Angelfish
Angelfish
1,060 Posts

Why Scorpio?

[Post New]by 1457051 on Apr 7, 18 10:23 PM
Weird question, but why do they use a Scorpio symbol out of all the zodiac signs?
I would think it would be Pisces.

Am I the only one that has wondered this?

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

Re:Why Scorpio?

[Post New]by charlieisr on Apr 7, 18 10:41 PM
WHY USE ANY OF THEM. THERE ARE MANY OTHER THINGS IN THE WORLD THEY COULD USE.

Shawkn
Clownfish
Clownfish
754 Posts

[Post New]by Shawkn on Apr 7, 18 11:08 PM
I think they used Scorpio because it is so close to scorpion, which is another HOS item. Scorpio can be confused with scorpion if you look at the written list of items to find. I know it's happened to me.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Apr 8, 18 2:37 AM
Maybe because it is easy to click between the symbol parts, making it just that much more difficult.

PetraN54
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by PetraN54 on Apr 8, 18 6:47 AM
Shawkn wrote:I think they used Scorpio because it is so close to scorpion, which is another HOS item. Scorpio can be confused with scorpion if you look at the written list of items to find. I know it's happened to me.

I think you may be right. I noticed that I do the same thing with that one and others if I don't pay attention.

amina046
Herring
Herring
330 Posts

[Post New]by amina046 on Apr 8, 18 1:33 PM
Why not? They have lions and they used Aries in Rooms of Memory, as well as scales foR Libra, etc.

Unfortunately this great game was discontinued on Bigfish grrrrrrr

Shawkn
Clownfish
Clownfish
754 Posts

[Post New]by Shawkn on Apr 8, 18 1:34 PM
swedane wrote:Scorpio in the zodiac sign, is symbolized by the “Scorpion.”

Correct; however, it is easy to confuse the words "Scorpio" and "scorpion" in the written list of items and make you wonder which one they are looking for. Also, since when do scorpions hang around dark, dank castles?

Shawkn
Clownfish
Clownfish
754 Posts

[Post New]by Shawkn on Apr 8, 18 1:36 PM
PetraN54 wrote:
Shawkn wrote:I think they used Scorpio because it is so close to scorpion, which is another HOS item. Scorpio can be confused with scorpion if you look at the written list of items to find. I know it's happened to me.

I think you may be right. I noticed that I do the same thing with that one and others if I don't pay attention.

It's the same thing with "bow" for me, too. Bow as in bow and arrow or bow as in a ribbon. LOL! I finally stopped looking at the list some time back because I recognize the HOS items as a search.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

Why Scorpio?

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Apr 8, 18 3:04 PM
1457051 wrote:Weird question, but why do they use a Scorpio symbol out of all the zodiac signs?

Just curious ……
Why would you think Pisces would be more appropriate? Out of 12 possible signs? Is there some correlation in the Castle I've missed? For 3 years???

Howdah
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Howdah on Apr 8, 18 5:22 PM
Shawkn wrote:
PetraN54 wrote:

It's the same thing with "bow" for me, too. Bow as in bow and arrow or bow as in a ribbon. LOL! I finally stopped looking at the list some time back because I recognize the HOS items as a search.

But at least they call a violin bow a fiddle stick or we would have another thing to guess about.

Angelfish
Angelfish
1,060 Posts

Why Scorpio?

[Post New]by 1457051 on Apr 8, 18 8:26 PM
Desertdruid wrote:
1457051 wrote:Weird question, but why do they use a Scorpio symbol out of all the zodiac signs?

Just curious ……
Why would you think Pisces would be more appropriate? Out of 12 possible signs? Is there some correlation in the Castle I've missed? For 3 years???

Pisces is the sign of the fish. Big Fish..
That's why it's bothered me.. I know.. I have too much time to think about these things..

Edited on 04/08/2018 at 8:26:41 PM PST

Go to: