shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

How to access bonus rounds?

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jul 19, 10 10:25 PM
I completed the normal game - and what fun!! My problem is, then I went to the Extras and when I try to play the bonus rounds it says "You have to complete the game to play the bonus rounds" (or it says something to that effect) - but I just finished playing the game!! I didn't skip any dialog or any mini games, in fact, I got trophies (yay) for doing so. So what gives?? Any help out there as to what I am supposed to do???

If you haven't played this yet, you should give the demo a try - light-hearted fun and a great change of pace!!

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

Re:How to access bonus rounds?

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jul 19, 10 11:43 PM
I think you must earn 50,000 pts to open the Unlimited Games (repeating any locations) I got that far and some trophies. I thought I had to find 50 badges (stars) to play bonus rounds Secret Mission, but turns out it is 150!! and I just got 108 so I am playing it again spending more time looking for them. What I don't know yet is as I am replying scenes in Unlimited (finding longer lists of objects in whatever episode you choose) if those starts count toward my scores.

I was just looking at the WT here and stars, 3,4 or 5 appear in them. I was playing slow, and there are no star badges in the first couple scenes. I'll post back what I learn later, if the bonuses are cumulative. Oh, and how many outlaws you shoot goes toward a trophy, maybe points too. I was getting points for 2 scenes without hints, or no misclicks. When you look at trophies omg a lot more for things than I thought.

Have fun, I am

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jul 19, 10 11:46 PM
ps I read several posts here on forum by players who exited and when resumed they lost all progress. Hope that isn't you too. I'll check the Extras on Main Menu and see if they list how many pts for each bonus, I want the Secret Mission which is more locations or story, extended play, but glad I reached the Unlimited.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jul 21, 10 4:40 AM
Thanks puzzledone. Yep, I exited and when I went back into the game the Unlimited games was relocked and I have to start over. I thought to play the Secret Mission you clicked on the Star in the upper left corner of main screen but was wrong, then made the mistake of going back into the main game itself and lost all points, trophies, etc. I don't mind waiting a week or so and playing the game again - it really is a fun one, but want to know how to get to that Secret Mission the next time I finish the main game... Do you go into the Unlimited Find mode to get there? Will be watching for your post on how to do that!! Thanks again for the responses and help. Have a great day!!!

(Edited to clarify)

Edited on 07/21/2010 at 4:42:20 AM PST

sparkers2005
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by sparkers2005 on Jul 21, 10 3:27 PM
how do you get to secret missions? i've completed game, more than 150 stars and more than 50.000 points. please need help!!!!

MissMoraduke
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by MissMoraduke on Jul 22, 10 5:12 AM
I too completed the game and got the 150 stars and the 50,000 points, but when I went back to play the extras are locked. i really dont want to play the whold game again. This is kinda frustrating. Its one of the reasons I bought the game, not to play the whole thing again> Confused

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jul 22, 10 7:51 AM
I don't know - haven't figured that out yet but CAUTION if you exit and go back into regular game you LOSE EVERYTHING - the unlimited is relocked and you have to start all over. I haven't started all over yet - maybe in a couple of weeks. If anyone out there knows how to play the Secret Mission and the Extras - please, please clue us in!!! Thanx a mil in advance if you help us out

[Post New]by hookedonHOG on Jul 22, 10 5:46 PM
you have to finish the secret mission before you can play the extras (bonus games)
this unlocks the rest of the unlimited also has anyone figured out to get 250 stars even in the walkthru they only have 231 i only have that trophy to get and i don't think it will happen

[Post New]by Miniatures1 on Jul 23, 10 8:30 AM
in the trial game at the developers site in the left hand top of game it says extras and has a shooting gallery you can use no matter how many points you have a walk through ect does the version at Big Fish have these extras?

[Post New]by chstty on Jul 25, 10 3:22 PM
Hello everyone, listen carefully, I'm about to tell you how to get through the ENTIRE game. Play the regular, then up top in the middle you will see secret mission, after you complete secret mission go back to menu and up in left hand corner you will see bonus. Play the unlimited mode first and then come back to bonus and you will be able to finish all of unlimited. DO NOT go all the way back out using menus because your unlimited will get locked and you will have to start ALL OVER. I hope this helps, I only had to play the game 3 times before I caught on. ENJOY!!!

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Sep 17, 10 1:13 PM
chstty wrote:Hello everyone, listen carefully, I'm about to tell you how to get through the ENTIRE game. Play the regular, then up top in the middle you will see secret mission, after you complete secret mission go back to menu and up in left hand corner you will see bonus. Play the unlimited mode first and then come back to bonus and you will be able to finish all of unlimited. DO NOT go all the way back out using menus because your unlimited will get locked and you will have to start ALL OVER. I hope this helps, I only had to play the game 3 times before I caught on. ENJOY!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I did exit out while I had Unlimited open
and when I went back in, it was locked!!!. Planned to re-play since I
didn't get all 150 badges, but at least the second time I will know what to do.
Wonder why it was made this way? Seems if you once unlocked
Unlimited, you should always be able to play it under that profile.

[Post New]by decrepitude on Sep 28, 10 12:22 PM
Well, some of you have me baffled - unless this was a glitch which has now been corrected. I exited the game completely in the middle of the unlimited play, then read comments on here and thought I wouldn't be able to get back. But I have no problem at all!

If people still have this problem, maybe uninstalling and then reinstalling will solve it.

[Post New]by decrepitude on Sep 28, 10 2:50 PM
HOWEVER. . . when I got to the final games in unlimited it said they were locked until I had completed them in the main adventure. So, I went back to Adventure to see if I could find these scenes there, and found that my "unlimited" was locked again! Aaaaargh! I suppose it must be a program glitch if so many are having this trouble.

[Post New]by decrepitude on Oct 1, 10 3:32 AM
Ah, no, not a glitch. If you complete the Adventure mode, then the Secret Mission, then click on Extras, Bonus challenge, the missing screens are there. You play them there, not in Adventure mode itself. Having played them there you can play them in the Unlimited mode.

Really, it should have said you had to complete them in Bonus Challenge rather than saying Adventure mode, before playing them in Unlimited.

Whatever you do, don't go back to Adventure mode to try to play these screens or the Unlimited mode will be locked and you will have to start again from the beginning. . .

Edited on 10/01/2010 at 3:34:05 AM PST

[Post New]by Mikepari on Oct 19, 10 8:14 PM
You can start over and keep your previous results by going in and starting under a different name. I completed the secret mission and the game ended. How do I get to the last locations of the unlimited game. Also you get sheriff's badges by finding them, usually three to a location the game will tell you when you have all the badges for that location, and also during the mini game sections the more outlaws you shoot the more badges you can get, I've collected about 165. I'd like to know how you are supposed to get 200, one of the trophies.

Go to: