Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Artifact Hunter: The Lost Prophecy here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 28, 18 12:43 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 03/28/2018 at 8:28:03 AM PST

jimeezlady
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Artifact Hunter: The Lost Prophecy here.

[Post New]by jimeezlady on Mar 28, 18 5:27 AM
Seems like a fun match-3 with a relaxed setting (which I prefer) but it loads with a "shadow box" style that is very narrow and wide, making the playing pieces far too small for these old eyes! If anyone finds a setting to make the pieces larger please let me know.
I made it through the first board, but I had to squint and it took ages...

[Post New]by XFreak on Mar 28, 18 6:11 AM
Loved it! Artifact hunter = jewel quest + indiana jones !!

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Please post your REVIEWS for Artifact Hunter: The Lost Prophecy here.

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Mar 28, 18 6:44 AM
I had no problem with the layout, but it's a very ordinary match 3, and I already have a lot of them. The storyline and dialog are amateurish--not quite painful, but not good either. Not a buy for me.

beckx020
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by beckx020 on Mar 28, 18 7:13 AM
I only played the first board. Looks ok. But the colors blend together. Blue, purple, purple. Maybe just too dark for my eyes to see? Otherwise I would have liked to buy it.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 28, 18 8:27 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread for Artifact Hunter: The Lost Prophecy! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on this game here. There are just a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Artifact Hunter: The Lost Prophecy.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators. We'll be happy to assist in any way we can.

bfgArinelle

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Mar 28, 18 2:49 PM
Nice music. The "plot" is reminiscent of the Relic Hunter TV show (with a male version of Sidney Fox).

The blue and purple stones are too similar in color.

I chose "Relaxed" mode, but for some reason I'm being docked stars because I'm not fast enough. That's really annoying, along with being unable to go back and replay levels to improve my score. That's REALLY annoying.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Mar 28, 18 4:33 PM

I was actually looking forward to playing this game because the graphics looked amazing, and it looked like a fun Match 3 game. The first problem I encountered, after downloading the game on my Windows Computer, was with the cursor, or lack thereof! I couldn't access any of the options, I couldn't even click on the play button because my cursor was nowhere to be found. Still, my interest was piqued, so I downloaded it on my Mac, and ta-dah! I had a cursor.

You can play in a Timed, or Relaxed difficulty mode, and you can earn up to 3 Stars per level. The levels are actually challenging, not too difficult, but challenging enough to make it difficult to earn all 3 Stars. This was another issue area for me because there is No option to replay the levels. If you're going to offer a game that allows you to earn stars or points, then you should also allow the player to replay the levels, to try and earn a better score or star rating!

I loved the Ancient Artifact, rune-like gems, but I had difficulty spotting matches at times because some of the gems were too similar, but that could just be a personal issue. The music was weird and made no sense. My journey took me to the Youcan, the Amazon, and Greece, by level 6, and yet the music switched to something I'd expect to be playing in a Chinese restaurant? One minute it has an upbeat tempo, the next seemed more like a guitar riff followed by something you'd expect to hear in a cartoon when someone falls off a cliff. The storyline follows a young Treasure Hunter named Jason, searching for clues about his fathers' disappearance while on an archaeological expedition. Most of the cutscenes are narrated by Jason, who has a soft, soothing voice, but once the game takes you to the level map, a very loud, grating voice screams out "Amazon or Greece" I think I about jumped out of my chair the first time.

The Match 3 game itself, is just an ordinary game, with the same power-ups and features that most of the M3 games by this dev offers. There are 7 different Power-ups available, such as a Hammer, a Lightning Trident or Hand Grenade. and they are recharged by making matches of corresponding elements on the board. After each level, you can purchase 20 different Artifacts, and read about each artifact in your Journal. This is also where you learn about the storyline and the where's and why's, of your next location.  Again, this story part is kind of weird, but I suppose it goes along with the music.

Large matches will earn a power-up on the board, a M5 gives you a Sun explosion, a M6 gives you a horizontal line Lightning explosion, and a M7 gives you a Bomb to destroy several surrounding tiles. There are the usual obstructions, Chains, Double Chains and Crates, and the usual goal of making matches over all yellow cells.

Once I made it to level 6, I noticed that I had no available matches at the top section that was blocked by several Chained gems. I was expecting to be able to make matches below them, to clear a path, but that wasn't the case. As I made matches below the top chained gem section, the cells under them didn't fill in with new tiles, but simply left the cells blank. It was then that I realized I'd probably have to use a power-up to break the chains and allow the tiles to fill in the empty cells. I kept making random matches that did nothing to progress the game, until eventually, there were no more available matches. Surprise! A window popped up to tell me that there weren't any available matches and that I would have to use a power-up tool to continue! I was done at that point if I can't replay the levels, and some levels force you to use a power-up, nope, not for me.

e-FunSoft Games:
Artifact Hunter, The Enthralling Realms, Crime Stories, Bloom!, Fruit Locker, Amanda's Sticker Book, Amanda's Magic Book, The Trials of Olympus, Rat and Louie, The Voice From Heaven, The Chronicles of Noah's Ark, The Enchanting Islands, Alice and the Magic Garden, Wild West Billy, The Chronicles of Jonah and the Whale

RedPoppies
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by RedPoppies on Mar 29, 18 12:43 AM
Where is the custom cursor?????

I get so frustrated at the increasing amount of "new release" games that come out without the option of a custom cursor. People - this isn't 1985!! I don't want to play with the boring white arrow, I get enough of that on the internet! Please, please, please put in a custom cursor option. I would definitely play for more than 2 minutes, and might even buy the game.

Diana_Mc
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Diana_Mc on Mar 29, 18 5:04 AM
It loaded fine on Win 10 for me. However, the tiles as some noted are small, at least on my laptop, and some are hard to differentiate. The cut scenes were just bad.

Again, I am slow too and play on relaxed so I don't get one star... After a couple of rounds, I wasn't having fun. (And WTH was that with rescuing the boy from an invisible crocodile, I guess?)

Rogue son of Indiana Jones does...something.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Mar 29, 18 4:00 PM
I really like the premise of the game. I happen to like storylines, though I know that many players don't. For me, though, a game without a storyline is just boring, especially something like a match 3. So for that, I'll give the game .

The tutorial is not obtrusive. It tells you what things are for, but doesn't force you to use them. That's a big plus for me, as I play without power-ups if at all possible. So, again I'll give it .

I also like the graphics, voice acting, overall game layout, and music (which can be turned down), so for visuals/sound.

Now for the sad part: general gameplay. There are three BIG minuses here. First, if you get stuck on a level, the game tells you to use a power-up to get past it. As I already said, I don't like to use power-ups, so that's a huge minus for me. On the plus side, you can go to the menu and choose to restart the level as many times as you like. So, I was able to eventually get past levels where I was stuck without using power-ups, but I had to restart many times to get a "playable" level for my tastes. I also haven't finished the game, so there may be levels where I'll have no choice but to either use a power-up or quit playing the game altogether.

Second, the game gives you stars for each level, with the max being three stars. The game also offers a relaxed mode, but as others have mentioned, it still penalizes you by deducting stars for not finishing quickly enough. That is just plain not fair. For whatever reason - medical conditions, age, poor eyesight, or simply not liking being stressed with a time limit - people may not want to play a game timed and to deduct from the score for choosing to play untimed is basically telling the player that they just aren't good enough to play this game. That's a really poor way to build a loyal customer base.

Third, assuming that the player cares if they get three stars, there is no option to replay a level if you got fewer than three. You can only restart a level while still playing it, but not once you finish it and see your score. Perhaps you can go back to replay levels once you complete the game, but no one has posted that, so I have to go by the assumption that you can't. For those three points, gameplay gets .

Overall, I'll give the game , but I don't recommend it to anyone who cares about getting three stars on every level or who likes to set their own goals.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Apr 1, 18 9:29 PM
burf90 wrote:
Now for the sad part: general gameplay. There are three BIG minuses here. First, if you get stuck on a level, the game tells you to use a power-up to get past it. As I already said, I don't like to use power-ups, so that's a huge minus for me. On the plus side, you can go to the menu and choose to restart the level as many times as you like. So, I was able to eventually get past levels where I was stuck without using power-ups, but I had to restart many times to get a "playable" level for my tastes. I also haven't finished the game, so there may be levels where I'll have no choice but to either use a power-up or quit playing the game altogether.

Just a quick addition: I have played for quite a while now and have found several levels where you have absolutely no choice but to use power-ups to complete those levels.

Go to: