bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Golden Trails: The New Western Rush forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 15, 10 12:05 AM
Welcome to Golden Trails: The New Western Rush forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Golden Trails: The New Western Rush players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

padres
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

Re:Welcome to Golden Trails: The New Western Rush forum

[Post New]by padres on Jul 15, 10 11:29 AM
Enjoyable but not compelling. nothing particularly wrong with the game and has some original minigames. But doesn't really grab me and make me want to keep playing. Not sure if I'll buy it.

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Jul 15, 10 7:29 PM
Boring game. I really hate these games from Big Fish which only require you to find hidden objects. Like Secrets of the Dragon Wheel so much better. Well, just played 10 minutes and thought I was going to go to sleep. End of this game. Even the love interest can't keep me interested.

annbenn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by annbenn on Jul 17, 10 11:23 AM
I am really stuck I am at the trading post and saloon and need scissors to cut a pillow but don't have them and don't know where to find them. Perhaps I missed them in an earlier area but do not know how to go back. Can anyone help me?

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Jul 18, 10 2:59 PM
Same problem here. Scissors found in front o saloon not placed into inventory.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Jul 18, 10 3:10 PM
I don't think you missed anything. Seems to be a glitch in the program. I'm stuck in the same place. There are scissors found in front of the saloon, but don't get taken to inventory. I think that these are the ones needed. I cannot continue in the game.

[Post New]by PrincessPepper on Jul 18, 10 9:24 PM
This sissors are located in the forge. I went back in and clicked around and the forge came up as a search location and the sissors were there, then you can go back to the saloon. It's kind-of a brain-less game, but at this time of day, that's all I want!

[Post New]by SharSF on Jul 19, 10 5:08 PM
I thought this was a fun game. For the HOG part, I find there is a sliding scale from quality of graphics (also depends on the computer/monitor being used) to just how well "hidden" the objects are. This one had a few hard ones to find, but I felt compelled to go through without hints just to get one of those darn trophys. The story line got a bit confusing and I'm not sure I'm totally satisfied as to the outcome, but really....games at this level are not really about great plots - they just need enough to keep you moving to the next screen. The minigames were fine and a bit different. I'll only say that some games that require quick responses (as in shooting the badguys) aren't as favorable for touchpad. I like to curl up on the couch with my laptop propped against my knees or on a pillow ... and I'm not using a mouse at that point. Besides the game itself, for those looking for more bang for the buck, there's lots of extras including unlocking the "secret" challenge and other bonus challenges for more searches that were not part of the overall game.

frannycats
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by frannycats on Jul 19, 10 6:22 PM
I actually enjoyed this game and found myself not wanting it to end so soon. It was fun building up my hints by shooting the bad guys as they popped up. I liked the music, the characters had "character," and the story line held my interest.

I hope there will be a sequel to this game. I've only found one out of five of the last games introduced to be worth my time playing, and this one was a definite "yes."

[Post New]by DABDABDAB on Jul 20, 10 3:40 PM
Have down loaded this game 6 times but cant play something not right somewhere can any one help

[Post New]by rucov37 on Jul 20, 10 9:34 PM
About Golden trails. I started from the first of the game under a new name and the scissors showed up.

Edited on 07/20/2010 at 9:35:43 PM PST

[Post New]by howllr on Jul 23, 10 10:11 AM
I am in the Saloon and found everything but it won't continue. I press on the yellow to go tothe Boudeaur but then it says i need a tool to continue, so i go back to saloon but no tool. Any suggestions or do i have to start over again?

duckylee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by duckylee on Jul 28, 10 1:05 PM
I thought the game was okay ,but for a large file game i thought it was really a short play i finished in under 4 hours that was very disappointing but having said that its been awhile since i have played hogs

Edited on 07/28/2010 at 1:06:02 PM PST

usignuolo
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by usignuolo on Aug 1, 10 2:35 PM
Game won't completely uninstall. Got error message saying it had left components on my PC. But cannot remove with BFG Uninstall or Windows Add/Remove function because program name is no longer shown. Anyone know what files it may have left on my PC so I can go in and delete them. I don't want stray bits of software clogging up my HD especially as it is a very large game.

[Post New]by BrazosRose on Aug 3, 10 11:50 AM
I Think Big fish gave me the wrong game key for this game. I bought it this morning downloaded it and tried over and over to put in my name and game key and it keeps coming up with this error message. Invalid license.....please check your information.
This is my first mac download from Big Fish and I am so disappointed. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 4 times to no avail. Typed info in then also copied and pasted the info in straight off the email from Big Fish.

I have sent them an email but have not received an answer yet.

Any help or information will be appreciated.
Thank you,

BrazosRose

Welcome to Golden Trails: The New Western Rush forum

[Post New]by Tria4564 on Aug 5, 10 8:03 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Golden Trails: The New Western Rush forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Golden Trails: The New Western Rush players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

[Post New]by JPDESG2764 on Aug 7, 10 3:43 PM
How do I find the bug in the Indian chief's tent

[Post New]by gggina613 on Aug 10, 10 10:16 PM
I have played this whole game including the secret mission, but when I play unlimited mode there are a bunch of screens at the end that say they have to be unlocked in the game mode, does anyone know how to do this?

[Post New]by duganman on Aug 22, 10 9:29 AM
(Computer #1) I use Mac computers. I loaded Golden Trails on my I-mac (two years old) and it works fine, as does another big fish game.

(Computer #2) When I attempt to load on to my mac laptop the first screen opens and I get a 6 page error message. The other game mentioned above does load and work. The report shows the version as:????? Clue or not?

I loaded the software from the internet and from a usb stick into both computers and the results are the same. Today, I went to the Apple site and down loaded a "demo" trial version and received the same error message after the first page of the game opened

However, the difference between the computers are Computer #2 has the new i5 Intel processor. Could this be the issue? In all cases I get sound.

Does Big Fish or some game expert have an answer or ideas? Thanks to all who read and reply.

[Post New]by ConnieWatson on Aug 23, 10 7:59 PM
gggina613 wrote:I have played this whole game including the secret mission, but when I play unlimited mode there are a bunch of screens at the end that say they have to be unlocked in the game mode, does anyone know how to do this?

Yes, if you look on the main menu page in the upper left corner in a link to EXTRAS.
There are more scenes to play there and other fun things to do.

Go to: