bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Elixir of Immortality

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 16, 10 12:30 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Elixir of Immortality? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Elixir of Immortality

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jul 16, 10 12:45 AM
After "dark-mini", "dark-mini", and "bright-shooter" (I never kill for hints! ) screens - here is a developer who can make some courses to others how to create "dark screen with excellent resolution"', thus even "blind" people like me can "see" the objects... Vogat!

Loved the game from first sight. Adventure HOG, moving around a lot, but pleasure to play and interact.

Thanks BF for posting it here!

lucyloket
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by lucyloket on Jul 16, 10 12:52 AM
I'm going to buy this now! 20 minutes of the trial and the best thing? - IT PLAYS! No freezing, no jerky cursor, no slow loading - it's Wonderful

The set up was fast. The graphics are clear, well coloured and lovely to look at. There's no 'skip' option on the intro scene, but it isn't long and doesn't waste time.

The hidden objects aren't too small but they can be 'blended' into the background colour which means there is some challenge on some of them - but in a good way.

You collect inventory items to use in the game and some of these need to be 'mixed' together which adds some more interaction from the player.
There appears to be a degree of moving between areas as not everything can be completed in one go, but I like that.

Music okay (I don't tend to have it on). Sound effects seem to reflect the mood of the game.

The walkthrough suggests this to be a 3-4 hour game, depending on your experience and whether you like to appreciate the game design or just fly through the practicalities of completing the tasks to get to the end.

I give it 4 out of 5.

mmemubon
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by mmemubon on Jul 16, 10 1:02 AM
WoW! 20 minutes demo and I am going to buy it.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jul 16, 10 1:05 AM
cool . Thanks for the early review .

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jul 16, 10 1:11 AM
What a wonderful AHOG game thank you very much developer who I cannot name, I this sort of game.

I did have to use the magnifying glass to find the lightning but that is all so far and I did have to turn the music off after half an hour but those are my only criticisms so far.

I would love to stay and chat some more but I have a game to play.

bye.

C

ETA

Finished it and still have a big smile on my face ... more please ...

Edited on 07/17/2010 at 12:30:18 PM PST

mamachi
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by mamachi on Jul 16, 10 1:17 AM
I enjoy this game but I have to say its not an adventure game its a HOG with puzzles.

I would be very happy if Big Fish would learn the difference,

lottelein
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by lottelein on Jul 16, 10 1:19 AM
Thanks for the great reviews. I wasn't even going to try it but now I will. The forum comments really help me.

equusjoy
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

[Post New]by equusjoy on Jul 16, 10 1:31 AM
I am very pleased with this game. Easy on my old eyes. I like having to go from place to place to gather pieces to make things work. Nice game and I am enjoying it much more than I thought I would.

Thanks BFG, as usual you came through for us.

Joy

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on Jul 16, 10 1:45 AM
Excellent game. !0 mins played and I know it will be a keeper. Definitely going on my wishlist.
Well done Developers, this is a high class game.

NouniSmile
Koi
Koi
281,317 Posts

[Post New]by NouniSmile on Jul 16, 10 2:12 AM
Great game, reminds me of MCF's games which is a great advantage.
Graphics are excellent.
Mini puzzles looks good.
It's duration looks reasonable.

Thanks

Nouni

poopysue
Shark
Shark
10,858 Posts

[Post New]by poopysue on Jul 16, 10 2:29 AM
Agree 100% with Nouni! Excellent game!

mountfalcon
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by mountfalcon on Jul 16, 10 2:33 AM
I hope other HOG developers take note of this. The HOG scenes are uncluttered, but the objects are actually 'hidden' in that they blend in nicely; this means that you can stare straight at an object on the list without realising it. There's a necessary amount of going back and forth, but that's not a chore, and you use useful objects found logically. I also like having a task list, particularly as it's necessary to visit quite a number of locations to clear earlier screens. I keep deciding not to buy another HOG, as most of them aren't really replayable, but it's hard to resist this one.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jul 16, 10 2:34 AM
I'd say "Adventure Lite" maybe in that you do have to go to other locations to seek more inventory or use them, but not where I'd get lost. Basically a good HOG, and the pix on the walkthrough look much darker than on my monitor. I do keep it on 100% bright, lots of color and clarity. Also, if there is something at the top that is dark, I find if I sit up straight the top of my monitor is lighter. Better work on posture and save the eyes eh

anki6969
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by anki6969 on Jul 16, 10 3:06 AM
What a wonderful game! The graphics are crystal clear, the sound and music are very good (I actually had it very loud to listen to the boat rocking gently in the water and the other natural sounds )
The objects are rather easy to find but not too easy.
The mini-games so far fun and not too hard.
5 stars from me
I´m off to buy now

This week has been good ,the punch card is filling rapidly

Edited on 07/16/2010 at 3:07:40 AM PST

chruke
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by chruke on Jul 16, 10 3:21 AM
I knew it was a keeper 5 minutes into demo. A must buy. I'm going to buy it now THANK YOU BF.

_Angel_angel
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

[Post New]by _Angel_angel on Jul 16, 10 3:34 AM

What a great week of games!

BF you have outdone yourselves!

Thanks!

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Jul 16, 10 3:45 AM
Way to go, BFG! I think you've got a winner on your hands here. I liked the premise even b4 I d/l'd the demo (which I'm sure glad I did). The intro captured my attention from the start and the trial time only got better from there. The scenes seem just eerily dark enough, but with great resolution; the sounds and background music are fitting, and the overall graphics are wonderful. The hidden-object areas are the way they should be--linked to the story and "hidden in plain sight" without junkpiles to search through. It's also enjoyable to have an interactive inventory where the items collected are actually used (maybe here, maybe somewhere else, but used nonetheless). Wow--yesterday, "The Great Gatsby," and now today this treat! Keep it up! It's a big "BUY"!

Edited on 07/16/2010 at 3:46:34 AM PST

purplemist
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by purplemist on Jul 16, 10 4:04 AM
I in agreement with the other fishies and all their comments..just love this game a definate buy.

sunnyrocks
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyrocks on Jul 16, 10 4:19 AM
Very easy, fun game play, for those of you hard core adventure gamers, this may be a little to easy for you, but if you don't want to pull your hair out tring to figure out what to do next, and want a no brainer, relaxing entertaining game with a good story and great graphics I think you will enjoy this game. I purchased this after 30min of demo time.

Happy Gaming

Go to: