Idea for Programmers, or Moderators, or .......

[Post New]by Fred_just_Fred on Apr 4, 18 9:45 AM
Just had an idea. OK, I know some of you are thinking: "Didn't know that Fred_just_Fred had any ideas"!? Well, it's true. Now and then, one just pops up. Anyway, here it is. I'm sure, by now, that everyone (or almost everyone) in this forum appreciates how great this forum is. I'm also pretty sure that not all players participate, or even know about the forum. It took me a while to find out about it. OK, so I don't always have good ideas!?

Now, for the IDEA. Drum roll, please. Why not program a message (mail) to be sent in the game itself, to be opened, at least once, describing the forum and how it can be accessed. I believe the forum is an integral part of the game AND participants are super. This same process could also be used for ALL BFG's.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

Re:Idea for Programmers, or Moderators, or .......

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Apr 4, 18 9:56 AM
Dear Fred, You're the master of word manipulations that are very funny and creative. Of course I would expect you to have good ideas.

Can't believe I got one on you the other day. I'll take that win but I'm sure it will be my last, LOL

Actually that's not a bad idea at all.

There already is an in-game way to find the forum. Unfortunately it is often overlooked and unnoticed. Perhaps a short in-game tutorial at the beginning of the game making you use it could work. Similar to how Trina shows you to disenchant an item and open a private room.

In case anyone else reading this didn't know...

* Click the gear in the upper right corner of your game.

* Click the blue button labeled "Help"

* You can quickly access the forum by clicking the blue button titled "Game Forum" in the Midnight Castle "Help" window.

Edited on 04/04/2018 at 9:57:20 AM PST

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Apr 4, 18 10:09 AM
Oh I just had another thought.

There's that empty space on the menu tab between the tourney icon and the collections icon. Could put a link to the forums right there in that empty space.

[Post New]by Fred_just_Fred on Apr 4, 18 12:17 PM
OK, silver_hawk, I yield, AGAIN. YOUR ideas are a lot more constructive than mine. Great ideas. If they were implemented as you suggested, I could have "discovered" the forum long before I did - and maybe others can too!!!!!

PS. I didn't know about connecting via the gear in the upper right part of the screen. Guess I'm still not too old to learn!?

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Apr 4, 18 4:08 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but when I close my game and the screen pops up with the picture of Anabel and the words Play Again in the blue box, just underneath it is the message Get Tips in the Forum.

That was how I found the forum back in 2014.

I guess most people just X out of that screen, if they get it, without looking at what is said there.

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Apr 4, 18 6:38 PM
AnnaDownes01 wrote:I don't know about anyone else, but when I close my game and the screen pops up with the picture of Anabel and the words Play Again in the blue box, just underneath it is the message Get Tips in the Forum.

I guess most people just X out of that screen, if they get it, without looking at what is said there.

That's how I found it back in 2008... though, I don't remember which game I was playing at the time... I roamed around different forums out of curiosity.... This is definitely the most active BFG one I've come across...

[Post New]by MaryCricket on Apr 4, 18 6:50 PM
gohill wrote:
AnnaDownes01 wrote:I don't know about anyone else, but when I close my game and the screen pops up with the picture of Anabel and the words Play Again in the blue box, just underneath it is the message Get Tips in the Forum.

That's how I found it back in 2008... though, I don't remember which game I was playing at the time... I roamed around different forums out of curiosity.... This is definitely the most active BFG one I've come across...

This is how I found this forum also, I a play a lot HOPA games before I started playing this game , ( I still buy the games). So I knew about Big Fish Games Forums

[Post New]by Susanna502 on Apr 5, 18 1:37 AM
How about a combination of the two ideas. Whenever we get a message in the game about something new (Trina, private rooms, friends, etc.). Include in the message - "For more information check out the Midnight Castle Forum. You can find it here." Then a blinky light thingy like when a new challenge is opened. And a special icon in the empty space.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Apr 5, 18 2:14 PM
I don't know about Android players ..... but, for iOS players ...... when you close the application, you just swipe it off the screen.....there is no Game Manager box that presents upon closing.

I found the forum by doing a Google search about some feature in the Midnight Castle game ..... one of the options returned was this forum.

[Post New]by Arizona63Tucson on Apr 5, 18 2:55 PM
Don't forget to add Scroll past the Welcome to Midnight Castle thread and all the Yellow locks and Sticky notes

Go to: