bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to The Great Gatsby forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 15, 10 12:05 AM
Welcome to The Great Gatsby forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other The Great Gatsby players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

sheilaclown
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

Re:Welcome to The Great Gatsby forum

[Post New]by sheilaclown on Jul 15, 10 4:55 AM
Oh dear me !!! I thought I might like this BUT what a whole lot of annoying features; the music, the voices, the tiny objects, lots and lots of little "extras" - just too busy. Definitely NOT for me, thanks.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Jul 15, 10 5:05 AM
I'm really enjoying this game.Makes such a refreshing change from junkpile HOGs. I saw the film many years ago, and really enjoyed it. I live in the UK, this film is a classic here too and I think they've done a great job on following the original story.
I love gruesome, dark, spooky iHOGS but this kind makes a refreshing change to those.
The hour flew by, and on buying it am looking forwards to playing it to the end.

besstan
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by besstan on Jul 15, 10 8:58 AM
i play games are good games going to try this
yes objects hard to find but the same in the agatha christi games they are good might buy this one love besstan

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Jul 15, 10 1:20 PM
Brilliant game - a terrific treat from the usual standard fare i-hogs:
* guaranteed intriguing story based on the literary classic (true to original text), professional voice acting & lovely period-accurate art rendering with bright cheerful colours
* good selection of relevant mini-games/tasks, some unique & tricky
* love the object finds to do during narrative scenes + the # of trophies to be won, combined with the library decoration, gives fantastic value-added for competitive players
* hog scenes offer a perfect balance of easy to more challenging
* the word quest each scene = another fun gimmick
* excellent hint system & puzzles/mini-tasks skippable
* very good length + on replay the search items change
* all in all, super entertainment
More like this, please: thank you I-play & BFG !

Edited on 07/15/2010 at 10:16:25 PM PST

lottelein
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by lottelein on Jul 16, 10 1:16 AM
Well, I loved, loved, loved this game! (Full disclosure: I'm a literature professor.) As for the music, I guess to each her own, but I found it to be perfect accompaniment; in fact, the music score is one of the most important aspects of a game for me. I have seen better graphics, but in general I found the game to be great fun and a lovely way to step back into the world of Fitzgerald's great novel. I also enjoyed decorating my library -- wish my real one looked like that!

b00kworm
Clownfish
Clownfish
912 Posts

[Post New]by b00kworm on Jul 16, 10 2:26 AM
I haven't read the book before, so I can't compare, but from what I read in the forums, it seems to be close to the novel - which is good. I really loved the game, especially decorating the library and guessing the secret word in every HOG scene. It even made me consider reading the novel some time.

[Post New]by heatherington on Jul 17, 10 7:28 PM
This was not a "tomorrows game today" so I somehow missed it and its much better than that vampire game they had this morning. My sister will love it because you have to find books and letters as well as the listed objects. I don't care much for their side conversations, but this is definite buy.

banor
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by banor on Jul 21, 10 10:28 AM
Just finished this game and I thought it was terrific. I liked the story (I am sure I read it a million years ago) and I thought the graphics were outstanding. Finding the objects as the car traveled was a little challenging for me - I am arcade inept. I think this will go down as one of my favorites

[Post New]by wildshoes on Aug 5, 10 6:25 AM

I really loved this game. I have played it three times now and the items are in defferent places or randomised. I did not want the game to end. I like the voices, they were quiet and refined, not the usual shouty, loud, gung-hoe type voices usually used in games that make you feel patronised.

I love this story anyway, and I was quite emotional at the end - never happened before on a game!!

The music was appropriate - although the background crowd noise was always the same - you could recognise one particular voice over and over in different scenes.

My favourite game, more please like this - I'll buy every one.

Lovely.

Edited on 08/05/2010 at 6:27:06 AM PST

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Aug 5, 10 9:18 AM
Loved it. Reread the book and will probably replay for the third time. Attention to detail was superb.

[Post New]by annadedo on Sep 5, 10 4:16 PM
vicalana wrote:Loved it. Reread the book and will probably replay for the third time. Att[b]ention to detail was superb.
could someone help me in the driving sene looking for the hotdog please.annadedo

[Post New]by portia8 on Apr 7, 13 11:49 PM
Hi, tried this game demo & really like it! Before I buy it, can someone tell me if the length of the whole game is reasonable? Just that the book is quite slim, & I don't want to buy if the demo covers too much of it. Ta.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Apr 8, 13 12:06 AM
Excellent length and replay value - well worth it. Enjoy!

Go to: