bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

Post any Jewel Quest II technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Jul 20, 10 8:09 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages. is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved.

If you're experiencing glitchyness, slowness, or trouble displaying the game, the following help article has helped resolve common display issues in the past.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Edited on 09/14/2010 at 5:15:17 PM PST

Re:Post any Jewel Quest II technical issues here only

[Post New]by blondeagent99 on Jul 25, 10 5:31 PM
I have tried absolutely everything Big Fish has suggested and still I cannot get this game to even load. I have been playing this game for years and when I cancelled my game membership I had to rely on my download from the site. My computer has been restored a number of times but now, since my last communication with your game site regarding a $6.99 charge not made to restore my club, my game does not work at all. All I get is a small portion of the address bar with the Jewel Quest coil abd the boxes for minimize/maximize the web page. When I click on the play now button it tells me there is another game running - duh - I am really angry and this is my favorite game and I cannot play it at all. I think you should send me the CD free of charge since I can't seem to play a game I paid for years ago. Want to suggest anything else??????

[Post New]by mooneynorman on Aug 2, 10 5:41 AM
having exactly the same problem and the blanket letter response "go to help pages" did not answer the question asked by blondeagent99. we have paid for this game also and strangely it no longer works now that we are not a member.

when we left membership we had one game credit, we then used this game credit to buy jewel quest 2 and we are just getting is the minus, maximise and close program and a little picture of a coin.. if it offers any help at all we are using windows 7. is it compatible?

also, if i try to open the game it states there is another game running... which im certain there is not.

if you can offer any advice i would appreciate it, im trying to get this on for my granny, shes baffled. i work on computers and havent got a clue how to use your site imagine how she must feel?

please have a look at this issue a.s.ap

cheers

[Post New]by moodymondy on Aug 3, 10 6:36 PM
Well, I am a member and am having the same problem. I think it's a windows 7 problem and I hope they get it fixed.

[Post New]by myherc on Aug 4, 10 9:53 AM
mooneynorman wrote:we are just getting is the minus, maximise and close program and a little picture of a coin.. if it offers any help at all we are using windows 7

This is the exact problem I'm having. Un-installing / re-installing the game does not help. Setting compatibility mode to Windows XP doesn't help. I'm also running Windows 7 Ultimate.

If the game doesn't work on Windows 7 - fine, give me a way to get my game credit back and I'll buy another game -- I can't seem to find any way to request a credit or to contact an actual person who could help. Has anyone figured out how to get a credit for games that just don't work?

[Post New]by GaminMomma on Aug 10, 10 1:28 PM
I don't the problem is due to Windows 7, I am running Vista and can't get the demo to run and I have absolutely no technical problems with other games and demos.

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Aug 30, 10 12:49 PM
Geez, you'd think BFG would fix this - I also have the above problems but am not near as computer savvy to try anything like bluestarfish so I guess I am just o.o.l.

However as a "Feature Game" BFG I would suggest taking it off and fixing it before you offer it.

(P.S. I did everything BFG suggested and to no avail)

cherylsart
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by cherylsart on Sep 1, 10 7:12 PM
I downloaded the demo of this game from Macgamestore and it ran fine. But here it says the game is for Intel macs. The one at Macgamestore is not for Intel macs. Why the difference?

[Post New]by moodymondy on Sep 3, 10 8:09 PM
I tried downloading the trial from Iwin games and had no problem. If they can get it to work why can't Bigfish. I am really disappointed in the lack of support.

karolyneb
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,459 Posts

[Post New]by karolyneb on Sep 10, 10 7:07 PM
I am having the same problem as everyone else - I see a portion of the top of the window and a message that the program has stopped responding. The one on the developer's site works fine for me.

Incidentally, if one looks hard enough, one will find a Jewel Quest 2 + 3 (which BF doesn't carry) bundle pack for the same price as a single game.

Edited on 09/10/2010 at 7:07:48 PM PST

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Sep 14, 10 5:15 PM
Hi everyone!

There is a new version of the game available that fixes some of the reported issues.

We're going to go ahead and lock this thread and create a new one so that we can stay up to date on any technical issues with the game. Please check out the new technical thread at the top of the forum.

Thank you!

bfgTigris

Go to: