Finished

[Post New]by Yellow_Eye on Apr 1, 18 2:50 PM
Finished hunting for magic fish at day 5, 315 species found. I used one spoiler, the one about the golden guppy, as I hate waiting because of lack of money. :-)

rosesense
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Re:Finished

[Post New]by rosesense on Apr 1, 18 4:21 PM
Congrats, I finished today, also.

roxanne601
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by roxanne601 on Apr 5, 18 4:19 PM
Can you continue to play the game after you find all of the magic fish?

[Post New]by Yellow_Eye on Apr 6, 18 9:04 AM
Yes, you can go on endlessly I suppose. I played until I had all 441 species discovered. Nothing left but rebreed the real pretty ones I suppose.

tmahler
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by tmahler on Apr 8, 18 8:49 PM
Yellow_Eye wrote:Yes, you can go on endlessly I suppose. I played until I had all 441 species discovered. Nothing left but rebreed the real pretty ones I suppose.

I am currently on the challenge to breed 400 different species. I have 311. This is very frustrating. Is there some tip or trick I am missing? I have to play for hours to get one or two different fish. Thanks!

elizaew
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
408 Posts

[Post New]by elizaew on Apr 10, 18 7:48 PM
How did you guys breed the hooked foxface and serrated foxface necessary to breed the magic fish of transformation? I can't figure out how to use the breeding charts available on the fan site.

[Post New]by Yellow_Eye on Apr 14, 18 9:57 AM
SPOILER: Make a chart yourself. I'll give you one hint. All you need to breed any fish you want is a Silky Spotanus, a Spined Spotanus, a Silky Shark and a Spined Shark. (Highlight the spoiler text by selecting it.)

Edited on 04/14/2018 at 10:00:43 AM PST

unclepaul
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
467 Posts

[Post New]by unclepaul on Apr 16, 18 8:26 PM
The Foxface can only be bred independently via a Spontanus v Goldfish.

Shark and Spontanus fish type and Silky Fin type can only be obtained originally from hatching eggs. You cannot breed these in by using other fish or other fin types.

eg You get a Foxface from

Spontanus v Goldfish
Spontanus v Foxface
Foxface v Foxface

For Shark:
Shark v Shark
Shark v Catfish

Spontanus:
Spontanus v Spontanus so you need eggs to get your first couple of Spontanus

Silky fin
Silky v Silky
Silky V Hooked
So from all these difficult to breed independently you would need to hatch eggs first.

elizaew
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
408 Posts

[Post New]by elizaew on Apr 20, 18 6:43 PM
thanks everyone - I finally got all my magic fish but am only up to about 300 species. Rare eggs seem to bring me a new one most of the time but breeding rarely does anyone and common and uncommon eggs don't hatch anything new.

Edited on 04/20/2018 at 6:43:53 PM PST

unclepaul
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
467 Posts

[Post New]by unclepaul on Apr 21, 18 4:57 PM
There are a total of 441 fish/ fin color combinations. I am currently about 40 short.

I have three tanks and 2 sales tanks. I am breeding and hatching eggs to produce the 21 types of a fish eg 21 different types of sharks in one tank and then the 21 different types of another fish eg Angelfish in another tank. I will breed them to give all the 21 varieties of Snout.
Then discard some of the easily breedable varieties of Angelfish and cross the Sharks with Snout to give Catfish which will be discarded.
Then discard the Sharks and breed the rest of the Angelfish and cross them with the Snout to give all the Snoopers .
Doing this throughout enables fast breeding of all the species.

[Post New]by sugarloafpaul on Apr 24, 18 5:51 AM
Yeah, I'm now at the challenge I don't like which is to have at least 400 different types of fish. I love the third holding tank though because it makes it easier to do the stuff and isolate specific types of fish and what fish result with what types of fins so that you can easily record the results.

elizaew
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
408 Posts

[Post New]by elizaew on Apr 25, 18 6:55 PM
I have beaten the 400 challenge BUT I am missing silky and or spined for 15 out of the 22 species. I have been playing for 25 days and bought tens of thousands of dollars worth of different types of eggs and no luck. I have searched the forums and internet and nothing tells me anything. It's clear from the charts that you can't breed them. You have to buy eggs. I buy and buy and buy and not one of these shows up for any of the 15 species. Something seems wrong to me.

Have any of you encountered this problem?

Edited on 04/25/2018 at 6:56:04 PM PST

Go to: