Restarting the Game

SassiD
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

Restarting the Game

[Post New]by SassiD on Apr 2, 18 6:21 AM
I failed to immediately use the "magnifier glass" acquired at the Bar in Chicago, Illinois to unlock the dollhouse at the Doll Shop in Rapid City, South Dakota what ended up "locking" my quests. To play the game at its full potential I was advised by Silver and GulfCoast to restart the game.
I opened this thread in the hopes of helping other potential "distracted" players like myself. The discussion started at "Setting Up the Doll House" and has valuable information for this topic/process.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

Re:Restarting the Game

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Apr 3, 18 6:06 AM
No one should be restarting a game until after the Spring Event. It is a long boring haul till Sept 19th - which will only be for games that have completed everything through building all of the AES compound. Same is true of Halloween. The next event, after the Spring one, is Thanksgiving.

Update:
The big gold events are Spring and Thanksgiving - generally, if you are close to either of these it is better to wait to restart until after them.

Edited on 04/29/2018 at 5:28:52 PM PST

SassiD
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by SassiD on Apr 3, 18 7:32 AM
Yes, Silver and GulfCoast were clear about that Oddly, wait until after Spring event.

SassiD
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by SassiD on Apr 4, 18 7:29 AM
I am collecting all the coins I can working on the platinum collections. Should I just accumulate the items and wait until I restart or is it okay to collect the coins now?

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Apr 4, 18 9:09 AM
I would wait until after restart. I've never needed to restart but I'm going to assume that the achievements will reset too. At least collecting after restart will begin counting toward the platinum achievements so you can collect those rewards too.

If I'm wrong about that hopefully someone who has done a restart can confirm that assumption.

Edited on 04/04/2018 at 9:11:20 AM PST

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Apr 4, 18 9:24 AM
silver_hawk is right. The achievements reset also. I would also wait until after the restart. You will be getting coins in the Spring event by simply playing and using any keepsakes you have or will earn.

That being said, don't be scared or chintzy about using some of your collections if you want. It is meant to be fun, not stressful, and you can always get more. Save the stress for Margret's glove (and the doll house magnifying glass LOL)

SassiD
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by SassiD on Apr 4, 18 9:53 AM
Okay, then! Will save everything for after, will only use some for what a need now.
Thanks again!

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Apr 7, 18 7:55 PM
Quite, Sassi.... in another thread and then you decided to start a new one.

Always nice to pass along relevant information....

SassiD
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by SassiD on Apr 8, 18 9:28 AM
Did I do something wrong creating this other thread with a name that will reach more people interested on the subject instead talking about it in an obscure subject???

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Apr 8, 18 10:09 AM
SassiD wrote:Did I do something wrong creating this other thread with a name that will reach more people interested on the subject instead talking about it in an obscure subject???

You did nothing wrong.

SassiD
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by SassiD on Apr 13, 18 7:56 AM
Stocking up in gold but energy is a problem, most of the spring collectables are in cities...

SassiD
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by SassiD on Apr 20, 18 3:34 PM
So I decided restart the game after reading few posts on the "Devastating News" thread, problem is I can understand the steps because I am automatically connected to the game without login.
I tried to log from the ART screen and it says I am already logged in. I tried "start a new game" and it asks me if I want to reset my current game, if I say no it goes back to the previous page, if I say yes it asks me if I am sure because I will loose everything including gold, coins and collectables. I said yes once and started the game from zero, I lost everything.
For some reason I had the game still logged on another page and my original game is still there.
Please advise, what should I do?
Thanks!

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Apr 20, 18 4:22 PM
The important thing to do is AFTER you are in your game (which you seem to be) DISCONNECT your internet. This means if you use an ethernet cable, unplug it OR if you are wireless, disconnect from the internet and UNCHECK the "automatically connect" box. After playing some, stay in the game and reconnect.

You will start at level zero, but the coins, gold and collections, and possibly friends should come back.

SassiD
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by SassiD on Apr 20, 18 4:40 PM
So I do select okay to reset everything, correct?

SassiD
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by SassiD on Apr 20, 18 5:33 PM
IT WORKED!!! IT WORKED!!!
Now lets rebuild!
Thanks!

IfOnlyYou
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by IfOnlyYou on Apr 20, 18 11:34 PM
That's great news. Sassi! I have been waiting to restart as well and waited until the spring even was over. This is very encouraging. I accumulated over 1000 gold coins since I started this game I think before Christmas. But I think I did accumulate about 500 or even 600 during the Spring event, always considering that I reached almost all of the Achievements.

So are you saying that you were able to keep your friends as well?

SassiD
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by SassiD on Apr 21, 18 7:38 AM
I had no friends, didn't get any answer to my requests and when I found out about the special thread to get them I was about to restart so I saw no point. Now will go after them before the forum freezes.
Don't forget to disconnect from internet. Go to settings; press new game when it asks if you are sure you want to reset everything take a deep breath and press "Yes" (very scary), the game will start, just in case I did go through the whole instruction part again
then completed at least 10 quests (they are a breeze at this point). The game is going to tell you are not logged and you need connection, just keep going, ignore them all. When you ready reconnect the internet and keep playing the game as if not had changed. The coins and gold will show up and the collections will be all there.
Hard to see the town back to shambles but...
Good luck keeping your friends!
Post here your experience please!

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Apr 21, 18 8:45 AM
Testify SassiD LOL! Glad it worked. I'm like you on re-reading the instructions again. I do it when I cook also. Not a memory thing...just a l-i-t-t-l-e bit OCD.

Good idea to gather friends while you can. The 5 random friends generator draws from ALL players who ever registered in ART. Once the forums are frozen, the only suggestion I would make for the future is to occasionally try numbers just above your highest numbered friend ID as they are issued consecutively, (I think)

Edited on 04/21/2018 at 8:46:31 AM PST

IfOnlyYou
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by IfOnlyYou on Apr 21, 18 10:59 AM
Hey I answered your request for friends code on desperately need friends. My code is there: I have to go take care of life for now... be back later... code is 2759 9513.

SassiD
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by SassiD on Apr 22, 18 6:56 AM
Had a problem login this morning and when the game logged itself logged with my old game less the coins, gold and collectibles I used on the new game WTF !!!

Go to: