Luckystar18
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,663 Posts

level 196 in Limited Moves Mode

[Post New]by Luckystar18 on Apr 5, 18 5:06 PM
I've looked about in the forum and have found so many great tips and hints...thanks to all that have provided them I am so stuck in level 196 (limited moves) without enough gold to buy bombs and such to get through this level...any suggestions? I would be very grateful! Even with all of the hair pulling I've been doing...I love this game!

mysticalla5
Stingray
Stingray
4,869 Posts

Re:level 196 in Limited Moves Mode

[Post New]by mysticalla5 on Apr 5, 18 5:43 PM
Hi Luckystar18

Glad you dropped by as I know the a couple experts in M3 can help you out. Since we can't bring the level up as in some games with maps, perhaps you could give us a few key points about that level.

LOL, I have played , pulled my hair out, replayed a lot and I also love this game.

I was also in the same spot you are without gold and able to buy any 'aids'.

Hang in and I know one of the experts will help you!

~~~Mysti

Luckystar18
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,663 Posts

[Post New]by Luckystar18 on Apr 6, 18 3:35 AM
Hi mysticalla5...

Thank you for your response

The level that I'm (so very) stuck on, has six of the headdresses chained along the top...there are frozen and chained tokens scattered about that you have to break to allow the headdresses to drop to the bottom and off the board. The only way to release the headdresses from the chains is with an explosion...has been hard to do without having bombs at the ready.

Edited on 04/06/2018 at 5:16:23 AM PST

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 6, 18 8:28 AM
Shame on you Mysti, you'd asked me earlier how to beat this level in something other than zen mode and I'd posted the reply below in another thread. Luckystar18, if you have no gold and no powerups left, since this level is timed the only other way to get past it is to play fast and get lucky with getting explosives up near the top early on. Obviously the masks in the corners are the hardest to reach. Hope this helps!

What I did was to work somewhere in the middle or lower parts to begin with in order to break some of the ice and get some working room. As soon as some of the middle opened up I immediately focused on getting an explosive around the 2 top corners because the masks on the edges are the hardest to reach, but any explosive item anywhere near the top is what I would try to get. When I freed any mask at all, I dropped it down the board some so it wouldn't get in the way and then went back to the top corners until I got the corner masks freed. The masks in the center freed up with explosions while I was focusing on the corners.

Once all the masks are free, just work near the bottom to break up any ice left in the way and use the explosives near the bottom to help you out. It IS doable without using your powerups on the left and without buying time if you're a little lucky with getting the explosives near the top early on. Good luck!

mysticalla5
Stingray
Stingray
4,869 Posts

[Post New]by mysticalla5 on Apr 6, 18 8:54 AM
Wow, is my face red!

I'm laughing but yesterday was one of those days I should have stayed away from anything breakable, flammable, typable and contact with other human beings (or fishies)

So here I was saying to myself "hmm level 198 , 198....why is that in my head" When I saw Luckystar's original post and asked for details I thought I'd remember level 198 not a thing came to me.

When I checked back today and saw it was actually 196, I thought okay, that is way too familiar to me. After my coffee and cobweb removal I saw the light and looked into tips and thought Oh My Gosh!
So, the moral of all of this is, do not ask, rely on Mysti for tips

But Synth, why do I have it as a timed level and Luckystar has a limited moves?
Color me confused and maybe I'll go away LOL

mysticalla5
Stingray
Stingray
4,869 Posts

[Post New]by mysticalla5 on Apr 6, 18 8:57 AM
Luckystar, you're very welcome for the response! I'm just sorry I wasn't some help and hope you manage to get through that level ! It is a tricky one as you may have seen from SynthpopAddict's response to me.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 6, 18 9:00 AM
@Mysti: I think Luckystar18 was referring to the general play mode and not necessarily the specific mode for the level in question. When I played 196 in both normal and easy modes it was always a timed level.

mysticalla5
Stingray
Stingray
4,869 Posts

[Post New]by mysticalla5 on Apr 6, 18 9:10 AM
LMFHO oh wow I am so dumb!

I'm truly glad you came in and saved the day Synth! Left to me Luckystar might have ended up really pulling her hair out

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 6, 18 9:24 AM
No worries all. This is why I posted earlier and elsewhere that my human alter ego keeps her hair cut very short so she doesn't get a good grip on it...

Luckystar18
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,663 Posts

[Post New]by Luckystar18 on Apr 6, 18 9:42 AM
I DID IT!

Thank you so much SynthpopAddict for taking the time to explain things ...it really did help as well as the good luck wishes from both you and mysticalla5

LOL mysticalla5...I was down to my last couple of tufts of hair so I'm really glad that I was able to get through this level. I sure hope that there isn't more levels like this one...it was a doozy!

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 6, 18 9:50 AM
Congrats Luckystar18 and enjoy the rest of the game! Don't pull yourself bald.

mysticalla5
Stingray
Stingray
4,869 Posts

[Post New]by mysticalla5 on Apr 6, 18 10:04 AM
Good for you Luckystar!

Isn't it a great feeling when you get past a really really tricky level?!

In future, I will be the cheerleader and remove myself from offering help lol

Yes, SynthpopAddict is amazingly good and she explains things as a 'teacher' can do!
(she's helped me out of many stuck positions over the years , with many games)

Thank you for coming back to let us know!

Luckystar18
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,663 Posts

[Post New]by Luckystar18 on Apr 6, 18 11:36 AM
Thanks SynthpopAddict and mysticalla for the congrats.

It does feel good when you're able to get through a really tough level and make some headway...thought that I'd have to hang it up after so many attempts on that crazy level.

mysticalla5 I think that any help that you can give is a plus, so I'll be looking forward to any pointers (and cheerleading ) that you can offer.

Synthpopaddict...I'm relatively new at playing M3s...especially the challenging/hard mode that I'm playing in this game... I'll be looking forward to any and all advice that you can provide.

Note...

This may have already been mentioned, but I found that although I didn't have enough money to purchase power ups, if I clicked on one and then ticked the BUY button the small rectangular notice would come up letting me know that I didn't have enough money to purchase one...during that time, the timer would stop and although a bit blurry I would be able to see a fairly good portion of the board to locate my next move. Hope that too helps those dealing with the frustrating timer levels that don't have money for power ups.

Edited on 04/06/2018 at 3:45:07 PM PST

skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

[Post New]by skpjazz on Apr 6, 18 6:52 PM
Luckystar18 wrote:

This may have already been mentioned, but I found that although I didn't have enough money to purchase power ups, if I clicked on one and then ticked the BUY button the small rectangular notice would come up letting me know that I didn't have enough money to purchase one...during that time, the timer would stop and although a bit blurry I would be able to see a fairly good portion of the board to locate my next move. Hope that too helps those dealing with the frustrating timer levels that don't have money for power ups.

Even though I can sometimes do well on timed levels, and I'm not opposed to playing them, I still dislike them (I like to have time to think!), but what you posted above hasn't been mentioned before, and it is an excellent tip for those of us that need "breathers"!

Luckystar18
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,663 Posts

[Post New]by Luckystar18 on Apr 7, 18 5:03 AM
Thanks skpjazz I'm glad that the tip could be of some help. It is nice to have the option of 'catching your breath' while doing those timed levels.

mysticalla5
Stingray
Stingray
4,869 Posts

[Post New]by mysticalla5 on Apr 7, 18 9:08 PM
Gosh , it fascinates me how we are all finding helpful things to get through a level, to get through this impossible game

I expect that since we all have a different way of looking at things, we then see things differently and some of us are better at certain things , and not great at some others.

skpjazz I think a lot of people aren't crazy about timed which is another reason why when they brought "limited moves" into games people were loving it. LOL, I used to love timed much more than any other type of M3 but I fear that by playing Mundus so much I'm losing my good luck with timed

Luckystar18 have you finished the game?

Luckystar18
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,663 Posts

[Post New]by Luckystar18 on Apr 8, 18 6:29 AM
Hi mysticalla5

I have to agree...this game is incredibly challenging. It's great to have all of the tips from others to help get through some of those really tough levels

I haven't finished the game yet...I'm on level 213 and it's stumping me. I need to collect 72 tiles in (only) 12 moves...YIKES!

Luckystar18
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,663 Posts

[Post New]by Luckystar18 on Apr 8, 18 7:32 AM
Okay...managed to get through level 213...guess that I was 'over-thinking' it or something ...there's a definite technique to that level.

mysticalla5
Stingray
Stingray
4,869 Posts

[Post New]by mysticalla5 on Apr 8, 18 3:51 PM
Hi LuckyStar18

If it makes you feel like "misery needs company" etc. I am back to this dreaded level yet again and am making no headway.

(I do still love the game, even if my chair is covered with tufts of pulled out hair

PS came back to mention again some advice SynthpopAddict gave us that I experienced many times. Aside from getting the masks unchained, it is REALLY important to have / make room in the middle (which is frozen tiles) for the masks to move down and off the board.

A better description of how to play this level which is timed and in normal (aka hard) mode is given by the experts

~~~mysti

Edited on 04/08/2018 at 4:15:32 PM PST

Luckystar18
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,663 Posts

[Post New]by Luckystar18 on Apr 8, 18 5:01 PM
Hi mysticalla5

LOL...I appreciate your company and commiseration in playing this game...so incredibly addicting and yet indeed, so...'hair pulling' at the same time but I too love this game and am so looking forward to another one

I'm not much of a seasoned M3 player...so I don't know what I was thinking when I chose the hard moves mode . I so appreciate all of the help and advice that I've gotten from everyone. SynthpopAddict really knows what she's doing with these M3s and I'll be looking out for her to help me get through on my next M3 adventures

Happy gaming

Go to: