elaverne
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

level 56

[Post New]by elaverne on Apr 2, 18 5:00 PM
HOW DO YOU BEAT THIS LEVEL? I HAVE PLAY ED IT OVER AND OVER AND OVER. I DO NOT HAVE ANY MONEY TO BUY HELPERS.

skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

Re:level 56

[Post New]by skpjazz on Apr 2, 18 7:06 PM
Hold on elaverne,

Someone will get back to you soon with help...but since this game doesn't allow you to pull up levels on demand, it's a little hard to remember the specifics about that level. In the meantime, if you could give more details about level 56, that might help speed up someone coming to your rescue.

mysticalla5
Stingray
Stingray
4,869 Posts

[Post New]by mysticalla5 on Apr 2, 18 7:33 PM
Hi all

elaverne , I feel your pain!

are you playing in normal mode or easy? If I recall correctly level 56 is timed?
skpjazz, this is also for your M3 expertise and perhaps might help you recall the level better.

The goal is gold nuggets ? They're at the bottom and in the middle is a row of lava rocks?

I'm not an expert but I have completed that level in normal mode which gives 2:20 to complete. The only advice I can suggest, other than perseverance (which you've done) is to try to make large matches close to the lave rocks as quickly as possible, ether above or below them which then will open the area up at the very bottom where the gold nuggets are buried. Once the sand/dirt begins to break open it will go quickly with matches.

Sorry I can't be of more help
good luck

ETA If it's any consolation, your are almost past the very hard levels for the next while!

Edited on 04/02/2018 at 7:35:16 PM PST

skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

[Post New]by skpjazz on Apr 2, 18 8:21 PM
Thanks Mysti,

That was a perfect description, and YES, I remember now this infamous level.

That doggone lava has to have at least a firecracker to get it out of the way. And, since I hate timed levels, it was maddening, but definitely doable.

The only advice I can give on this one is that before the timer starts, look for where a match 4 or more is available around the lava rocks. Opening up an area increases the likelihood of getting bigger matches, to start working your way down to the gold nugget tiles. I remember the first time I played this level, it took a few replays to get a little more lucky with getting the matches. I also remember that it does help to clear out all of the lava (especially on the edges) to get to the gold nuggets.

I hope this helps, elaverne!

I do want to add that Mysti gave the same advice very well, but somehow I feel that SynthpopAddict may come along with even better advice!

mysticalla5
Stingray
Stingray
4,869 Posts

[Post New]by mysticalla5 on Apr 2, 18 8:45 PM
Thanks skpjazz! I hoped you'd come by with some help to add to my attempt at explaining and yes! SynthpopAddict is almost spookily good at recall and how to do a board.

Great tip about the timed level which I didn't know until it was pointed out to me.

It is a nice feature that the timer doesn't start until you make your first move

I do hope elaverne doesn't get too discouraged and pack it in. LOL, I remember well how my first go round was penniless and now power ups .

Off topic but you know my relationship with the shaman . Well, today I told him we need a time out . LOL, I actually got closer to the screen when he showed up offering more moves at a price and said "I am not buying any moves from you so go away! " With gritted teeth ........gives you a view into my mind
Then I ended up "biting off my nose to spite my face" and spent more money buying power ups to finish than I would have given him.

skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

[Post New]by skpjazz on Apr 2, 18 9:26 PM
mysticalla5 wrote:
Then I ended up "biting off my nose to spite my face" and spent more money buying power ups to finish than I would have given him.

You're a hoot, Mysti! I hope elaverne can "filter" through all of this mInutsia of ours and win this level, but I have to say....that there have been times when I spent more on powerups just to spite the shaman!

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 3, 18 7:35 AM
Elaverne, just as an FYI, typing in all caps in forums is considered yelling. While I can understand your frustration as this game is definitely above average in challenge level and quite a few experienced M3 players have posted about having to struggle through it, it's still just a game. As a gamer for over 35 years I will attest that all of us will find at least one game somewhere that's going to own us (even I have played games I can't beat even to this day) and in those cases it's usually better to move on as we all play games to have fun. So if it's not fun for you, either restart in zen mode which is relaxed, or enjoy a different game.

Otherwise, mysticalla5's advice is the best as that's what I do if that's the level in question. Focus on making an explosive item near the lava because the only way to break the lava is by blowing it up, then work near the bottom until all the gold nuggets are free. In normal and easy you need at least some bit of luck with cascades lining up the pieces right in order to free the gold nuggets efficiently. This is not a game where you can buy your way out of it all the time with extra moves/time or powerups, so again would suggest either restarting on a lower difficulty since there are 222 levels to get through and I suspect you're not going to have much fun in your current profile, or finding a different game. Hope that helps.

Go to: