Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Haunted Hotel: Lost Dreams here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 6, 18 12:36 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 04/06/2018 at 9:12:42 AM PST

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

Re:Please posy your REVIEWS for Haunted Hotel: Lost Dreams here.

[Post New]by nanafraser on Apr 6, 18 6:35 AM
When I tried the CE I guess I thought it was too creepy, but its really not! more SFI

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Haunted Hotel: Lost Dreams here.

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Apr 6, 18 9:12 AM
Howdy Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Haunted Hotel: Lost Dreams here. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Haunted Hotel: Lost Dreams.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgIlinalta

cathybobcat
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by cathybobcat on Apr 6, 18 7:21 PM
Although the demo was less than 2 Chapters, it seemed much shorter than that, so it makes me wonder how long this game is in its entirety. Looking at the walkthrough, it doesn't appear to be very long. I am a slow player and finished this demo with 40 minutes left....did skip some puzzles which were in an overabundance, outnumbering hos... of course.

I absolutely hate puzzles that when you turn something it affects everything else....very frustrating. The hos were mediocre and I completed them fairly quickly....would be nice if puzzles were as less time consuming. I don't care to be spending all of my game time doing puzzles...and at times, it seemed like there was one puzzle after another.

This is a busy game collecting inventory, going here and there which was very tedious at times and overrides the flow of the game play. I didn't find the going back and forth to be too excessive and it was limited to a few scenes at a time. The hint was very helpful which I did use at times.

The biggest drawback for me is the most inferior graphics which is not typical of this developer at all. There is a constant fog and haze in most scenes with blues and purple hues. They are not defined as they should be, making it hard to see, especially if you are not playing this in a dark room, which I would suggest as you can surely see better. I did this CE demo in a daylight setting and could hardly see. It was terrible and a strain. So this demo I did in a dark room and it was much better. You can't enjoy a game to its fullest with poor graphics and this one leaves much to be desired. The quality just isn't there. The floating bubbles didn't help the situation either....reminded me of the Lawrence Welk show.

I enjoyed playing this demo much better than the CE, probably because I could see better. It isn't a dark and dreary game like some of the others have been...more on the lighter side. Even though there is too much inventory to be dealing with and too many puzzles, there have been plenty of worse ones out there, so I will be considering this at a sale price....maybe even the CE.

Edited on 04/06/2018 at 8:02:57 PM PST

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Apr 9, 18 2:16 PM
Its not that creepy! Kinda silly!

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on Apr 20, 18 11:40 AM

I have all the others in the series but this one has disappointed me on several levels.

Too many puzzles, especially the irritating ones where you move one thing and it affects the other parts.

Not dark and creepy enough. This was more silly sci-fi than haunted and ghostly.

I hope the next in the series is dark and gloomy and creepy - my kinda game.

Go to: