gamelover57
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

I'm Not One to Complain But....

[Post New]by gamelover57 on Mar 30, 18 6:22 AM
there needs to be more ways to collect smiles. Gathering eggs and finishing quests just don't give me enough to craft the spring wreaths and spring cakes the fairy wants and craft the spring cakes and spring wreaths necessary to craft the new pets. I refuse to pay diamonds because the smiles cost too many diamonds. Any suggestions?

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

Re:I'm Not One to Complain But....

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Mar 30, 18 6:30 AM
Put it on your wishlist! Put "nd smiles" in your name. I have hundreds of them & am very happy to gift them, & I'm sure lots of your friends do, too.
Good luck & happy searching!

Love_rnr
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by Love_rnr on Mar 30, 18 6:39 AM
I can give you as many as you need.

Paula
i1798960

__TJ__
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by __TJ__ on Mar 30, 18 6:47 AM
I did the math & to get the Spring butterfly which is my next coveted pet lol have to craft the Spring Wreath 30x that equals 150 of each of the 4 types of Flowers's & Sun Smiles then to get all the other Spring pets my math includes all past & present it's an additional 95 Sun Smiles & only 5 of each of the flowers & about 40/45 of the 4 types of eggs. So all in all about 245 Sun Smiles & 155 of each type of flower looking at those #'s can seem a lil daunting but in the grand scheme of things we still have over 30 days in this event between HOS puzzles & helpful friends you shouldn't have a problem in the end accomplishing all your goals happy Hunting

AuntieRoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Mar 30, 18 7:51 AM
I’m ignoring the quests at the moment ,when I have a little more Spring inventory I’ll have a re-think.My level 30 game is very limited in areas but I still spend time on the morphs,I’m looking for bunnies & mice anyway.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Mar 30, 18 8:34 AM
The problem (if you want to call it that) is when they add new pets, achievements, etc. on top of the old. That requires additional items to fall, therefore, less of each individual item. If you've been around awhile, you're only working on the newest additions so it's a little easier.

But players that are new to the game shouldn't expect to get everything all in one event. It may take 2 or 3 Spring (or Winter) events to actually catch up.

The only alternative would be for the devs to "retire" past pets, achievements, etc., which I'm sure no one wants.

__TJ__
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by __TJ__ on Mar 30, 18 8:36 AM
Yeah I did the Easter Spirit quests to obtain last yrs pet parts for donkey & Jester Critters but skipped the ones that want crafts esp the cakes they are too expensive to craft just for DQ's wouldn't be so bad if they stayed in your inventory to go towards pets but they disappear, after completing quest. I did it once or twice than learned my lesson lol There's 30 some days left so lots of chances at DQ's won't hurt to skip those craft ones imo I think I'm going to start waiting on Spirit quests now too try & combine those w/ the castle quests 2 birds one carrot so to speak haha that way I'm not using stuff carelessly I see quite a few collect Spirit quests coming up!

gamelover57
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by gamelover57 on Mar 30, 18 9:31 AM
I have it as the only item on my wishlist. I feel bad asking for something current in a special event because I'm afraid my friends need them too. Before my old computer crashed and I had to have my game transferred and lost just about everything, I had hundreds, too. Now zilch.
Janice, Raven of GA

beadgal
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by beadgal on Mar 30, 18 9:49 AM
Gamelover57 & TJ, I have 300 Smiles & love gifting. I love gifting, plz put them on your wish list. Gamelover57 if you play on iOS device, send me friend invite.
Beadgal i1037474

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Mar 30, 18 12:43 PM
Paula & Beadgal, I'm pretty sure Gamelover is on pc.

Gamelover, please don't feel bad about asking for them. Most of us "old timers" have a surplus of them & are happy to give them to those who need them. That's the beauty of good friends - we help each other through the tough spots.

Edited on 03/30/2018 at 12:49:01 PM PST

datsalotta
Clownfish
Clownfish
673 Posts

[Post New]by datsalotta on Mar 31, 18 2:33 PM
Smiles on your wish list for sure

Sometimes I will just do rounds of gathering the morphing eggs because......

Many smiles drop this way -- also diamonds, red & blue eggs, and during the events 20 coins instead of 10

Hope this helps

datsalotta on PC and iOS

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Mar 31, 18 3:22 PM
It is persistence in chasing the morphing eggs. On my Silky game I can only collect 33 morphing eggs per round, so it takes just that bit longer to gather them. I do a few HOS, chase eggs, repeat, repeat, repeat.

I do put some items on my list and I have some very generous friends who have helped me. It is doable within the time frame. I have managed to get all the pets, old and new. Just need to do craft the Wreaths of Spring and the Spring Cakes, but am not to worried if I don't get them this year, there is always next year

norry6
Clownfish
Clownfish
611 Posts

[Post New]by norry6 on Apr 1, 18 2:11 AM
Remember the Christmas Consortium. Despite the name all events are covered. If when the event closes you are still in need of flowers smiles and pet parts we are here to help. The only thing you can't do when the event ends is catch flying objects so if you need carrots put them on your wish lists now.

Have fun
Norry

ohpleeze
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

I'm Not One to Complain But....

[Post New]by ohpleeze on Apr 1, 18 12:09 PM
gamelover57 wrote:there needs to be more ways to collect smiles. Gathering eggs and finishing quests just don't give me enough to craft the spring wreaths and spring cakes the fairy wants and craft the spring cakes and spring wreaths necessary to craft the new pets. I refuse to pay diamonds because the smiles cost too many diamonds. Any suggestions?

Go to each site and collect eggs (3). That gives time for globes and critters to enter the site while collecting smilies and other things.

Go to: