Recar
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

The Fifth Gate vs Magic Farm

[Post New]by Recar on Jul 15, 10 3:33 AM
Magic Farm: http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/2945/magic-farm/index.html
The games are similar in some way and very different in another.
I'm sure many of you played both games.
Can you choose your own cons and pros for each game?

Edited on 07/15/2010 at 3:35:42 AM PST

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

Re:The Fifth Gate vs Magic Farm

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Jul 15, 10 4:51 AM
Magic Farm (Ultimate Garden)
Gorgeous graphics
Compelling (though somewhat cheesy) storyline
Large cast of secondary characters with agendas/missions
Easy to learn gameplay
With the exception of 2 boards, you can carry over your earned gold to the next garden.
High replay value
The cons (for me) consist of the lengthy grinding necessary to earn all flowers, utilities and missions per board. This is a labor intensive game not geared for anyone with hand/wrist/arm infirmities. However, this is rectified by the ability to save your game play at any point.
The Fifth Gate
Gorgeous graphics
Subtle yet crafty stratagy
faster gameplay/easier self gratification
High replay value if only to further explore different playing tactics and earn the awards
The cons (for me) are comparitively few. This game stands well in its own right. The story could have been more fleshed out. Morgana might have been a bit more wicked, instead she comes off as emotionally needy. I would have liked to hear more of Eden's thoughts. And more gardens !!!

bethjudy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,207 Posts

[Post New]by bethjudy on Jul 17, 10 7:51 AM
I miss Robin!!!

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

[Post New]by cstdenis on Jul 17, 10 9:02 AM
I think Magic Farm is more rustic and longer (a lot more quests and explanations of what is happening). I also miss Robin. He was the best part of the game!! I also wish Fifth Gate had more upgrades (like for the altar, so you could put three spells on there) and a more interesting story line. It kind of fell flat.
I beta-tested Magic Farms (a long time ago), and it didn't have all the extra details and quests at the end, they listened to feedback and made the English and story better and added the additional quests. I haven't played Magic Farm in a while and am thinking about playing it again after I have played Fifth gate a couple of times now.

[Post New]by mrsnikkihayes on Aug 1, 10 5:53 PM
This is interesting as I'm dying to find another game similar to The Fifth Gate, the best time management game I have played for a long time. The strategy elements really add to the gameplay and there is no need to go for expert if you don't wish to and can take as long as you like (I naturally had to keep trying different strategies until I did get expert for every level, lol!). I've played it through 4 times now and I would be grateful if anyone can suggest any other similar games. I'm going to get the demo of Magic Farm now to try ;o)

Go to: