Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for The Andersen Accounts: Chapter One Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 7, 18 12:37 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 04/07/2018 at 9:56:24 AM PST

SquirrelGirrrl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for The Andersen Accounts: Chapter One Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by SquirrelGirrrl on Apr 7, 18 3:35 AM
What a weird game. I'm not sure I like it. Most of the first half of the game, you don't have control over your movement, the game moves you around to places and you can't do any searching. Then when you finally do, it is very limited, and the games are strange. Some weird neighbor lady talking about your girlfriend as Red Riding Hood. I think that if the demo lasted longer, to give me a better feel of what's going on, and some more things to do, I might have liked it better. All I know is that people are poisoned by tattoos, and someone is trying to get me. That's about it. I am curious to see what other people are going to post about it. I'm not sure that I want to spend money on it. I'm going to wait to see what people who have bought the game have to say about the full version.

jonah11
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for The Andersen Accounts: Chapter One Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by jonah11 on Apr 7, 18 5:25 AM
I agree with squirrel girrl. Very strange. Will also wait and see. Have not finished demo. I did become bored.

A1psyko
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by A1psyko on Apr 7, 18 7:15 AM
I agree with the others. Demo too short and game seems sort of dark? Supposed to look for items that Morph, maybe? Instructions too few and a lot of talking that you have to skip more than once to move on.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Apr 7, 18 7:17 AM
Love the storyline, it's kinda like X-Men meets Adam Wolfe and the Unseen Fears all mixed together, and as usual, Eipix has fantastic graphics. I agree with @SquirrelGirrrl that each scene seems rather bare with a lot of wasted potentials. What I really liked about this game was the unique and creative puzzles (loved the fire escape puzzle and the fuse puzzle) but I wish they were a little more complex or had a Hard mode of difficulty. And finally, I'm super excited that it takes place in current times, I'm sick of games that take place in ancient times or the 1900's (the same thing really) The year is 2018 after all!

I think I'll go get a new tattoo, just to see what happens
(btw: in Vermillion Watch, one of the factoids said that Arsenic was used to color everything from Wallpaper to Candy which poisoned many Victorians, so this story isn't as far-fetched as it seems!)

[Post New]by Aruuuu04 on Apr 7, 18 7:18 AM
I didn't like this game, it's what I consider to be a "cheater" -- it's so dark, you can't find anything!!! And there was so much dialogue that couldn't be skipped, I only played for the first 15 minutes and then stopped. There MIGHT be some potential here, if things were lightened to a reasonable level and yapping was either eliminated or if you're allowed to skip it. This is a definite no-buy for me!!!

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Apr 7, 18 7:32 AM
Not too sure about game. I was thinking the same thing like "pennmom36" was kinda like a "Adam Wolfe" game! Since theirs a sale, I'm gonna give it a try! I'm either a sucker or desperate for a new game, or both! I'll let fishes know later if its worth it!

Sooo after playing game a bit, its OK! Yes theirs some better changes, mini games aren't so difficult, HOs are better, but not sure why there games have that dull affect! "Epix" are very talented, but I don't think they play games, cause they just cant seem to understand what players like. This coulda been a awesome game, theirs just that something missing! They need to hire some advisers that play games! Maybe they have em, but there just one sided!
I very seldom replay "Epix" games! But that may be just me?

Edited on 04/07/2018 at 10:07:45 AM PST

Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by 41273 on Apr 7, 18 8:01 AM
A lot of us have been begging for a different game and this is certainly that. I like it! It shows some creativity. I believe the developers are trying to give us what some of us have asked for. Although I play the fantasy games, I get really tired of same old, same old. Different strokes for different folks

charlene_lane
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by charlene_lane on Apr 7, 18 8:31 AM
Couldn't sleep and saw this game, so going to buy it now and give it a shot. I've been waiting for this game to come out for a while because I like a new story. I'll let you know what its like beyond the demo.

jaylake
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by jaylake on Apr 7, 18 8:44 AM
Please be aware that there may be a tech prob with this game ie at the time you need to use the nailgun it is not in the inventory. Just make sure you have this in your inventory if you can before going to the storage area to meet the mannaquins. This will make sense when you get there (Chapt 3).

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Apr 7, 18 9:56 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on The Andersen Accounts: Chapter One Collector's Edition here. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread as the moderators will be removing any content that isn’t a review.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on The Andersen Accounts: Chapter One Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBeruna

Edited on 04/07/2018 at 9:57:59 AM PST

cathybobcat
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by cathybobcat on Apr 7, 18 11:36 AM
What a mess of a game. Couldn't last the demo. First of all, the graphics are horrendous....hazy, dark, with very faded colors. This is not an attraction whatsoever.

More strange tattoos....more missing people....."exotic ink poisoning?"... and nonsensical, boring tasks. The few hos I came across were of a juvenile quality (not even they would appreciate)...finding faded items in a tv screen that looked like they were out of an outdated grammar school book...then finding stamps in another cloudy scene....and finding silhouetted medical items. Come on, now. How uncreative and lacking can you get? There is absolutely no quality here.

Then we have the tasks... fixing a tv remote control....using a fan blade to unscrew the cap of a fire hydrant?....acquiring oil for rusty bolts from, of all things, a hose? What is this? You need this item and that to put here and there, going back and forth. How fascinating and extremely suspenseful.

I will confess, I had no idea what the collectible Red Riding Hood figures had to do with this washed out demo....until....I was in a dump of a place that Rachel was living in, (why would any girl live in a place like that?) Her neighbor in Apt 8, says, Rachel lives in Apt 9, but isn't there and sometimes wears a red cape and brings her goodies. OMG. Is this for real? Now what kind of "goodies" would that be in a dilapidated building next to a bar in a dark alley? All I would like to know is what were they smoking when they put this one together?

I'm out of here~

Edited on 04/07/2018 at 4:14:09 PM PST

4mybirds4
Salmon
Salmon
2,663 Posts

[Post New]by 4mybirds4 on Apr 7, 18 11:57 AM
I really liked the demo, however it was very short which makes me wonder how long the actual game is. I don't mind the extended talking as long as it is informative and not boring. I will wait to purchase, hopefully others will post the actual game play time.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Apr 7, 18 1:07 PM
Hello friends! As usual, I review mostly on the game play and not the story line, although I do comment a bit. Graphics aren't bad in this one, except in the close up scenes, no surprise there. Colors are fairly nice and true. Game play is good. Animation is very nice and smooth. Voices fit the age and character and seem to have some emotion and urgency. We don't have a lot of sound FX, but what we do have is well done. Music grabbed me in the beginning, but then just trailed off.

HOPs were a combination of silhouettes, lists and riddles, and were well done. Scenes were clear and items were not difficult to find. They did add morphing items in the 16 HOPs as well. Puzzles weren't difficult, but did have a bit of a challenge to them. Hint system is helpful and it does transport. We do a lot of back tracking, so this is a good feature to have. The demo was so short that I didn't even have a chance to look at the map.

Collectibles weren't bad. We have to find 41 "signs" that all look like Little Red Riding Hood dolls. Some are quite easy to see, but others are a little small or in dark areas. That's all I was able to find.

As I said, this demo was extremely short. I still had 57 minutes of play when it ended, so it's difficult to really get a feel for a game. Makes me wonder how long the actual game will be. The story seemed a little different than most. I wasn't impressed with it when I beta tested it back in December, but the dev seems to have fixed a few things. I'm really on the fence with this one. There wasn't anything that really made me want to buy it, but I do wonder what's happening and why. I think I'll wait for a really great sale and maybe get this one.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may find this one to be exactly what you are looking for today. Thanks for the review. Play on!

[Post New]by marijkee123 on Apr 7, 18 3:34 PM
41273 wrote:A lot of us have been begging for a different game and this is certainly that. I like it! It shows some creativity. I believe the developers are trying to give us what some of us have asked for. Although I play the fantasy games, I get really tired of same old, same old. Different strokes for different folks
Hi I agree. A lot of nag nag and now something new is there and again nag nag nag. When you do not like a game because it is not your cup of tee so be it. I like this game. Everything about it. Yes it is new and yes it different. You are not forced to by it.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Apr 7, 18 4:44 PM
Just wanted to pop in to add that there are 5 Chapters total, which is fairly typical for an Eipix game, to help answer the length questions,

As far as the graphics, I thought they were top notch. They were only dark in the night scenes outdoor, and I experienced no haziness, but I have a new iMac Pro with Radeon Pro Vega graphics, which may have corrected some of the graphics issues mentioned.

I haven't finished playing the entire game, but I'm enjoying it so far, at least Eipix is trying to step outside the box, and rarely offer a new series game so for that alone

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Apr 7, 18 6:44 PM
Sooo, Rachel has just moved into a new apartment and was late for her date because she was unpacking, but her neighbor says she knows her well, and that Rachel brings her goodies when she's not feeling good? OK, I'll ignore that. It's rare that I have to play through an entire demo before deciding whether or not to purchase, but I did play the whole thing, and I'm still not sure.

Looks like it's going to be a short game. I found the HOs very difficult to see, and think I'll probably have to get out my magnifying glass. I also had difficulty backing out of scenes. I see someone already mentioned the fan and the hose pouring out oil.

But, it is different and I like the graphics, animation and the music, so I think I'll sleep on it before making a final decision.

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Apr 7, 18 8:37 PM

I played the entire Demo twice, just to see if I was wrong about thinking this game was really as ridiculous as it seemed the first time. It was worse the second time around.

Graphics way too blurred, another silly and pretty much pointless puzzle every time you turned around, the absolute lack of logical tasks, and then tying it all into Little Red Riding Hood? Whaaaaaat?

If this is the Developer's trying to "give us something new" they are way off track. Silly and boring to the max!

No buy! Aaack

3/4

Edited on 04/08/2018 at 8:36:53 AM PST

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Apr 8, 18 3:18 AM
as far as the demo goes,nothing to do with Andersen! confused storyline and not so good pictures....a "bof! " game!

cheekyoops
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by cheekyoops on Apr 8, 18 5:28 AM
Cathybobcat is right on about this game. Looks like she played longer than I did. I quit after the first puzzle that didn't have an option to skip.

Go to: