They've just been moved to the HOS in the castle and the murderer's eyes, forged keys, torches, etc have been kidnapped and are being held for ransom in some undetermined location.

Seems that way in my game also. Perhaps they don't want us getting any in stock for working on the Gnome DQ's when they return.

Angelfish
Angelfish
1,060 Posts

[Post New]by 1457051 on Mar 28, 18 10:17 PM
After speaking with the Midnight Castle team I have been able to confirm that adjustments were made to remove coins and shards from Spring Room 2

Ok.. now that I have recovered from my slight heart attack.. I understand now.
It's not removed.. ( thought I was losing my 250 coins!) Just that they are not the main win.. phew!!!!
I guess I had a blonde moment.

I am getting lots of shards from the butterflys

Go to: