bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Hidden Mysteries: Vampire Secrets technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 17, 10 1:01 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Re:Post any Hidden Mysteries: Vampire Secrets technical issues here only

[Post New]by ChristmasEve on Jul 17, 10 1:47 AM
I clicked play in the game manager and it went to the Gameville Entertainment screen and then to the Gunnar Games screen. My screen went black and then switched back to the 60 minutes, play again screen. I clicked play again and the same thing happened. Why is there so much trouble with the games lately?

[Post New]by ChristmasEve on Jul 17, 10 1:50 AM
I clicked play in the game manager and it went to the Gameville Entertainment screen and then to the Gunnar Games screen. My screen went black and then switched back to the 60 minutes, play again screen. I clicked play again and the same thing happened. Why is there so much trouble with the games lately?

[Post New]by ChristmasEve on Jul 17, 10 2:33 AM
I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. After it had loaded and switched back to the game manager it stated trial expired. That's the second game in a row that has done that. Anyone else having this problem?

galphimia
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by galphimia on Jul 17, 10 4:36 AM
Unable to play even the demo:
Error: Access violation at 0x7C924D6E ( tried to write to 0x00040FFG) program terminated.

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on Jul 17, 10 4:39 AM
I'm getting a slightly different error it told me that it was terminated because of an error in writing or script and terminated program then went to trial minutes left screen. I have uninstalled it and will wait for a fix. I am running a Vaio, ATI graphics card , Windows 7, 1600 x 900 res...and most of the new games have run correctly. A couple of days ago there was a game with a crash prob also. Is this the same?
Nana

Your error message is similar to my error message.

Edited on 07/17/2010 at 4:42:23 AM PST

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Jul 17, 10 5:39 AM
I lost the curser once and had to CNT/ALT/DEL. Restarted and was able to move on. When I reached the musical lock, I could not seem to make it work. I have no problem with the sequence but my input does not register.

galphimia
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by galphimia on Jul 17, 10 5:58 AM
Deinstalled and reinstalled several times. Even shut down my firewall. Always same error message. I am using XP.
Is there any help ???

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Jul 17, 10 6:22 AM
Having the same problem. Access violation message when I try to start the game. as I've already bought it, it's very frustrating.

Let's hope BFG will do something about this very quickly.

BTW I'm using Windows 7

Carole22759
Minnow
Minnow
288 Posts

[Post New]by Carole22759 on Jul 17, 10 6:40 AM
ChristmasEve wrote:I clicked play in the game manager and it went to the Gameville Entertainment screen and then to the Gunnar Games screen. My screen went black and then switched back to the 60 minutes, play again screen. I clicked play again and the same thing happened. Why is there so much trouble with the games lately?

I am also having this problem.

strilf
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by strilf on Jul 17, 10 6:43 AM
Carole22759 wrote:
ChristmasEve wrote:I clicked play in the game manager and it went to the Gameville Entertainment screen and then to the Gunnar Games screen. My screen went black and then switched back to the 60 minutes, play again screen. I clicked play again and the same thing happened. Why is there so much trouble with the games lately?

I am also having this problem.

Exactly what happens to me. I'm running WinXP 32 bit, ATI Radeon X1650 graphics card and PLENTY of space on the harddrive. Everything is fully up to date after the latest Dr. Felix check earlier this week.

[Post New]by gwford1 on Jul 17, 10 7:34 AM
I was getting the "Access Error" violation when starting the program. I am running Windows 7. I changed the Compatibility to "Windows Vista - SP 2" and it seems to be running okay now.

misty5
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by misty5 on Jul 17, 10 7:35 AM
galphimia wrote:Unable to play even the demo:
Error: Access violation at 0x7C924D6E ( tried to write to 0x00040FFG) program terminated.

I got the same message a few minutes into the demo, but when it went back to the screen that told me how many minutes of demo I had left, I clicked "play again" and game started again where I had left off. No further problems, so I was able to finish the demo just fine.

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Jul 17, 10 8:52 AM
gwford1 wrote:I was getting the "Access Error" violation when starting the program. I am running Windows 7. I changed the Compatibility to "Windows Vista - SP 2" and it seems to be running okay now.

For those of us not so computer literate, could you explain how to do this please?

kelvy0303
Stingray
Stingray
4,533 Posts

[Post New]by kelvy0303 on Jul 17, 10 9:00 AM

Same thing happened to me. Don't think I'll bother with uninstall/reinstall. Luckily, there are other good games this week.

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Jul 17, 10 9:11 AM
janspack wrote:
gwford1 wrote:I was getting the "Access Error" violation when starting the program. I am running Windows 7. I changed the Compatibility to "Windows Vista - SP 2" and it seems to be running okay now.

For those of us not so computer literate, could you explain how to do this please?

I worked it out. Didn't work for me.

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Jul 17, 10 9:16 AM
Hi everyone,

Let's see what we can do about getting those errors fixed!

If you are getting a blank screen or your game is crashing, freezing or laggy, you may want to check for updates to your video card drivers and/or Direct X. These updates usually fix common display issues. Game Crashing, Freezing and Blank Screen

If your trial has expired there are two things you can try:

1. If you are using Internet Explorer, try switching to Firefox and try downloading the trial again.
2. Try Uninstalling and reinstalling the Game Manager.

If you are getting an "Access Violation" error, this could be due to firewall or Game Manager settings or display issues. You may want to try running as administrator or running in compatibility mode.Access Violation

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
* under the "Install the latest software updates/Adjust your graphics settings" choose Windows Vista or 7 then scroll down to where is shows you how to run in compatibility mode and how to disable Aero.

Run as Administrator

If you have tried these steps and your game still isn't running properly, contact our technical support team. Make sure to give them the error you are getting or a detailed description so that can better assist you.

You can contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page.

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat Monday-Friday 9:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope this helps!

bfgTigris

Dibur46
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Dibur46 on Jul 17, 10 9:27 AM

I am having the SAME problem and I have uninstalled and reinstalled.... I am not going to bother with it anymore... too many other games to try..

barregar
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,249 Posts

[Post New]by barregar on Jul 17, 10 9:33 AM
My cursor froze and I had to reboot my pc to get out. Never happened to me with any other Bigfish games before.

katy12250
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by katy12250 on Jul 17, 10 9:40 AM
Well, my problem was different. Game seemed to download ok & then froze everything on my computer EXCEPT for the Game Manager while it installed... and installed... and installed... and etc. for an hour. I had to do a hard rebooot to get my computer back. That WAS new & different. Since there seem to be a lot of other problems with this game, I'm going to give it a pass.

Go to: