epaldino
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Error

[Post New]by epaldino on Jul 17, 10 7:54 AM
I downloaded the trial version and when I try to open it it gives me the error:

Error: Access vioaltion at 0x0298EFAE (tried to write to 0x00000000), program terminated

Anyone else have this problem?

Ember66
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re:Error

[Post New]by Ember66 on Jul 17, 10 8:08 AM
yep.
i'm getting the same message just after the game crashes.
it's a shame as i was looking forwards to playing this game. i loved the last Hidden Mysteries games.
i hope it gets fixed soon.

[Post New]by puddin75 on Jul 17, 10 10:16 AM
Yep, I am getting the same error code, hopefully they will fix this problem and I can start playing the game soon.

[Post New]by gunnhoneydew on Jul 17, 10 11:01 AM
Yes I am getting the same error message. It is too bad I would have like to
try this game. They need to fix before it is put ou to buy.

connies32
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by connies32 on Jul 17, 10 11:13 AM
me too. Has it been fixed?

maat1957
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by maat1957 on Jul 17, 10 2:19 PM
I don't recall getting an error message, but the game kept crashing until I lowered my screen resolution to 1024 x 768. I have a wide screen and use a high resolution but I have found several games that won't accept it that way.

lisarossi
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by lisarossi on Jul 17, 10 2:27 PM
Yep I get the same here

[Post New]by aratswad88 on Jul 18, 10 12:18 AM
I don't even get an error message. It starts going through the credits at the begining and gets through 2 of them and just goes back to the play again screen. I hope someone fixes this soon or tells us what to do. This has been happening alot lately with their games.

connies32
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by connies32 on Jul 18, 10 3:10 AM
that is what happens to me, going back to play again. I don't want to touch my computer as I'm a senior that is not that computer smart. Is there an easier way then changing those numbers? I just gpt a new wide monitor. I don't have any problem with any other games, new or older.

connies32
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by connies32 on Jul 18, 10 3:16 AM
I just checked my numbers of 1024 768 and that is what is on my window. So those numbers don't work for me (at least I don't think so). Thanks for any help.

58bemb
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by 58bemb on Jul 18, 10 7:12 AM
I can get as far as the big fish screen then it boots out. I have the same problem with the game HOTEL it just boots me out. Have they posted an update or fix for it yet, I tried delete and reinstall, but that didn't help.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jul 18, 10 7:29 AM
I got an access violation after I entered the house and opened up the drawer with the butter knife, picked up the light bulb and then Windows closed out the game. Anyone else have this problem? Maybe I should uninstall and try again...but I am totally exhausted after working extra hours this weekend...tried and bought Elixer and Gatsby...am going to enjoy playing them both. Started out good with this one, too, but then hit this glitch. Haven't read through all the posts on this one, yet, so I don't know if this is a BF problem or something peculiar with my own computer...and am too whooped to try and figure it out. Later, maybe.

[Post New]by frederico123 on Jul 18, 10 8:48 AM
I am getting - error - windows cannot open website - it either cannot be found or is unavailable - any one else having a problem?

[Post New]by CyndiP64 on Jul 20, 10 12:54 PM
I am having the same problem as 58bemb with the same games. Was really looking forward to both Hotel and Vampire. Tried uninstalling, reinstalling, turning off virus and adware programs, nothing worked. Hope there is someone out there who can help with this!

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jul 20, 10 2:31 PM
Hello Fishies,

I can see that many of you have been receiving an Access Violation error while trying to play Hidden Mysteries: Vampire Secrets. This error can sometimes be resolved by updating DirectX on your system. If you'd like to see how to do this, please refer to our great help article:

Access Violation

You can always contact Customer Support if the problem persists or if you'd like some extra help! To do this, click on the green envelope to the right of the screen, then click "Contact Us" (bottom left) of the next page to reach the online web form. To submit the web form, click "Check for Answers" to visit the Help pages first, then if you still can't find an answer, you can then click the "Submit" button to send your ticket to our reps.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat for real-time support through your "My Game Club" page. Chat hours are Monday through Friday 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM PST.

Hope this helps!

I've been asked to lock technical threads in the Game Forums, but we highly encourage you to check out the technical issues thread!

-bfgArnoStyx

Edited on 07/20/2010 at 2:35:15 PM PST

Go to: