babsvb1948
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

How long are lives

[Post New]by babsvb1948 on Apr 4, 18 5:57 PM
While playing, it will state my time is running out do I want to use a life. I say yes and within 1 min I get the same message and have to use another life. I don't want to play with no time limit, it's more fun being limited....however, it's eating up my lives in 2 minutes time.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:How long are lives

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 4, 18 9:40 PM
Are you playing in standard or advanced difficulty? Advanced timed is for the M3 pros and is intentionally designed to be really hard. As for the timer warnings, you get two time warnings when the timer is low: the first one appears at around 45 seconds left and the second one appears at around 15 seconds left. You can opt out of buying time the first go round if you only have a little bit left to do and cave on the second warning if you don't want to replay. Extra lives can be bought in the shop for 300 gold. Exactly how much extra time you get for trading a life I'm not sure on at the moment - I want to say it depends on whether you're in standard or advanced difficulty and maybe what level you're playing since the timer length varies by level?

There's always limited moves mode if you are getting too frustrated with the timer and still want a challenge.

Edited on 04/04/2018 at 10:10:08 PM PST

Woolster
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Woolster on Apr 5, 18 6:40 AM
Hi babsvb
I have the CE version and I always play in limited moves; and have just finished the main potion of the game and have racked up 24 s at finished.
Limited moves is always my preference, you have to stragitize where to go on the gameboard to make the most of your moves. Also when you are about 20 moves left there is a spining logo to get; to fall off the bottom of the board that will give you more moves.
They are very generous with some of the boards with near 200 moves.
Enjoy
Woolster

Edited on 04/05/2018 at 6:42:00 AM PST

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 5, 18 8:05 AM
P.S. to babsvb1948 - in case you didn't know, you can change the difficulty at any time in this JM game without having to start all over (it's a new feature) so can lower or raise the difficulty by going to the game options from the map.

babsvb1948
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by babsvb1948 on Apr 5, 18 10:26 AM
Thank you for your replies. I am playing Standard, time mode, normal difficulty. I am not playing advanced. I like being timed, it makes it more fun, but I'm using up my lives too fast. Like stated, I'll get a warning that time is running out and I can trade a life, which I do. Not one minute later, same warning and losing another life. Seems like since I gave a life I should get more time than one minute. thanks for responding though.

Go to: