STRANGE QUESTION

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

STRANGE QUESTION

[Post New]by charlieisr on Mar 29, 18 11:32 PM
MY GRANDSON ASKED ME A QUESTION TONIGHT. HE ASKED WHY I DO THE ROOM TWO FROM RIGHT TO LEFT, STARTING WITH THE TABLE, THE EASTER TEA PARTY, THEN THE EASTER BASKET LAST THE CLOCK.

I ASK HIM WHY HE DID HIS THE OTHER WAY, STARTING WITH THE CLOCK AROUND TO THE TEA PARTY.

HE REPLIED THAT IS HOW I DO EVERYTHING, I READ FROM LEFT TO RIGHT, I WRITE FROM LEFT TO RIGHT.

WHY DO YOU DO YOURS THE OTHER WAY. I HAVE NO IDEA I JUST DO WHEN THERE ARE MORE THAN ONE HOS. I JUST FEEL MORE COMFORTABLE DOING THAT WAY. I ALSO GATHER ITEMS IN THE HOS FROM RIGHT TO LEFT.

YET I AM RIGHT HANDED. BUT LEARNED A LOT OF THINGS FROM MY DAD WHO WAS LEFT HANDED.

SO THE QUESTION IS WHICH WAY DO YOU DO THE ROOMS?

FROM RIGHT TO LEFT CLOCK TO THE TEA TABLE OR FROM LEFT TO RIGHT. TEA TABLE TO THE CLOCK.

Edited on 03/29/2018 at 11:58:46 PM PST

akge
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

Re:STRANGE QUESTION

[Post New]by akge on Mar 29, 18 11:52 PM
I was doing it one way when I first started. After a while I started switching the directions around to make the rounds more interesting. Now I generally go from lower right to left then left to right and then upper right to left and left to right. I sometimes switch do start from left to right and so on time to time. It makes things less tedious for me.

Kae

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Mar 30, 18 12:50 AM
I just switch off my mind and do the three from the nearest: lower centre, then upper right and finish with the eye-watering upper left hand side.
And again..... and again......

SA__
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by SA__ on Mar 30, 18 1:25 AM
I usually do the hardest one first to get it out of the way. Not sure about the others, either the one nearest to it or left to right I think.

Sa

[Post New]by redcloud33 on Mar 30, 18 2:31 AM
I usually start with the clock, then the chick, then the mice, left to right, which has something to do with reading and writing I think, but sometimes I change so I don't feel too dizzy, these scènes are charming but after a while.... too much is too much

[Post New]by Susanna502 on Mar 30, 18 2:47 AM
I do most things left to right (probably because I read left to right), but I noticed when I do a zoom zone I select the items from right to left. When I do a night-mode HOS I go around the outside clockwise and then spiral into the center.

Luckypool
Clownfish
Clownfish
607 Posts

[Post New]by Luckypool on Mar 30, 18 2:56 AM
I click away all over the place, no set starting point. I look at 2 or 3 items on the list and click until I find them, that way I gather some flukes at the same time. My strategy is pretty bad to be honest, I've never progressed on to the leaderboard except for the ego-polishing no 6 placement - haha!!!

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Mar 30, 18 2:59 AM
I am left handed and I go Easter Basket, Clock then Tea party. In the regular HOS I go from left to right most of the time.

I usually work from Bar to Mirror Lake, Church to the last HOS in the Town and so on. Every so often I start the at Mirror Lake to the Tavern etc. Once in a while I will start at the East and work backwards. Sometimes I start at Cloud City, work to the East, come back to the Town and finish in the Tavern.

Just depends on my mood at the time

__TJ__
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by __TJ__ on Mar 30, 18 5:56 AM
That is funny never thought about it but yeah I read/write from left to right however, my natural go in HOS is Right to left... however I start at random spots while chasing butterflies & prematurely open a HOS lol As for actually hunting objects I most often start Right to left but I do change that up sometimes & I also like outer spiral hunt, I hardly ever pay attention to the actual list just click each object as I find them wish they didn't have to be in list to select but oh well at least those don't count against you just have to go back later and grab them once they pop up.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Mar 30, 18 6:26 AM
For me, it has nothing to do with right hand/left hand. It's all about what I like best.

I start with the Basket because I like it least, then the Tea Party, then the Clock. Unless I have just finished the Clock in another room, then I do it 1st because everything is fresh in my mind.
Of course, if I accidentally open 1 when collecting butterflies, I finish it. It'd be silly not to.
Inside the HOS, I collect my least favorite items 1st (must get rid of the binoculars ASAP! They're staring at me!), & I always save the sapphire for last.

Skdu
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Skdu on Mar 30, 18 6:48 AM
I am right handed...so it seems natural for me to work from right to left, both when selecting a HOS or selecting items within the scenes.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Mar 30, 18 8:43 AM
I am right-handed, so I play Easter Tea Party, Easter Basket, Enchanted Clock. Once in the HOS, I don't think I follow any pattern. Just click on whatever my eyes pick up from the item list.

But this is very interesting since we do read from left to right, but we turn pages right to left.

Gimali
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by Gimali on Mar 30, 18 9:38 AM
Hi, this is an interesting question
I am also right handed ......
in the spring room I always do clock, basket then tea party.
All HOS I start bottom center and go clockwise in circles, I never look at the list except maybe for the last item.

kthreads
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by kthreads on Mar 30, 18 9:54 AM
Gimali wrote:Hi, this is an interesting question
I am also right handed ......
in the spring room I always do clock, basket then tea party.
All HOS I start bottom center and go clockwise in circles, I never look at the list except maybe for the last item.

I work the same way. And I agree...it is an interesting question. The answers are too.

[Post New]by Susanna502 on Mar 30, 18 4:19 PM
whitebutterfly54 wrote:But this is very interesting since we do read from left to right, but we turn pages right to left.

I hadn't thought of that, but if something is more "visual" it would be natural to go left to right, but something more "physical" would be right to left.

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Mar 30, 18 5:12 PM
I JUST DISCOVERED IN THE SPRING ROOMS I GO COUNTER CLOCKWISE.

IN THE REGULAR HOS'S I START AT ONE SIDE OR THE OTHER DEPENDING WHAT IS THE FIRST ITEMS ON THE HOS LIST.

WE ALL DO THINGS SO DIFFERENT. THAT IS WHAT MAKES US HUMAN NOT ROBOTS.

Angelfish
Angelfish
1,060 Posts

[Post New]by 1457051 on Mar 30, 18 8:40 PM
In the regular HOS, I go right to left most times.
In the Xmas and Spring rooms I go left to right.

I like to get the most difficult ones (for me) out of the way first. So it depends on the scenes.
I guess I will start hopping around and see if I get any better!!

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Mar 30, 18 11:23 PM
Clock ..... Basket ...... Tea Party ...........counterclockwise.

12earth45
Clownfish
Clownfish
885 Posts

[Post New]by 12earth45 on Mar 31, 18 2:24 AM
Same as AEG, but only because clock is hardest for me.....

Random where I start when I do actual HOS, rarely look at list.

Comes from playing the tournaments

Great question!

Crystal;P

mumma_1
Clownfish
Clownfish
538 Posts

[Post New]by mumma_1 on Mar 31, 18 2:54 AM
That is an interesting question.....I have a set pattern for which order I complete the HOS's in each area...but until I read this thread I didn't really think about it...

I normally complete the HOS's in the order of leaving the area, so it could be Left to Right or Right to left....(if that makes sense)....as far as the HOS itself is concerned, I normally start wherever my pointer is pointing when the scene opens

With Spring room 2...Clock ...Basket ...Table

ETA:- Another Left Hander here

Edited on 03/31/2018 at 2:56:46 AM PST

Go to: