Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Pit and the Pendulum CE here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 5, 18 12:37 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 04/05/2018 at 9:06:30 AM PST

SquirrelGirrrl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Pit and the Pendulum CE here.

[Post New]by SquirrelGirrrl on Apr 5, 18 1:32 AM
I love this new Dark Tales game. But I cannot buy it. I continue to have the same problem with AMAX games, specifically the Dark Tales Edger Allen Poe series. I've reported this issue a lot, but it still remains. In random scenes, my cursor will lock up if I go to the bottom right corner of the screen. And if I should need the map or a hint, I cannot access it. And one scene in this game that stood out in showing this bug was in the party room where Zula was killed, at the top of the stairs you have to try 3 things to open the door. The bottom one being the fire extinguisher. Since this was towards the bottom right, I could barely hit that button to open the door. I really want this game, but I can't play them with this issue. I've played other AMAX games and didn't have this problem. It seems contained to this game series.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Pit and the Pendulum CE here.

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Apr 5, 18 2:50 AM
@SquirrelGirrrl
by any chance do you have a Mac? If so did you choose the corner option of sticky corners or hot corners?

gnewburn
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

[Post New]by gnewburn on Apr 5, 18 4:42 AM
I have windows 10 this is the 3rd game I have that wont play. At least with this one I opted to just play before I bought. I'll wait to see if the get bugs out. I already asked to get a refund from the 1st game...heard nothing

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Pit and the Pendulum CE here

[Post New]by lucibask on Apr 5, 18 5:19 AM
games won't play says access violation ox77bcfe97, whats the problem . using win10

Edited on 04/05/2018 at 5:20:25 AM PST

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Apr 5, 18 9:06 AM
Hi Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work as it should, we highly recommend visiting the Big Fish Games Help pages as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped past players correct various types of problems:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using the information in our Big Fish Games Help articles, please get in touch with the Customer Support Team. It would also be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide the most appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are looking for game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgArinelle

SquirrelGirrrl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Pit and the Pendulum CE here

[Post New]by SquirrelGirrrl on Apr 5, 18 7:27 PM
pennmom36 wrote:@SquirrelGirrrl
by any chance do you have a Mac? If so did you choose the corner option of sticky corners or hot corners?

Hello Pennmom36,

No, I don't have a Mac. I have a regular laptop PC, running Win 10. And for some reason I only have this problem with this game series, not other games by AMAX, nor any other dev. So it confuses me.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Apr 7, 18 5:48 AM
@SquirrelGirrrl

Amax is a wee bit behind and slooowww moving to fix any glitch, and they are the only dev whose games won't play on my computer without adjusting the resolution....the only one!

gbanjs
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Pit and the Pendulum CE her

[Post New]by gbanjs on Apr 7, 18 10:54 AM
There is a major glitch in the gramophone mini-game in the bonus chapter, When you click on the empty space on the third line it makes you go backward as if you're wrong. Another poster stated that the "real" empty space for the third line is invisible and that they clicked randomly until they found it. Two other lines don't have an opening at all.

Edited on 04/07/2018 at 10:54:33 AM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Apr 7, 18 2:13 PM
Hello gbanjs,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I will pass this potential glitch along to the appropriate teams. If there's trouble progressing through the game, please email our Technical Support Team for further assistance.

You're also welcome to PM me or another moderator if new questions arise. We're always happy to help.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by caroleg on Apr 8, 18 9:44 AM
I purchased Pit and the Pendulum for PC . It appeared to load but each time I try to get into the game it closes down the site. Can you help

tinaluv
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Pit and the Pendulum CE

[Post New]by tinaluv on Apr 8, 18 1:18 PM
I downloaded the game "Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Pit & the Pendulum CE" but when I tried to play it "Error 87, parameter is incorrect" comes up, what now?

[Post New]by slrc47 on Apr 10, 18 3:37 AM
there is no 'bonus game' in my download

FrCyc
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by FrCyc on Apr 11, 18 4:18 PM
I can download the game but when you hit play it closes out the app and gives the following: Error Access violation at OX76EDFE97 (tried to write Ox000A0FF0) program terminated. I have never had this problem before and am very disappointed.

mhs19821
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by mhs19821 on Apr 11, 18 9:06 PM
I cannot find the "Bonus" Game. Where is it ?

[Post New]by koolcowz on Apr 18, 18 2:43 PM
Hi. I have a Mac. In the bonus game, there is a mini-game with a record player. On the third track, it won't go through. Seems like a game glitch.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Apr 18, 18 3:44 PM
Hi Everyone,

It looks like there are a couple of different types of questions, so I'll take them one at a time.

slrc47 & mhs19821: The Bonus Chapters for the game are accessed by clicking on Extras on the main menu page, and then clicking on Playat the top-left of the Extras section. These chapters will become available when the main game has been completed. Hope this helps!

caroleg: It sounds like the game is crashing when trying to open it up to play. This can be caused by a few different things, so let's try some troubleshooting steps designed to improve the relationship between the game and computer. Those steps can be found here:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

FrCyc: Access violation errors are general errors with multiple possible causes. Generally they come from some piece of software wanting an update. I'd recommend trying out the steps from the following article to see if they help:

Access Violation

koolcowz: Thank you for letting us know that you have also run into this issue. We've had a couple of other reports, and I'll be happy to pass yours along as well. It may also be helpful to let our Technical Support Team know about this, as they can collect additional helpful data for the reports we pass along.

tinaluv: The error being described is one that's related to Windows rather than the game itself, so the troubleshooting we can do is fairly limited. I did some quick research using my favorite search engine, and the troubleshooting steps offered are a bit more in-depth than what I feel comfortable with trying to relay here on the forums. If you'd like to try the steps I was able to locate, go ahead and search for "error 87 parameter is incorrect" and look for results from the Microsoft official site.

If none of the above resolve the issues described, please let our Technical Support Team know. They can provide a replacement game as needed. You're also welcome to PM me or another of our Moderators with any questions or concerns. We'll do our best to help.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by whitlo75 on Apr 22, 18 5:07 PM
Can you post any updates on fixing the gramophone glitch. I am having the same problem continuing through this game because the openings on some of the lines (the third line specifically) do not work correctly. I refuse to continue until this is fixed.

Thanks.

[Post New]by edmontonborn on Apr 24, 18 10:05 AM
I am playing this game on a PC running Windows 7. I get a runtime error after installing the electric motors on the machine by the ship at the docks.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Apr 24, 18 10:22 AM
Hello whitlo75 and edmontonborn,

I'm swimming over to provide some help as quickly as possible.

whitlo75: We've passed along information about the gramophone glitch to the appropriate teams and don't have an update yet. Progression blocks can sometimes be solved by updating the computer's video card driver and running the game as an administrator. Those instructions are included in the help articles below:

Update your video card driver
Run Game as Administrator

edmontonborn: I also recommend that players experiencing runtime errors update the computer's video card driver. In addition to that, I'd suggest running a manual Windows update.

Please email our Technical Support Team if the instructions above don't fix the game. Thanks so much for your patience.

bfgBeruna

Go to: