Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Moonsouls: Echoes of the Past Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 29, 18 12:37 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 03/29/2018 at 9:03:56 AM PST

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Moonsouls: Echoes of the Past Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by MissAbby on Mar 29, 18 1:15 AM
Well now this is much more like it! Thank you Madhead Games!

I hope this is the beginning of something "Old"! In other words this game has a lot of the Old Pizazz we loved and have missed. It's not perfect, but the story line is intriguing, the characters are intelligent and interesting so far, and although there are still more puzzles than I care for, I realized they are many of the type I enjoy playing!

The objects I need to find actually fit in a sensible and logical place for the most part!

I'm going to buy it, and I'm looking forward to playing it! I feel rejuvenated! Please, keep up the good work!

I give this game 4 1/2 stars out of 5!

1/2

Thank You!
Abs

DeadRiver
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
17,688 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Moonsouls: Echoes of the Past Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by DeadRiver on Mar 29, 18 3:24 AM
Not So Good, Not So Bad, Just So-So

Based on the Demo

The characters were very unique. The graphics were bright, clear, and well drawn. The scenes were very well done.
The music was very nicely done. Voice overs were excellent with some of the voices being very unique.
Some of the mini puzzles were pretty challenging. The hidden object scenes included morphing objects, mini-puzzles, and fragmented objects.
There were morphing objects and collectibles in every scene.
I didn't like the story line. It was too discombobulated for me. It was all over the map and I just couldn't enjoy the game, even with all the good things going for it.
It was a no-buy for me.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Mar 29, 18 5:23 AM
@DeadRiver

I think the voice of the character is the same person that did Beyond, and you're right, it is a unique voice.

I, however, found the graphics to be discombobulated, to me, they are flat and lack detail when I think about the future, I envision beautiful, vivid colors, not gold and tan hues.

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Mar 29, 18 5:28 AM
I pretty much agree W/ all the other comments! & so far enjoying the game!
It switches from from a earlier times to scifi future! My kinda game! I also have to add, I love most of "Mad Head" games! & 6 chapters counting bonus one! Yay!!!

Edited on 03/29/2018 at 5:41:50 AM PST

leacraw
Shark
Shark
14,048 Posts

[Post New]by leacraw on Mar 29, 18 6:57 AM
This is a no-buy for me. You cannot fast forward through much of the dialogue or info, I found it tedious.
As always, try for yourself.
Happy gaming!
lea

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Mar 29, 18 7:26 AM
I'm impressed! Mad Head have come up with a very good game; let's just hope it doesn't go downhill after the demo, as is often the case!

I love the graphics; bright and clear and colours exactly what I would expect. Why would they be any different in the future to how they are now? The sky will be the same blue, grass will be the same green etc. etc. I couldn't see how they were confusing (discombobulated).

Great storyline too; spaceship crash lands amongst people who don't understand the technology but have the ability to learn and use it. Very 'Star Trek'! The hero (Harold) seems wise and kind, so presumably that's why he was chosen to receive 'the bracelet'. I won't say any more so as not to spoil it for others.

Mad Head still refuse to let go of those swirls they persist in using as collectibles but have at least added morphs in both the general game play and the HOS. They can be a bit tricky to see but the SG shows where they are; there's also an indicator at the bottom left of the screen which shows if you still have something to find.

I found the puzzles really interesting and fun to work out; the one where you have to recreate the shapes is not as straightforward as it seems! The HOS aren't difficult but I do think MH should offer an alternative. Plain object searches are a bit boring. There were more puzzles than HOS but not excessively so. And no helper, which was a bonus!

Lots of modes of play to choose from; 'custom' is the last option. Extras include replay of HOS, achievements and not much else; disappointingly you can't replay the puzzles. I think there were 5 or 6 chapters but not too sure about that!

It held my interest from start to finish and the demo, which lasted 69 minutes, ended too soon which is always a good sign! It's a buy for me

No technical issues with anything! Desktop running Win7 Prof 64-bit.

[Post New]by lilbeaner on Mar 29, 18 7:28 AM
Does anyone have the coupon code from yest 3/28/18??? I would really like to buy this game!!!

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Mar 29, 18 7:45 AM
and a for good measure!

Kudos to Mad Head Games! They continue to release new series games that are incredible! Nobody else seems to be moving forward, they just keep releasing one game after another, in the same old series that dates back to the beginning of HOPA times, and they are dreadful games at that! So for having an imagination, thank you MHG!

I have grown weary of most HOP's lately because they are no longer hidden objects, they are just objects thrown into a junkpile. I did, however, enjoy the HOP's in Moonsouls! In this CE version, each HOP has a Morphing Object, and this time, I'm okay with it, because they also have Morphing Objects available in each scene location! There are Interactive List items, hidden Symbols within a book, Pair finds that uncover a termite (to use as an inventory item) and my personal favorite, finding sections within the scene that matches Square Swatches. There isn't an alternate puzzle offered, within the demo.

The Mini Games are super fun, although they do tend to be on the easy side of the spectrum. My favorite puzzles were the key puzzles that required replicating the pattern, shown on the clue, but the clue shows the grid in a different orientation!

This Collector's Edition version has 4 Wallpapers, Concept Art pictures, 8 Music Soundtracks, 16 re-playable Hidden Object Puzzles, 11 Achievements to earn (some have 3 categories) 47 Morphing Objects (31 Scene Morphs/16 HOP Morphs) 31 hidden Spirals, 5 Main Chapters + Bonus Chapter sequel and a built in Strategy Guide, enjoy the dark side of the moon!

Mad Head Games Available:
Moonsouls, Nevertales, Wanderlust, Adam Wolfe, Rite of Passage, Dawn of Hope, Cadenza, Shadowplay, Donna Brave, Fright Chasers, Beyond, Maze, Dark Realm, Rocking Pilot, Monster Loop

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Mar 29, 18 8:11 AM
lilbeaner wrote:Does anyone have the coupon code from yest 3/28/18??? I would really like to buy this game!!!

I'm trying to remember it as well, I tried huge, gameclub and spring, but none worked, I'll ask around and let you know, love the name btw

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Mar 29, 18 8:22 AM
I gave 5 stars to Beyond: Light Advent, also by this maker. I Love Sci-Fy. But I was disappointed in this game. I didn't like the texture hops. I didn't mind learning more of the story but I disliked the story hops, it wasn't fun to find icons. I didn't like the puzzles.

I thought the story was ok until the end of the trial.

I was hoping for unique creatures and amazing things but I didn't get that. I liked collecting but Beyond had you find Rockets. You have the swirl. I liked the morphs in the hops and in the scenes. It has a good indicator.

Since it was just the trial it could get better but shouldn't I like the trial to buy?

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 29, 18 9:03 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread for Moonsouls: Echoes of the Past Collector's Edition! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on this game here. There are just a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Moonsouls: Echoes of the Past Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators. We'll be happy to assist in any way we can.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by OregonPandora on Mar 29, 18 10:27 AM
The code was BIG for CE's but I tried it earlier and it does not work today....at least for me..

cathybobcat
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by cathybobcat on Mar 29, 18 10:33 AM
Could not endure the entire demo....made it up to a little past the glowing hand and that was all for me. I'm surprised I lasted that long. Often times you know right away whether you like something or not and I didn't from the beginning of the mundane, boring play, as well as the story. Graphics are a cartoon with never ending juvenile inventory activities to match...finding a piece of cloth, needle and thread, so you can sew...calming a horse with sugar cubes...finding all kinds of parts for a smoker to rid the bees....have to sharpen the hatchet, so you can chop....have to extinguish a fire, but first have to find everything necessary to do it.....constructing a cross bow with arrow...on and on...you've done all this so many times before...even a young person would be unentertained by it. I should have exited this demo while in the hos when I HAD to paint some contraption by paint colors. It was like being in first grade.

As usual, there are more puzzles than hos, which I skipped There is no replay for puzzles (only hos)...another CE withholding for those who enjoy puzzles. It's always something they don't want to give you for your CE price. You have swirls to collect and some morphs (with an indicator by the inventory)...no big deal.

This one belongs in orbit.

[Post New]by marijkee123 on Mar 29, 18 3:37 PM
Hey this is a realy good game for me. Love it. Some do some do not. Please stop telling us that the games are boring. You maybe should find another platform. Big Fish is trying to keep us all satisfied. We are Big Fish aren't we and just try to keep it that way. Love this game

lionscat
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by lionscat on Mar 29, 18 6:33 PM
I'm going to buy this game as soon as there is a BOGO. Only way I'll buy these days. It takes months to find 2 games I like, but I can wait. I can always play my old, fun games.

nextgengranny
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by nextgengranny on Mar 29, 18 7:01 PM
marijkee123 wrote:Hey this is a realy good game for me. Love it. Some do some do not. Please stop telling us that the games are boring. You maybe should find another platform. Big Fish is trying to keep us all satisfied. We are Big Fish aren't we and just try to keep it that way. Love this game

I think it's great that you love this game. Others do not, & their opinions are equally valid, as is their right to tell the devs why they don't like it. Just sayin'.

sha49tn1
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by sha49tn1 on Mar 29, 18 8:07 PM
Actually this game is a bit on the boring side. While the graphics are good, the story was too jumbled up. I don't like the stories to be so disjointed. And, a lot of the new games coming out do that. It takes twice as long to play because by the time you figure out one part, the story switches to something else. The scenes should flow together, not jump you from one place to the next, then jump you back to the first scene you were playing. But, at least this one didn't have demons, or witches, or vampires in it, which is a nice thing. I probably won't buy this one.

sha49tn1
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by sha49tn1 on Mar 29, 18 8:09 PM
Nextgengranny, I agree. Just because I find one game boring, doesn't mean I find them ALL boring. And, if somebody likes the game enough to buy it, go for it. It doesn't bother me at all.

cathybobcat
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by cathybobcat on Mar 29, 18 10:01 PM
nextgengranny wrote:
marijkee123 wrote:Hey this is a realy good game for me. Love it. Some do some do not. Please stop telling us that the games are boring. You maybe should find another platform. Big Fish is trying to keep us all satisfied. We are Big Fish aren't we and just try to keep it that way. Love this game

I think it's great that you love this game. Others do not, & their opinions are equally valid, as is their right to tell the devs why they don't like it. Just sayin'.

Everyone, indeed has a right to express their opinion and views of this game and any other game....whether they absolutely love it...or feel it's a "bore" or whatever else they may think and want to say about it. The opinions of others is what we look for when we are reading these reviews. This is the right platform. It would be mighty "boring" if everyone had the same opinions about everything all the time.

Go to: