bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any The Great Gatsby technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 15, 10 12:25 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

Re:Post any The Great Gatsby technical issues here only

[Post New]by MURPHY on Jul 15, 10 1:18 PM
When I try to download the demo it sticks on "waiting" about 3/4 of the way through the download...........anyone else have this problem?

ETS: After it sticks for awhile it then freezes and won't go any further. I've never had this problem with a game before.

Edited on 07/15/2010 at 1:26:40 PM PST

lucyloket
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by lucyloket on Jul 15, 10 2:41 PM
The game loads and plays fine - except - the cursor flashes constantly!
It's very distracting and is hard on my old eyes - not had this issue before.
There's no option to turn off custom cursor that I can see so don't know what to do - any ideas?

Thanks.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Jul 16, 10 12:08 PM
My computer meets and exceeds the requirements listed for this game but the game program states I have "low performance" and automatically turned off "visual effects" - also I have no sound when the game plays.

I have had no similar issues with other games.
I wanted to buy based on all the good reviews but I had to delete it.

Post Script: Sorry about that: I just discovered that my speakers were unplugged.

Edited on 07/16/2010 at 12:35:39 PM PST

kimberelf
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by kimberelf on Jul 16, 10 7:22 PM
Cannot get the facebook option to work, please assist.

[Post New]by katlin721 on Jul 17, 10 11:49 AM
In one of the scenes the item "Cigar Box" was misspelled. It was spelled "Sigar Box".

Mopface
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by Mopface on Jul 19, 10 4:07 AM
Hello Fishies!
This is my first post though I've been buying & lurking since 2006.
Regarding the Great Gatsby, I'm having difficulty with the running speed of the game.

I went to the "Help" page & did all the required updates, (actually diagnostic tests, since my computer says everything is fine) and there doesn't seem to be any difference.
The sound is fine but the flow of the game is very stilted. For example, finding an item on the list and selecting it; it does an extreme slow-motion-halo-effect-spreading-out-then- vanishing thing. Sorry, not much a technical term person.
And the driving scenes are (seemingly) unending in length.

I've run much larger BF games without any problems, so I wonder if anyone has any suggestions?

I appreciate your help. Many Thanks!

[Post New]by dramamama61 on Jul 21, 10 8:25 PM
I am having the same issues as Mopface....will uninstall and try again.

kristidumplin
Manatee
Manatee
3,656 Posts

[Post New]by kristidumplin on Jul 23, 10 4:17 PM
My husband can't find his cursor! The game installed perfectly and runs well, but, although items like "play", "options"..that sort of thing light up when he mouses over them, he cannot view the cursor. Any ideas?

Thank you

[Post New]by mellisaw on Aug 25, 10 2:57 PM
The game freezes and will not allow you to click on things and must be restarted to get it to work. I think there is techinacal issues with this game that need to be looked at.

Tarlyna
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

loaded to my game manager as I had used all my minutes

[Post New]by Tarlyna on Sep 8, 10 7:33 PM
I downloaded the "try me" version of the game and was looking forward to trying out the game. When I went to click on it and give it a go.... it loaded into my game manager with the 60 minutes already being used up! So much for trying it out! What should I do?

Laurie

[Post New]by chicken_good on Nov 28, 10 7:47 AM
I have the same problem. The game freezes completely, most of the time when I have found every item in the scene as well as the hidden word, and I have to restart the game to move on. It seems it's the dialogue that's the issue, since turning it off and on again helped once, but for some reason the "level complete" screen just won't show up when I have finished a scene.

This problem didn't arise before my 60 minutes were up and I bought the game. At first it was only once every few levels, but right now it is every level, making it completely impossible for me to play the game. I feel cheated, to be honest.

[Post New]by Ainethil on Aug 14, 11 2:51 PM
I have purchased The Great Gatsby and it played without problem on my first computer (Win7, 1200x800, Dell Studio 1535). I got a new computer with the same OS but different screen resolution (1024x600, Dell Inspiron Mini 1012). When I start up The Great Gatsby on my new computer, the screen goes dark, keeps flashing and nothing else happens. I can only close the game with the Task Manager, upon which I get an "Error: Access Violation" message. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, with the same result. All my other Big Fish games run on this computer without a problem. Any ideas?

rchogan
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by rchogan on Jan 29, 12 11:08 PM
Great game but I can''t save progress if I exit. I go to "main menu," it says progress will be saved, but it isn't. What am I missing?

Edited on 06/04/2012 at 4:57:01 PM PST

rchogan
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by rchogan on Jan 29, 12 11:11 PM
What's happening? I said I could not save progress prior to exiting and asked what I was doing wrong.

Edited on 06/04/2012 at 4:55:48 PM PST

[Post New]by OvrThRainbo on Jun 4, 12 4:54 PM
The first time that I downloaded, installed and activated The Great Gatsby what happened when I clicked play was this:

The screen went black with an odd white border (at the top only?) and a little white circle was whirling around fast in the middle of the screen. [This also happened to another game I downloaded the same day: Zulu's Zoo]. The only thing I can do is to Control Alt Delete to get out and then Restart. I even removed the computer battery for 20 seconds after unplugging the PC from the wall and then rebooted and tried The Great Gatsby again..

As I had to uninstall two other games and the Game manager for a separate reason on the advice of a bfgModerator I uninstalled The Great Gatsby [and Zulu's Zoo].

After reinstalling the Game Manager I've had no problems. So I decided to reinstall The Great Gatsby [and Zulu's Zoo]. After activating and clicking on play The Great Gatsby still gives me a black screen with a whirling white circle going around endlessly.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on? I have no problems with other games. I am given no error messages which would offer a clue.

Thanks in advance for any help!
OvrThRainbo

Go to: