Having Trouble and Getting No Help from Customer Service

[Post New]by Cuddlefish on Jul 15, 10 3:09 PM
I own this game and am 92% through it. Loved it so far. However, I was not offered the law book near the end of the game and the game is now stalled. I have written to customer service four times starting 10 July and the only response I have received is the first one that says this is your ticket number and someone will be back to you in 1 to 3 days.

I have given the magazine to the ghost in the study and spoken to the other ghost. I have completed the Hidden Object sequence. There is a gavel head and no end. I completed the bit where you put the gavel together a long time ago in terms of game time. The hint says to use the gavel head but I cannot get anywhere in the room but an overview and to the bookshelf. I don't have the book but I can see it on the desk. The walkthrough says to put the book in the bookshelf.

Please help, if you can.

Thanks

hbgroadends
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

Re:Having Trouble and Getting No Help from Customer Service

[Post New]by hbgroadends on Jul 15, 10 6:20 PM
Cuddlefish, I'm not sure I can help, but I'll try.

You say the game is now stalled...do you mean it will no longer play or are you stuck? If the game will no longer play, you might have a corrupted install. Although it will probably mean starting from scratch, I would uninstall and reinstall the game and see if that fixes your issue.

You were supposed to use the put-together gavel back in Chapter 4 to open the chest next to the desk. The warrant for the arrest of Sarah Good was in the chest. It could be that if you didn't get the warrant back in Chapter 4, you might not be able to get it now, which should mean that it is not necessary to finish the game. Can you click on the chest that is to the left of the desk and beneath the bookshelf?

You should have been able to pick up the law book after finishing the hidden object sequence because that was the very last item to find. The book actually goes on the bookshelf near the door you come in, not the one next to the desk.

I hope this is at least some help to you. It is hard to tell if your issue is a technical glitch or if you haven't completed a task yet. In any case, I hope you will be able to finish the game soon.

Go to: