gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

Jumanji ripoff...

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Jul 20, 10 12:43 AM
Ok let's start with the fact that they STOLE the premise of the game from Jumanji... get real. Did they think we wouldn't notice? Game making is a CREATIVE field... they just forgot the creative part.

So... to sum up the game:

Roll the dice. Marker moves across the board. Puzzle opens. A LONG paragraph to explain how to play a simple match game board.

Roll the dice. Marker moves across the board. Puzzle opens. Spot the differences.

Roll the dice. Marker moves across the board. Puzzle opens. A Match 3 game... that you apparently just keep playing until the sloooowwwww red line moves to 100%. Nothing to figure out. No strategy. Just keep moving squares and eventually it fills.

Roll the dice. Marker moves across the board. Puzzle opens. Hidden object scene. Find the HUGE sailboats that are so easy to find.

Wash, rinse, repeat F.O.R.E.V.E.R.

Oh... did I mention that all four of those puzzles were completed inside a FIVE MINUTE TRIAL??? That include watching the cheesy graphic intro scene to explain about being sucked into the boardgame. :rolls eyes: That tells you how simplistic they are.

BORING.

To be fair I didn't try the chain mode. My brain was dead in the first five minutes and I couldn't face trying it again. Too many bad games in a row. But if someone wants a simple puzzle game and likes variety maybe this will fit the bill. I'm curious to see what others think... especially if they last longer than I did.

gpherder
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

Re:Jumanji ripoff...

[Post New]by gpherder on Jul 20, 10 1:01 AM
Oddly enough, my first thought was "Jumanji ripoff". Not going to bother with this one.

SoozUSA
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by SoozUSA on Jul 20, 10 1:15 AM
Yep, it is Jumanji. But not a good one.

If that light rail (monorail) had gone by one more time... I would not be responsible for my actions. Every 10-15 seconds in the same direction.

I tried both modes. The only difference I could see between the two modes was in chain mode you played at every dot. In Dice mode you skipped ahead.

A thousand times

besstan
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by besstan on Jul 20, 10 2:04 AM
never played junanji so i dont know what to make of this game but looking at what you all say not a buy for me wait till tomorrow see what come up with after all we get a new game everyday besstan

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Jul 20, 10 2:07 AM
Gamergirl675, did BF bring out Jumanji? Just want to try it anyway.

[Post New]by heatherington on Jul 20, 10 5:15 AM
Yes, Jumanji ripoff. But it took us through the time he spent alone in the jungle, even though it wasn't a jungle exactly. Jumanji you never went into the board game it came to you. At least they added a twist.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jul 20, 10 9:59 AM
it's more like jumanji for people wanting to emigrate, i think...

Freter
Herring
Herring
316 Posts

[Post New]by Freter on Jul 20, 10 11:44 AM
besstan wrote:never played junanji so i dont know what to make of this game but looking at what you all say not a buy for me wait till tomorrow see what come up with after all we get a new game everyday besstan

To clarify, Jumanji which fishies are talking about is a children's book which was made into a movie starring Robin Williams. It's about a mystical board game which has jungles hazards appear each time you roll the dice.

It's a great movie by the way

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jul 21, 10 4:20 AM
I don't look at it like they "stole" the idea from Jumanji. There are tons of games here on BF that are modeled after books and/or movies. It has made for some great gameplay at times. It is kind of similar to all of the movie remakes that come out these days, after a certain period of time it would be very difficult to continue to come up with new, original, interesting storylines. Anyone agree??

Go to: