bonus game stuck

[Post New]by tarafinn on Apr 8, 18 12:57 AM
cant get past boat frame. Have to put hull together but its not giving any hint.Tells me there is nothing to do in this section. I have sail ready to go but thats it.

stormaf
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

Re:bonus game stuck

[Post New]by stormaf on Apr 8, 18 9:12 AM
Me too.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Apr 8, 18 7:41 PM
It's a twin hull boat. You have to saw the log, then use the adze to hollow out the log halves. Use the lumber to hook the hulls together, then add the sail. I remember having a little difficulty finding the right spot to add the sail. But if you've done all the previous, then just keep clicking the sail on the boat in various spots until it takes. I *think* it goes somewhere on the hull closest to you.

[Post New]by tarafinn on Apr 8, 18 10:37 PM
wont let me get that far. I havent got a saw so where do I get that. Also cannot pick up wood. The frame stopped working as soon as the two pieces of wood became the two hulls.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Apr 9, 18 12:56 PM
If you didn't find the lumber, it's leaning against the hut to the right of the native in the village. Zoom in and take the lumber and the tied basket. When you untie the basket, you get a sharp bone, which you use to get the curtain in the beach scene.

If you have two hulls, then you must have found the saw. You need it to make them from the log on the beach. You get the saw from the HOP in the hut by the shore. (Use your fire magic to light the interior after you take the curtain.)

Are the log halves hollowed out? If not, use the adze on them. If you don't have the adze, then go back to the village and play the mini-game on the hut to the left. It's the game where you have to move the iron bars out of the way.

If you just have the curtain in your inventory, but not a "sail", then click on the curtain in your inventory and click the lumber from your inventory on the three dark areas around the cloth to make a sail frame. After using three of those pieces to make the sail, the remaining lumber goes back into your inventory.

If the log halves are hollowed out, so they look like boats you can sit in, then use the lumber on them. That hooks them together. After you use the lumber, add the sail. I got the sail to stay by clicking it on the right/front hull.

stormaf
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by stormaf on Apr 11, 18 1:24 PM
Making the sail sucked up all of my lumber and I have none to use to connect the two halves. I've been back to the hut, but there is no lumber left. I've got a sail though, just no boat.
What the heck went wrong?
Thanks!

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Apr 11, 18 4:12 PM
Look at your two hulls. Are they connected with two pieces of wood through the middle? If so, you've already used the rest of the lumber. So, you just have to place the sail. I'm not sure why you can't. Your sail no longer has a plus sign by it in the inventory, right? It should have no plus sign and look like a triangular red piece of cloth with wood on all three sides. You should be able to freely pick it up to try to place it on the boat hull.

stormaf
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by stormaf on Apr 14, 18 9:15 AM
Hulls aren't connected. There's no plus sign near the newly made sail. I cannot place the sail on the hulls. I can't get any more wood anywhere. The wood is simply gone for the hull connectors. All I have is the sail.
This might just be the reason this game should be reprogrammed or something. I'm certainly not getting everything out of it that I should.
Thank you anyway!

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Apr 14, 18 4:38 PM
It certainly sounds like you've encountered a glitch. It could be your saved game has become corrupted somehow, but more likely it's a game error. I doubt the game will let you restart just the bonus game, so you'd probably have to create a new profile and replay the main game to get back to this point.

What operating system are you playing on? If Windows, have you tried playing as administrator or with compatibility mode settings? Sometimes that helps. If you've been there/done that, I would contact BFG customer support at this point.

I sent you a PM, too.

stormaf
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by stormaf on Apr 16, 18 12:49 PM
I'm on a Mac.

Go to: