How do I access the Bonus level?

[Post New]by baronesshunsdon on Apr 6, 18 1:24 PM
I've finished all 40 levels, found all the secret caches. But how do I play the bonus level? Please PM me.

Edited on 04/06/2018 at 1:25:03 PM PST

BlueStarFish
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

Re:How do I access the Bonus level?

[Post New]by BlueStarFish on Apr 7, 18 11:45 AM
When you look at the bonus level on the map, is it locked or unlocked?

I believe you have to complete all the levels on expert time, OR find all caches on all levels to unlock the bonus level. Or possibly you have to do both the requirements.

The bonus level is on the top of the map, above the area where your last levels were, you see 4 columns or pillars in a semi-circle - these represent the 4 episodes. Hover your mouse over each column to see how much you've accomplished on each episode.
On the column for episode 1, for example, you can read "Episode One. Progress: 10 out of 10. Expert: 10 out of 10. All Caches: 10 out of 10 (assuming you did all 10 on expert time, that is...) The columns will be built as you progress on the levels.

When all 4 columns are "built", the bonus level in the middle will open, just double click on it to access.

[Post New]by matildawhirl on Apr 21, 18 3:02 AM
I have accessed the Bonus level and completed all of it except the crystal in the bottom right of the game, I can't seem to figure out how to get to that part of the game, I have the bomb to remove the large stone but I can't seem to see how to get to that part, can you help me please?

BlueStarFish
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by BlueStarFish on Apr 21, 18 3:48 AM
Hi matildawhirl,

the bottom right crystal is accessed via the river;
at some point you need to demolish the fisherman's hut you built just below your camp.
Re-build with a boathouse. As soon as you have the boathouse, just click on the first task you need to do on the bank - the huge blockage that requires a bomb.

A worker will jump into a boat, row along the river underground and come out on the other side.

[Post New]by matildawhirl on Apr 21, 18 6:23 PM
Thank you so much for the info, now I am having trouble getting through it in the expert mode, the boat is so slow and even when I use the shoes to hurry things up I just can't get through it. I was able to get through the whole thing except the bottom right, and now that I know how to access that, I just can't seem to have enough time to get it all finished is there a trick that you know of? I know if I just keep trying eventually I get through it, but is doesn't seem to be happening this time.

BlueStarFish
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by BlueStarFish on Apr 22, 18 4:13 AM
Hello again,
I remember trying this several ways, and found that not waiting till last doing that part was best.
Somewhere after I got across to the island with the altars and hearg, but before I actually started working on them, I demolished the Fisherman and built a boathouse. I had some food saved up. Got across underground to the other bank and did what was needed there, while my other workers collected mushrooms and gold and wood - did not do any work that required food.

Then demolished the boathouse and re-built the Fisherman, and carried on with the rest.
Did not really do much on that island with the ruins that you can demolish to get power-up buildings. I figured the time I spend on demolishing and building, I could just as easily spend on doing the required work...

I also tried doing this level with 2 Sawmills at start - i.e not building the Goldmine but picking the gold deposits. That gave me quick access to the Quarry top right, and an early supply of stone to get buildings upgraded and getting across early to the "island" - it also works well but at some point you would need to get lots of gold to do the heargs and crystals etc, so things will slow down again when you must demolish the second Sawmill to build a gold mine. you also need to build the bomb maker, and cannot have two gold mines, so...

It is a matter of choice, I recon.

If you go to Youtube, I put up a video playthrough of all the levels, in Hard mode, showing the secret cache locations etc. Go to Youtube, type in "Roads of Rome New Generation 2 level 41" in the search box, and my video will come up.

Actually BFG put up a handy link to their own youtube site below, so you could click on the link at the bottom of the page here for easier access. Just click "no" if you do not want to follow BFG's Youtube channel, the do the search.

Edited on 04/22/2018 at 4:14:08 AM PST

[Post New]by matildawhirl on Apr 22, 18 6:48 AM
Thank you so much I watched your YouTube and it made it so much easier, I FINALLY got the bonus level done in the expert mode, couldn't have done it without your help.....I tried so many times yesterday, and would just go to another game to stop the frustration and then return only to not be able to do it again......You mentioned Mushrooms in your last post, I don't remember seeing Mushrooms, was I missing something? These games are so good for keeping your mind exercised, at least for me......I can't wait until they come up with the next Roads To Rome game, I love these games......Thanks Linda

Edited on 04/22/2018 at 3:17:03 PM PST

Go to: