Problem with hunger

[Post New]by GerharEichberger on Mar 30, 18 6:14 AM
Gerhard Eichberger

Well, this is my second try of "Virtual Villagers: The Lost Children".

The first try ended with 0 food and all my people died.
The problem is that algae came, and I could no more get fish. The coconuts were also all eaten up soon and then I had no more food, and my people died. At first the two children died, then the woman with the baby. Another woman with a baby survived, but not long. The children lived just a few minutes, then they died. I didn't find enough mushrooms to feed the people. After dying of the last woman I only had two men. After they died, it was Game Over. (I have started to build the dam, but the last people died, when construction of the dam was at 2 %. There were also negative events (a man who wanted to work on the scientic board ending in damaging it and losing all my tech-points, and a fog causing that my food was suddenly 0).

Now I try it a second time:
Again there was the fog that takes away all the food. Actually the algae are not here, but I'm afraid it will come soon. Actually I have 5 people (containing 1 baby). The construction of the dam is 34 %. Momentairly I have 95 food and 2.015 tech-points. Three people are working on the dam, the fourth is the woman with the baby. Farming and Construction is on stage 2, all others are on stage 1. Only the puzzle "fire" is ready...

What do you mean?
What do I wrong?

Gerhard

Edited on 03/30/2018 at 6:16:25 AM PST

Re:Problem with hunger

[Post New]by GerharEichberger on Mar 30, 18 6:27 AM
Gerhard Eichberger

A few moments later:
The child was there. I have taken it to collect an item. In the next moment an event ("Sehenswerte Hütte" - Remarkable hat) popped up. When I clicked on "Weiter", the child in my hand was gone - it is dead. Suddenly there is 0 food. So I have 4 people left that are between 24 and 35.

Gerhard

[Post New]by GerharEichberger on Mar 30, 18 9:03 AM
Gerhard Eichberger

Now something strange happened:
I have now the dam, and the field and my people are earning food from the field. There was over 500 food in the bin. Then suddenly a woman died, and from one second to the other there is only 40 food in the bin. No event occured.

Where did my food go?

Now I have just one woman, that has a baby and two men.
Actually I play with double-speed.

Gerhard

Edited on 03/30/2018 at 9:04:54 AM PST

[Post New]by GerharEichberger on Mar 30, 18 10:39 AM
Gerhard Eichberger

The same:
A child was born, and nearly immediately it died.

I have forced another time that the only woman gets a baby. But this was not simple - it took about 30 tries, until it got a baby.

Now there are two men and a woman with a baby.

Why do the children die immideately after being a baby? There was enough food, and the people were not ill (I believe, I couldn't check it on the child, for it lived only 5 seconds).

Gerhard

[Post New]by GerharEichberger on Mar 30, 18 10:41 AM
Gerhard Eichberger

In this moment the food swapped from about 100 to zero.

Now the field is full of plants for the second time.

Gerhard

[Post New]by GerharEichberger on Mar 30, 18 10:42 AM
Gerhard Eichberger

In this moment one of the men died.

Now there are one man and one woman with a baby remaining.

Gerhard

[Post New]by GerharEichberger on Mar 30, 18 2:55 PM
Gerhard Eichberger

Now something very strange happened:
The new child was 2 years old. I have put it on a mushroom. It took the mushroom and startet to run to the food bin. On the way it came near the fire at the fireplace. There the child did not run anymore, but it lost the mushroom (it didn't go to the food bin, the food value was the same) and the child started to "flatter" around, so as if it couldn't go further. Then I put the child onto an item (a butterfly). It took the butterfly and started to run to the scientic house, but in the next moment it dropped the butterfly and turned into a 14 year old boy. In the same moment the food changed from 822 (or so) to 0 (zero). Now there is no food...

What is the matter here?

Gerhard

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Mar 30, 18 6:21 PM
Dear Gerhard Eichberger,
I think you may have a damaged game. Uninstall the game, restart your computer and then reinstall it to your game manager.
Start a new game, then pause and open the options page, put your game on easy at quarter speed. Pause the game when you take a break.
Now then, put 3 adults on building the first hut. Do not let them deviate from their job until the hut is finished! Make them scientists when the hut is complete.
Put any other adults on the science table.
Any child must collect mushrooms and special items. Do not interfere with the child or she will drop it. Children become working teenagers at 14 years old and become adults at 18.
Be sure to have your workers skills marked on their detail page. This will help some of them (depending on their likes/dislikes) stay on task.
Do not pick all of the coconuts! Manually drop a scientist on the coconut or ocean, wait for him to place the food in the food bin then place him back on the science table. You need to amass tons of tech points to level up!!
Do not over-fish the ocean, that brings the algae!!
Do not overpopulate your village. 15 people including children are the maximum until you buy unlimited fishing. Try this, post for further tips.

[Post New]by GerharEichberger on Mar 31, 18 3:53 AM
Gerhard Eichberger

Now I have looked after the game, it continued to play while I slept:
There were 4 people: 1 woman, 2 men and a child (female). Suddenly the fog occured, but I lost only 200 food (there were over 2.000 in the food bin). Some seconds later the child died. Then another event occured: Birds on the field. Also the algae are there. There are only a few coconuts on the trees, however there is enough vegetables on the field.

The only woman here is 53 years old. Now I must force her to get a baby.

Gerhard

[Post New]by GerharEichberger on Mar 31, 18 5:52 AM
Gerhard Eichberger

Now the last woman died.
There are only 2 men left.

What shall I do?

Gerhard

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Mar 31, 18 6:57 AM
Without any females you cannot provide your village with children.
You can start a new game in another save spot.
You can continue your 2 man village and hope for the "barrel full of infants" or the "new sliding down the waterfall couple" events that will renew your population.
What do you want to do?

[Post New]by GerharEichberger on Mar 31, 18 4:41 PM
Gerhard Eichberger

Well, I'm waiting. The two men are still alive. Actually, there are three puzzles solved: Fire, The Dam and "Die Vogelscheuche" (I don't know the english translation for this word - I play it in German language), and now I have 20.056 Tech-points.

When the two men die, then I will try to reinstall the game.

Gerhard

[Post New]by GerharEichberger on Mar 31, 18 6:52 PM
Gerhard Eichberger

One man is dead. Now it's only one man remaining.
An event occured called "Ein freundlicher Papagei" (A friendly parrot) giving 400 food.

Gerhard

[Post New]by GerharEichberger on Apr 1, 18 2:44 AM
Gerhard Eichberger

My last man is ill. I forced him to eat, but this doesn't heal him although a note says that he feels better.

Gerhard

[Post New]by GerharEichberger on Apr 1, 18 6:39 PM
Gerhard Eichberger

Now the last man died. Game Over.

End Summary:
1.920 Food
25.314 Tech-points
The first three puzzles (Fire, Dam, Vogelscheuche) solved
79 hours played
Score: 32.642
7 babys born