Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Darkness and Flame: The Dark Side Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 31, 18 12:37 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 03/31/2018 at 9:53:05 AM PST

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Darkness and Flame: The Dark Side Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by steve_san on Mar 31, 18 9:17 AM
Unable to download and install this game because of tech issue..

So sad! Was looking forward to playing this one.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Darkness and Flame: The Dark Side Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Mar 31, 18 9:54 AM
Hello Everyone!

If you're having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct this type of problem in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with Customer Support Team. It would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBeruna

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Mar 31, 18 9:57 AM
Howdy All,

If there's been trouble downloading a game, please take a look at the troubleshooting suggestions in the help page below:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

Email our Technical Support Team for further assistance if those steps don't do the trick. You're also always welcome to PM a moderator with remaining questions, although our Support Team is the best equipped to help with in-depth troubleshooting.

Thanks for your patience, and have a lovely weekend!

bfgBeruna

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Mar 31, 18 11:36 AM

steve_san --------------- check your PM message box for possible help with this non-download problem.

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on Mar 31, 18 12:32 PM
jcsgame wrote:

steve_san --------------- check your PM message box for possible help with this non-download problem.

Thanks for trying jcsgame.

Hopefully, Customer Support will get back to me soon.

DebbieAnnie
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

So what happened??

[Post New]by DebbieAnnie on Apr 1, 18 1:23 AM
I'm trying to do the mini-game that has two circles of symbols....when I started the game the symbols stayed lit as they match up with the exterior symbols...however,(I can't remember why), but I went out of the game and then went back to it.....Now the symbols light up when I match it to the the exterior symbols, but, they all un-light as soon as I go to select the next symbols....(please excuse any mis-spelled words) has anyone else had this problem?? Darn it anyway,I guess I will have to skip it the stragey guide doesn't help...

DebbieAnnie

[Post New]by bluecaz on Apr 1, 18 5:36 AM
I got to the final puzzle box with the coloured blocks - I skipped the game and its now not allowing me to complete. Zoomed out the box lid is open but when you click on the box the lid is still closed and you cannot click to play it. I now have a game I cannot complete, a bonus chapter I cannot start due to the main game not being completed and a waste of money.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Apr 2, 18 4:34 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for helping one another out as well as letting us know your experiences while playing Darkness and Flame: The Dark Side Collector's Edition. I can see that there's a few issues here, and wanted to provide some steps that may help resolve those quickly, as well as how to reach out to our Support Team, if you haven't already.

steve_san, I'm sorry there's been trouble with the Big Fish Games app. I hope that the Support Team is able to assist with the issue you are experiencing with our Games app. Thank you as well to jcsgame for providing that suggestion to assist with that.

DebbieAnnie and bluecaz, I'm sorry to hear the game seems to be getting stuck at a certain point. It might be helpful if the game appears to not be progressing properly to see if running the game with further permissions can help unstick the game. If you'd like to try those steps, they are available below:

For any problems that continue after trying those steps, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team with the title of the game, what seems to be happening, and any steps you've already tried to resolve the issue. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Thank you all for your patience. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

kellen46
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by kellen46 on Apr 9, 18 4:16 PM
playing bonus game on pc. I have the chain and am ready to play the puzzle in the farm house. I need to get to the test tube to save the plant juice. It will not let me access the game with the chain. I have re-installed the game with no luck.

ppasolvr
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by ppasolvr on Apr 11, 18 11:08 AM
I'm stuck at the point where the fox has got something around his neck. I have 3 keys, a screwdriver, and a knife. I'm posting here because the map shows the area with the fox as the only place where an action is available, but the only screen that opens is the screen with the fox. When I hit the hint button, the map comes up and it encircles a random spot on the map where nothing of note is.
Playing on Win 7 PC

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Apr 11, 18 2:04 PM
Hello kellen46 and ppasolvr,

It sounds like there have been some troubles progressing in the game. Although I haven't played these particular puzzles and therefore am unable to provide tips & tricks, we can certainly go over some troubleshooting steps that have worked for progression issues in the past to see if they help in these cases. When we're troubleshooting progression issues, our aim is to improve the resources and permissions available to the game. This can help games use their files effectively. Steps for trying this can be found at the following links:

Video Driver Updates

Should this not resolve the issue, our next course is to start up a new profile to see if that new profile and progress beyond the problematic area. This method is effective in cases where the progression issue is related to something going wrong with the save file for the original profile.

When these troubleshooting steps do not resolve an issue, we then recommend sending a message to our Technical Support Team. Our Moderators are also happy to answer any questions we can, so feel free to PM one of us anytime.

bfgArinelle

linda072
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by linda072 on Apr 18, 18 7:28 PM
I'm having issues with this game freezing up on me. I am running Windows 10, nvidia geforce graphics card. My drivers are updated. Everytime I try to do something in the desert, it locks up.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Apr 19, 18 3:00 PM
Hello linda072,

It sounds like Darkness and Flame: The Dark Side Collector's Edition is freezing and that the computer's video card drivers are up to date. Just in case it hasn't been tried, I'd recommend running the game in Administrator Mode. I've included a help page with those instructions below, just in case:

I apologize if you've tried those instructions and would recommend emailing our Technical Support Team if the game still won't work. They'll be able to replace the title.

Thank you so much for your patience.

bfgBeruna

Go to: