bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

L. Frank Baum's The Wonderful Wizard of Oz

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 18, 10 12:05 AM
Join Dorothy, the Tinman, the Scarecrow, the Cowardly Lion and even Toto as you travel through the wonders of the Land of Oz! Go on a Hidden Object quest to see the wizard and send Dorothy back home to Kansas. Dorothy needs your help as she journeys through Munchkinland, the field of poppies, the dark forests, the witch’s castle, and finally the Emerald City where the companions meet the great and terrible Oz, in L. Frank Baum’s The Wonderful Wizard of Oz!

Blackie61958
Shark
Shark
12,595 Posts

Re:L. Frank Baum's The Wonderful Wizard of Oz

[Post New]by Blackie61958 on Jul 18, 10 12:31 AM
My Boyfriends' last Girlfriend is/was named Glenda,but,
She looked more like the Wicked Witch of the West than the Beautiful Witch of the East !!( true story ) !!

There is no place like home, Pond !!

sadji
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by sadji on Jul 18, 10 12:46 AM
The only way to find objects in this game is to hit the hint button every 30 sek. in easy mode. No buy for me.

[Post New]by Cuddlycoala on Jul 18, 10 12:53 AM
I wanted to like this game so much.
What I got was one of the most frustrating 29 mins I have ever spent until I gave up. At the spot the difference with the scarecrow i figured I had had enough.

mountfalcon
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by mountfalcon on Jul 18, 10 1:04 AM
I suspect that going on for 29 minutes may be a record - I managed 5. The awful tinkly music was a warning, as was the rapid dismissal of the opening scene in a paragraph. When grainy graphics accompanied by poorly-drawn objects followed, that was enough.

weeharleyboy
Shark
Shark
13,276 Posts

[Post New]by weeharleyboy on Jul 18, 10 1:29 AM
I managed for 25 minutes - wanted to see if it was going to be a straight hog. Which it is.

Very pretty colours .... for everything except the hidden objects which are faded out and tiny. Not hidden - completely invisible! The 25 minutes were spent waiting for the hints to recharge in easy mode.

It's a no buy for me!

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

[Post New]by 88blyth on Jul 18, 10 1:43 AM
thanks everyone for the reviews...i am not even going to bother d/l it..
love theresa

Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on Jul 18, 10 1:56 AM
Anybody get far enough along to tell me if there are wonderful flying monkeys? I'm partial enough to flying monkeys that I might be willing to at least try it in that case.

locoowl
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by locoowl on Jul 18, 10 2:25 AM
Anybody get far enough along to tell me if there are wonderful flying monkeys?
I'm sorry Mojave-Rain - Don't know about the monkeys but I can tell you the shoes aren't even red. The silver shoes were about the only thing I could see.
GrannieKay

weeharleyboy
Shark
Shark
13,276 Posts

[Post New]by weeharleyboy on Jul 18, 10 2:27 AM
Mojave_Rain wrote:Anybody get far enough along to tell me if there are wonderful flying monkeys? I'm partial enough to flying monkeys that I might be willing to at least try it in that case.

Rain, I don't think anyone will get far enough along to find that out.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jul 18, 10 2:33 AM
Oh, what a pity reading comments. This was one of my all time favorite movies, the more I see it the more wisdom I see in it. Was so excited to see it's in a game now. I'd have to DL on my small screen laptop, hard enough to see normal games, not enough ram on my old pc.

Anybody try adjusting color on display setting? Well, who has time on a demo.
Guess out of curiousity I'll go ahead and take a look see, but sounds like a for visuals. Thanks for the warnings.

ajwiggin
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by ajwiggin on Jul 18, 10 3:23 AM
This is just awful. The objects are so small it is impossilbe to find them. I played for 22 minutes hoping things would get better but got only worse. Not able to finish the scene before running out of time, no way would I purchase this game and The Wizard of Oz is my favorite movie of all time. Really excpected a great game as others this month have been wonderful.

sweetsofi
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by sweetsofi on Jul 18, 10 3:28 AM
Well some creators will never learn, how can anyone see objects smaller than a pea.It could have been a good game but that one is a big NO for me.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jul 18, 10 3:40 AM
In all fairness I think BF should pull this game unless there is a remake. Think of those who buy without demo first because the title itself carries a lot of credibility and the execution is an insult to Baum.

I may have bought too had I not checked the forum expecting quality for a classic, like The Great Gatsby.

LikaLaruku
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by LikaLaruku on Jul 18, 10 3:44 AM
The objects are like 3 milimeters high by 3 milimiters wide & blend in with the background; which is a jumble of good & blurry resolution images. I clicked on the Scarecrow's leg several times, you have to get the exact pixel for it to register. & one of the sunflowers in the Scarecrow compare/constrast looks exactly the same on both sides.\

Edit: Okey, so by the time I did the Scarecrow compare/contrast & then got to the Tin Woodsamn's house, I was completely used to finding tiny dark things & wized right through the level. Unfortunately shortly after the trial ended.

Edited on 07/18/2010 at 4:30:07 AM PST

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Jul 18, 10 3:47 AM
puzzledone wrote:In all fairness I think BF should pull this game unless there is a remake. Think of those who buy without demo first because the title itself carries a lot of credibility and the execution is an insult to Baum.

I may have bought too had I not checked the forum expecting quality for a classic, like The Great Gatsby.

YES!!! better expect to get a ton of complaints and requests for refunds otherwise. That's exactly what I almost made the mistake of doing... because I LOVE The Wizard of Oz.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Jul 18, 10 3:54 AM
Wouldn't work on my computer, but doesn't look like I'm missing much!

PuppyDogMom1
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by PuppyDogMom1 on Jul 18, 10 3:55 AM
Appreciate the comments. Saves me time. Thought it was kind of an interesting concept, but it'll take more than an interesting concept to get me to hit the d/l button. Thanks for the reviews.

[Post New]by dodge440111 on Jul 18, 10 4:02 AM
i think of myself as a damn good HOG player, i like when the game is very challenging. i like when the objects are well hidden. But this game SUCKS !!!!!!

i have never left a review for a game, but this one is AWFUL !!!!!

i would never buy it, and i would strongly suggest NO ONE buy it!

you pretty much just have to click everywhere to find an item, because you can't see 90 percent of them because they are soooooooo tiny.

Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on Jul 18, 10 4:10 AM
Awwwww Locoowl no ruby slippers!?!?!? That's nearly as bad as no flying monkeys and lol Wee @ nobody ever going to find out!

Go to: