4,982 Posts

Spring Event Collections

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Apr 3, 18 7:14 PM
The money maker is Bunny Plush.

Green Pitcher Plant All open April 11

Rafflesia........................OR, Portland - all modes
Venus Flytrap............... NM, Delores' Barn - all modes
Titan Arum.................... CA, Antique Shop - all modes
New games are experiencing a different drop - either none or on mine all but Picture which is iffy
Green Jade Flower .......Vincent's Art Studio 1B, use paintbrush, Title The Whisper
Black bat........................OR, Portland all modes

Gloxinia All available for some April 11
Cherry Blossom ........Maine Restaurant- all modes -for those that played last year, 4/13 open for everyone else
African Violet-............MO Junk yard- all modes
Hibiscus.....................WA Secret Library- all modes
Flowering Maple........WA Secret Library- all modes, Picture mode -iffy
Oxalis ...................... Tailor Shop 3 - use needle/thread to play
Title: Leprechuan drop rate was 1:3.5 I am now getting 1:1 on 4/15

Faberge Egg All available for some April 11
#1 red w/ white flower pattern....... .MI Boat Builders all modes Potential issue- if you have all three MS open -see section below about glitch*.
#2 Robin egg blue...........................Yacht , all modes
open 4/11 for those that played last year. 4/17 for new games
#3 Geometric design egg .............. ME Botanica - all modes
#4 Green w/ dots.............................Wyoming Flower Shop- all modes
#5 Chocolate egg........................... Idaho Hunting Lodge

Bunny Plush All open April 11
Bear.............................................. Wyoming flower shop,all modes
Mouse............................................Wyoming flower shop, all modes
Squirrel..........................................Wyoming flower shop, all modes
Fish................................................Wyoming flower shop, all modes
Bird................................................Toy repair 1B Turtle hammer

Items remain available after the reward is collected for timed quest each day.

There are no timed or limited quests on this event like Christmas or Valentine's. It is not necessary to leave quests open to get additional pieces BUT with that said might try that tactic when the quest for Oxalis.

Edited on 04/03/2018 at 7:21:08 PM PST

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

Re:Spring Event Giltches

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Apr 3, 18 7:16 PM
All the modes listed above might vary slightly from game to game but in general modes are correct. Oxalis looks like it is dropping about 1: 4.5 times

THE GLITCH IN MICHIGAN ***** Found the glitch for the magnifying glass in Michigan, in silhouette mode, could not pick up the item and the hint just went back and forth between the tool cabinet and the back porch, could not pick up either. Backed out of scene losing the energy and went back in, second time magnifying glass was not an item and was able to complete it.

Try picking the lollipop instead of the magnifying glass.

People with limited energy or coin to buy food might want to play other collections more, after getting your egg collection finished once. No idea how often this is going to happen or in which modes yet.************

MAD48 found this works on the magnifying glass in MI "I had the same problem but in Sil mode until I clicked on a lollipop (same shape as the magnifying glass) in tool box. The lollypop was below the magnifying glass."

Fly, zipper, and packet are found items. Read your quests!
All these FOUND items will appear in the game in WY and WA-SL after you have used them, this is a glitch in the game. If you have opened the mini-scene in WY you don't care that they show.

IF you do not have a lot of energy to play around with - leave them until the quest comes up and BE SURE to check the reward bar to see if they are showing before you play the cities.

If someone sees something different than what is listed above, please post here. Want people to be able to quickly find information. I will fix the top list later.

Edited on 04/03/2018 at 7:21:39 PM PST

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

Re:Spring Event Rewards and resources needed

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Apr 3, 18 7:19 PM
Spring quest
Task completed.................................Reward
1 Spring Quest .................................Strawberry shortcake
5 Spring Quests................................Apricot Pie
10 Spring Quests..............................Guacamole Dip
Total of 17 quests

4 Spring collections......................................36 Gold
ANY four collections will complete this.

For original thread, Spring 2014 Easter quest fest (list preparation) of where to find'em http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/277227.page

You will find these collections under the Specials tab, first one on the right.

Cities that hammers are found as resources: Arizona, Georgia, Louisiana, Michigan, Montana, and Yacht.

Mini-games are denoted by the number of resources used, not the placement in the grid.

If you need more hammers, collections are:
Photos of Automobiles Hammers 10
Crimson Devil Auto...............West Virginia
Guvnor.................................. Illinois
Mindy’s Escape Pod..............Illinois
Red Rolla .............................# 4 Aylen's Porcelain Shop Sauceboat
Red Wagon........................... Ohio

Performance Posters Hammers 15
Fanny Poster....................... # 7 Crawford Fishery Flatfish
Magician Poster................... Kansas
Play Poster.......................... # 7 Park Ranger Big Speckle
Seer Poster.......................... Nevada
Showgirls Poster...................New Mexico

Icons of Liberty Hammer 30
Corn Husk Chieftainess........... Illinois and
# 12 Park Ranger Hoof Print
Cotton Stuffed Cutie................. # 16 Toy Repair
Dashboard Hula Dancer........... Illinois and
#12 Crawford Fishery Hammerhead
Financial Freedom Sam............Nevada
Miss Cosmopolitan....................South Dakota and New Mexico

Edited on 04/03/2018 at 7:22:14 PM PST

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

Re:Spring Event Collections

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Apr 7, 18 3:25 AM
In the off chance that Dot does not make it over with all the details of the event. I will post the basic facts of the quests.

11 April Day One
Quest One: Visit the Flower Shop in Rock Springs, Wyoming. Specials are dropping and the Bird Plush is still at 1B Mini-Game at Toy Repair in Dinhammer Alley.

Quest Two: First go to the yacht to get the zipper which is used to open the wagon (1st mini-scene in WY) at the Flower Shop. The zipper is still appearing on the yacht. (If already used it is one of those glitch pieces and should be ignored.)

Odin appears with the quests for the Spring collections. This part only applies to games that have the plane fixed and are working on the AES compound.

12 April Day Two
Quest Three: Visit the Circus - Carnival, Salina, KS

Quest Four: Buy a Dragonfly Totem At the Store icon on main screen, Keepsake tab, 5000 coin

13 April Day Three:
Quest Five: Buy Angel Hair Pasta for 8,000 coins. Store Icon on main screen, food tab or any of the stores in the towns.

Quest Six: Get Bunny Suit for Charlie play Teodi's 3 - Leprechaun- Drop rate is 1 to 3.5 might have to play more than once.

Cherry Blossom in Maine is available to everyone after these quests

14 April Day Four
Quest 7: three parts
• Find the Cherry Blossom Bonzai in ME
• Find the African violet in MO
• Find the Hibiscus in Library, WA

15 April Day Five
Quest 8: Two parts
• Find the packet of seeds in WV
• Replace the seed packet, Open the seed rack

There are duplicate objects appearing after you have used them... zipper tab, seed packet etc. Just ignore them.

Edited on 04/07/2018 at 3:29:05 AM PST

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Apr 7, 18 3:33 AM
16 April Day 6
Quest Nine
•Find the Rafflesia in OR
•Find the Venus Fly Trap in NM
•Find the Titan Arum in CA

17 April Day 7
Quest Ten
•Find food for the Venus Flytrap plant - LA
•Feed the fly to the Venus Flytrap plant - WY

Completing this quest seems to have triggered the eggs that are now showing for me in ME and the yacht. They weren't showing prior to this quest. -Pink

18 April Day 8
Quest Eleven
• Find Easter egg #1 Red with white flower pattern - Michigan
• Find Easter egg #2 Robin egg blue - Yacht
• Find Easter egg #3 Geometric design- Maine

Quest Twelve
•Visit the Toy Shop - Toy Shop, St Paul, Minnesota

Quest Thirteen
•Fix the broken turtle - Floating Crank Turtle 1B Toy Repair- Dinhammer Alley

19 April Day 9
Quest Fourteen
• Fix the printer (Vincent's 1b)

Quest Fifteen
•Give Vincent 18 paint brushes/palettes

Special note:
arenn01 wrote:
The 18 paintbrushes, that instead of giving 18 paintbrushes all you have to do is to play Vincent's and select to play either of the first 2 games that only cost 1 paintbrush. You will get credit for giving all 18 brushes.

This works for any quest that is asking for supplies. Instead of donating the supplies, just play a game that uses that item and you get credit for donating the item.

At this point the rewards for Spring quests are all received and the achievement for Spring Event met - If you don't want to give or can't afford to get the 18 paint brushes/ paint palettes (older ones not ones in countries) don't.
Thanks eli73 and TiramaSue.

20 April Day 10

Quest 16
•Go to Candy Shop - Louisiana

Quest 17
•Buy 1 raspberry sherbet
•Buy 1 vanilla milk shake
•Buy 1 ice cream cheesecake

Edited on 04/07/2018 at 3:38:55 AM PST

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Apr 7, 18 3:37 AM
Spring quest
Total of 17 quests

4 Spring collections......................................36 Gold
ANY four collections will complete this.

Edited on 04/07/2018 at 3:40:01 AM PST

[Post New]by anniehiles on Apr 8, 18 3:51 AM
This is a great help, thank you SO much, OddlyEnuh!

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Apr 8, 18 7:52 AM
Lots of gold to you, anniehiles! (best Spring event well wish I could think of)
OE

[Post New]by FishyBiotch on Apr 8, 18 8:26 AM
yes, thank you so much Oddly for takin the time to get this up here for us to see! much appreciated!

lookin forward to this spring event, even though I have no clue what I'm doing haha ...

I'm sure all of this will make more sense when I can see the event and this is going to be very helpful to my getting the quests and tasks done!!

hope everyone has fun and Margaret doesn't give anyone a tough time during this event

Butter_Cup

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Apr 9, 18 4:49 PM
This one is almost as easy as Thanksgiving. Collectibles tend to drop at the upper levels so that is one thing to consider. So If I were going for one collection to capitalize on it would be Bunny Plush All open April 11
Bear.............................................. Wyoming flower shop,all modes
Mouse............................................Wyoming flower shop, all modes
Squirrel..........................................Wyoming flower shop, all modes
Fish................................................Wyoming flower shop, all modes
Bird................................................Toy repair 1B Turtle hammer

I would work on getting WY up to the third level and collecting hammers to do the Turtle in the Toy Repair.

My least favorites are the eggs and the plants. I also would not worry about fulfilling the quests for the rewards. You will get the 36 gold for collecting the reward for any four collections (at least, I think that is true).

The event quests can be fun for sure. Best of Luck to you, Butter cup. <hearing my friend at work and how she says Buttercup and why>

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Apr 11, 18 8:26 AM
OddlyEnuh wrote:

My least favorites are the eggs and the plants. I also would not worry about fulfilling the quests for the rewards. You will get the 36 gold for collecting the reward for any four collections (at least, I think that is true).

This is correct. Any four collections. Even turning in the same collection 4 times counts as four. Just turned in four Bunny Plush and collected my reward for this Spring Event achievement.

[Post New]by FishyBiotch on Apr 11, 18 9:12 AM
was just going to say the same thing Silver Hawk

I do have one question .... will I miss any achievements or special "spring" stuff if I only work on the plush collection? I'm having a great time right now running WY and '1b' in the toy shop and collecting gold bars! if I can do this with out losing out on any thing else spring wise I think I'm just gonna do this for 10 days and get some gold saved up for a rainy day

and hey Oddly, is the voice you hear saying something like "wassss up Butttterrrr Cuuuppp?!?!" lmao

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Apr 11, 18 9:47 AM
Hi everyone. Dot reporting from Australia.

Firstly I would like to apologise for not reporting last night. I got my dates mixed up & thought the Event started tonight. Had a senior moment there!

SPRING HAS SPRUNG for 2018.

- The icon for the Spring Event is a lovely butterfly - definitely springtime.
- It is a 10 day Event with 17 quests in all.
- Our host for this event is Charlie Tin, the Park Ranger and the storyline is about the opening of the Flower Shop in Wyoming.

Please note: If this is your first time playing the Spring Event then this applies to you. There are a couple of collectibles that do not fall until a specific quest asks for them or another quest triggers their release. They remain available for the remainder of the Event after they have started to fall.

There are no quests to erect the seasonal decorations so I went ahead & put my decorations up. I have finally been able to replace those snowmen. Now I have white rabbits everywhere. Some even carrying baskets of Easter eggs - didn't have the heart to tell them they are too late for Easter. Plus I now know Easter eggs grow on trees (according to the seasonal decorations).

Cost of seasonal decorations:
Breezy Bay 11,999 coins.
Pawpaw Grove 14,999 coins.
Dinhammer Avenue 18,999 coins.

Oddly Enuh has done an excellent job of listing the quests but I will repeat them as I give my report on how my quests went.

If you have not completed the collections for Odin Boxer, then he will appear & ask for one of each Spring collection.

Dot

Edited to add the comment about Odin Boxer.

Edited on 04/11/2018 at 10:18:51 AM PST

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Apr 11, 18 9:59 AM
FishyBiotch wrote:was just going to say the same thing Silver Hawk

I do have one question .... will I miss any achievements or special "spring" stuff if I only work on the plush collection? I'm having a great time right now running WY and '1b' in the toy shop and collecting gold bars! if I can do this with out losing out on any thing else spring wise I think I'm just gonna do this for 10 days and get some gold saved up for a rainy day

and hey Oddly, is the voice you hear saying something like "wassss up Butttterrrr Cuuuppp?!?!" lmao

I would just spend my time in WY and Toy Shop 1b. Get as many of the Bunny Plush collections as you possibly can.

However, look ahead at the list of upcoming quests and make sure you have enough energy (or food for energy) to do each day's spring fling quests. Since you have already restarted your game you might as well complete the entire spring event. This is the only time that you'll be able to open all three mini-scenes in WY as part of some of the quests. You don't want to miss those. You don't "have" to turn in any of the other spring Special Collections. I would turn at least one of each in by or on the last day.

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Apr 11, 18 10:12 AM
Back to report.

Day 1: Wednesday April 11.

Today there are 2 quests.

Q.1. Visit the Flower Shop.

The first quest is to visit the Flower Shop in Wyoming There are 4 Spring collectibles - 'plushies' - on the reward bar. The plushies are available in all 4 modes. I am at Guru level in the Flower Shop. I did all 4 modes & all the plushies fell each time. I know it is not part of quest 1 but I then visited the Toy Repair in Dinhammer Avenue where I played mini-game 1B for the 'bird plushie' (which I got).

When I collected the reward for completing the quest, an ACHIEVEMENT Banner appeared. For completing a Spring special quest, I collected a Strawberry Shortcake.

The butterfly icon remained so I moved to quest 2.

Q.2.
- Find the zipper.
- Open the wagon.

As I have done this Event before, both the tasks were ticked as completed. For those players doing the Event for the first time, the zipper is on Captain Matthew's Yacht. Then go back to the Flower Shop & unzip the zipper on the wagon (opens mini-scene). The zipper will appear in the upper left hand corner of your screen. Click once and drag to the wagon. Place the zipper on the flap of the wagon.

In my game, the zipper & the fly appeared as items in the upper left hand corner of the Flower Shop. I have previously used these items to open the mini scenes so I ignored them as it is a known "ghost" glitch.

I collected the reward & the butterfly icon disappeared. Questing for today is over.

Good luck everyone and I hope you all enjoy the Event.

Dot

Edited on 04/11/2018 at 10:26:29 AM PST

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Apr 11, 18 10:52 AM
As I started the Spring Event a day late, I did Day 1 & Day 2 in one go. I wrote up Day 1 & then I returned to the game to see what Day 2 of the Spring Event had in store for me. Thankfully it was rather easy & straight-forward.

Day 2: Thursday April 12.

There are 2 quests.

Q.3. Visit the Circus.

The circus/ Carnival is at Salina, Kansas. There are no collectibles on the reward bar nor did any drop randomly when I played the HOS. So I only played the HOS once. I am at guru level & was in picky shopper mode.

Q.4. Buy a Dragonfly totem.

For the second quest, Arun (the Carnival owner) asks us to help him get some props for his performance at the opening of the Flower Shop. We have to buy a Dragonfly Totem from the Store. Cost 5,000 coins. We end up paying the 'bill'.

Have fun with the easy day - use the opportunity to relax & get chores done or work hard on getting as many collectibles as you can. See you tomorrow.

Dot

HEADS UP for Day 3: You will need 8,000 coins to buy some Angel Pesto. It will go into your inventory. It gives you 60 units of energy. Useful if you are almost finished & just need a little more energy.
Plus, you have to go to Teodi's Tailoring & play mini game 3. It will cost 3 thread each time you play it.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Apr 11, 18 6:22 PM
FishyBiotch wrote:was just going to say the same thing Silver Hawk

I do have one question .... will I miss any achievements or special "spring" stuff if I only work on the plush collection?

Yeah, you will lose the rewards if the other quests are not played. But they are only food items:

Yep, that is the voice alright.... Generally, I hear that in the morning when she wants to go outside to smoke. However, if it is way to early to go out she says," Hello, Friend" and gives me her best winning smile.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Apr 11, 18 6:28 PM
aussie_Dot wrote:Hi everyone. Dot reporting from Australia.

Firstly I would like to apologise for not reporting last night.

Hiya, Dot. Great to see you. I was not sure if you were going to have time to do your detailed reporting so I just did the minimal details hoping you would come and do it up fluffy! Thanks!

Edited on 04/14/2018 at 9:00:26 AM PST

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Apr 12, 18 9:14 AM
Hi Oddly! Lovely to "see" you. It is my pleasure to "fluffy up" the thread. Thanks for putting the basics up.

Hope you have a good Event.

Dot

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Apr 12, 18 9:49 AM
It is Day 3 of the Spring Event already. Time seems to be 'flying'.

Day 3: Friday April 13.

There are 2 quests today - neither of them are difficult. However it is a little costly for some players.

Q.5. Buy 1 Angel Hair Pesto.

This quest was ticked as completed in my game because I have done the Spring Event in previous years.
For players doing the Spring Event for the first time, the Angel Hair Pesto costs 8,000 coins. It goes into your inventory - it gives you energy when you use it.

When I collected the reward, an ACHIEVEMENT BANNER appeared.
For "completing 5 special Spring quests", I collected an apricot pie.

The butterfly icon remained so I clicked on the Spring icon to bring up the next quest.

Q.6. Get Charlie's bunny suit made.

The game took me to Teodi's Tailoring to get the bunny suit - mini game 3 entitled Leprechaun. It costs 3 thread each time the game is activated. The Oxalis (Gloxinia collection) has been added to the rewards. I am at professional level for this mini game. I did the mini game 4 times. I got the Oxalis 3 times out of playing 4 mini games 3 - a better drop rate than Oddly has posted. The drop rate varies from game to game. Good luck with your game.

Hope those 'plushies' are dropping for you so you can get the gold for completed collections. Until tomorrow, have fun with the Event.

Dot

Go to: