Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

Trouble picking up items in Spring room HOS

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Apr 4, 18 3:49 PM
Is anyone else having problems collecting the items in the SR2 HOS today? I'm having to tap, tap, tap (smack, hit) some of them multiple times before it collects it. I item, I counted 12 taps to pick it up!
I'm struggling to get all my rooms done at this rate.

I've cleared my history & cookies, & powered off my phone - no improvement. I'm in the spot with the best connection strength, even though I can't plug in here. Nothing running in the background. I can't think of anything else to try.
You?

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

Re:Trouble picking up items in Spring room HOS

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Apr 4, 18 3:51 PM
Usually, when that happens to me, I need to change the batteries in the wireless mouse.

Sometimes it is just that I have a light touch on the computer (maybe I should have a go making scones?) Just a thought.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Apr 4, 18 3:55 PM
Thanks Anna, but I'm on an iPhone - no mouse.
I started having this problem when I still had a full battery charge.

tuck6016
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by tuck6016 on Apr 4, 18 3:56 PM
Last time that happened to me I ended up getting a new mouse. All that tapping, tapping, tapping hard on them.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Apr 4, 18 4:47 PM
Maybe it's just me then. I'll shut it down & clean my screen again before day change.

I just barely finished my rooms in time - if it wasn't for the few SR1s, I wouldn't have made it.

Now if I can just get a good DQ - been Lords, Ladies, & Creatures the past 2 days.

mdpetdoc
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,489 Posts

[Post New]by mdpetdoc on Apr 4, 18 5:06 PM
I play on a touch screen PC. I have had an ever increasing problem with tapping on the items since the winter event. If I switch to a mouse, the problem is less. This is the only program giving me trouble with the touch screen. It doesn't matter what I do. When it's bad, it's very bad.

My connection is never less than 150 mbps upload.

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Apr 4, 18 5:29 PM
IT TAKES 3 CLICKS ON THE CLOCK TO GET WHAT I NEED. THE OTHERS ONCE IN A WHILE IT TAKES 2.

CAN NOT USE THE TOUCH SCREEN ON THE CLOCK I JUST WILL NOT COLLECT THE ITEM. TOO SMALL I GUESS.

SO NOT DOING THE CLOCK, TOO MANY CLICKS, THAT IS WHAT MAKES MY RIGHT ARM AND SHOULDER SCREAM IN PAIN. I DO NOT DO PAIN IF I CAN HELP IT.

Edited on 04/04/2018 at 5:29:39 PM PST

PetraN54
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by PetraN54 on Apr 4, 18 6:01 PM
YES!!! I thought it was just me. It really messed up my times on those too.

amina046
Herring
Herring
330 Posts

[Post New]by amina046 on Apr 4, 18 8:16 PM
The clock is the most difficult, I play on ipad, but to make things worse, whenever I am asked for the time, I answer 5 past 4! I hate this clock and while it is very pretty to look at I find there is no “flow” . I cannot get a rhythm collecting the items.

Also I find the CC too long, 30 days would be enough for me. I wish they had a 4th for the summer instead of 40+ days three times a year. It gets tedious and rather more boring than doing rounds.

Wishful thinking!

Angelfish
Angelfish
1,060 Posts

[Post New]by 1457051 on Apr 4, 18 8:33 PM
I've had problems on both my PC (mouse) and iPad with the clock HOS.
Been doing it since the beginning. I've had to hit or click on things 3,4,5 times, before it gets it. Seems especially bad in the upper left corner if there is more than one item there, but still even in the middle with one, it just won't get it.
I thought it was me...

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Apr 4, 18 10:44 PM
I HAVE QUIT EVEN TRYING TO DO THE CLOCK, TOO MAY CLICKS TO GET THE ITEMS.

I WILL DO THE OTHER TWO FIRST, THEN IF THERE IS ANY TIME LEFT IN MY DAY I WILL DO AS MANY OF THE CLOCKS AS MY ARM WILL STAND. NOT MANY I AM SURE.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Apr 4, 18 11:16 PM
And, I thought I was the only one........on both PC (with mouse) and on iPad (with touch), I have had to hit the items several times to get them to respond. With the mouse, it is almost as if you must click a certain spot on that item to get it to move.

I have switched to using a stylus for iPad because my index fingers were going numb from the need to tap so hard.

minnie_prl
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by minnie_prl on Apr 5, 18 12:14 AM
Yep clock is a problem for sure... thought it was just me... then changed batteries in my mouse!
I skip the clock a lot... do the other two and as someone else said.. if I have time go back and do a few clocks.
I really want the $$ tho... ho-hum...need to muscle up and get more clocks done I guess

[Post New]by Susanna502 on Apr 5, 18 2:15 AM
When I got my smart phone I discovered I have problems "tapping" accurately (big fingertips from so many years of typing?). Also, the fingerprints were annoying. I've tried all different kinds of styluses (styli?). It's mostly personal preference - what is comfortable in your hand - and also the different brands of plastic you can put on the screen seem to react differently. There are cheap ones around if you look. My favorites come from Big Lots.

marlo55
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by marlo55 on Apr 5, 18 3:46 AM
YESSSSS!!

Thank you so much for raising this issue!
Playing on PC, I've had loads of problems with the Enchanted Clock. Thought it was me & my mouse, so cleared cache etc,etc. I am very fortunate with strong internet connection & don't use a cordless mouse.. the other two scenes are not really much better

Oh well, just keep banging away lol

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Apr 5, 18 4:29 AM
Yes! I'm having this issue mostly with the clock scene, and not just today, but every day. I use a mouse, and I know sometimes over clicking means it's time to switch butteries but in this case, I think it has more to do with all items being very small, and they all blend in the background, making it hard to see their exact margins.
So finally I've got all the possible locations down, but need to click click click and sometimes click click some more, to actually grab the items... lol

P.S. Clearing cache? like a browser's cache to help with the game on pc? I don't use a particular browser for it. I'm confused. help please. thanks

Edited on 04/05/2018 at 4:31:31 AM PST

Luckypool
Clownfish
Clownfish
607 Posts

[Post New]by Luckypool on Apr 5, 18 4:43 AM
amina046 wrote:T I hate this clock and while it is very pretty to look at I find there is no “flow” . I cannot get a rhythm collecting the items.

Tend to agree. There's no flow or rhythm with collecting the Clock items. Sometimes I click the barbed wire 5 times before it will accept it. Some of the other icons just as bad.
My mouse is set to fast, and is infra red - so I cannot blame that.

Edited on 04/05/2018 at 5:13:50 AM PST

Taaja
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by Taaja on Apr 5, 18 4:51 AM
YES! I skip the clock and just go back when all the others are finished because the coins are the same if it takes all day on this clock. There is no way to do it quick so I don't even try to make sense of it, just give me the coins!

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Apr 5, 18 5:39 AM
OK, it's not just me. Thanks everybody.

I do use a stylus, but even it's little tip seems to be too big & clumsy sometimes. I also clean my screen several times a day. But it still takes many taps for some items - the crown & barbell are especially bad.

Susanna…… plastic you put on your screen? What is that?

[Post New]by Susanna502 on Apr 5, 18 7:53 PM
The plastic is a screen protector - to prevent scratches, etc. You can get one that matches your phone with the proper cutouts for camera lens, etc. and they can be peeled off and replaced. It used to be that the screen would get "fuzzy" after a while with a buildup of tiny scratches (like happens with glasses). I don't suppose they are really necessary anymore.

Go to: