Howdah
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

If you were a developer (possible spoiler)

[Post New]by Howdah on Apr 8, 18 8:48 AM
If you were a developer, what would you do? I am not talking about tweaking the game, like adjusting airship items or HOS drop rate. I am talking about the big picture. How you would develop the castle and the game.

Several people say they want a fall room. What would it look like? Would it be a harvest room with baskets of apples? Would it be a Halloween room where you could bob for apples?

Now that we have introduced the Alice in Wonderland pet and avatars to the game, I would like to see Wonderland added to Fairy Forest.

While I would probably enjoy a fall room, I would hope it is not too macabre. I don’t like the creepy parts of the castle as much. I would love to see a summer room, kind of with the feel of Spring Room 1, calm, peaceful. Maybe a beach cabana, or a lakeside picnic.

When the Adrian question is settled, I would like “Uncle” and his family to return to the castle and take charge of rebuilding it. Maybe bring in an engineer and an architect. This would be a good chance to open up some new rooms. Maybe they could fix the broken carriage and broken well while they are at it. This could be an ongoing theme, while the intrigues and romances of the castle continue.

What would you like?

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

Re:If you were a developer (possible spoiler)

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Apr 8, 18 1:16 PM
Hey Howdah,

Those are some fantastic ideas! I'm going to pass this thread along to the teams for Midnight Castle so that your voice, and any other voices who may decide to chime in, can be heard. We love hearing back from our players about what they'd like to see, and we really appreciate that you took the time to start this thread.

Have fun stormin' the Castle today!

bfgArinelle

amina046
Herring
Herring
330 Posts

[Post New]by amina046 on Apr 8, 18 1:21 PM
Howdah you echo my thoughts as if we had had a long discussion about the castles future! Congrats

Di

Dhyaniland
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,074 Posts

[Post New]by Dhyaniland on Apr 8, 18 1:35 PM
Hmmm ~ First thought: maybe Floating Falling Leaves (Red/Yellow/Green) and a Net or Rake to 'catch' them?? or maybe the Morphing Objects would be Fall Colored Leaves?

What else for Fall ~ NOT Cherry Blossoms, Apple Blossoms . . . some other Flower?

XXOO ~ Dhyani

Edited on 04/09/2018 at 7:09:14 PM PST

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Apr 8, 18 6:39 PM
CHERRY OR APPLE BLOSSOMS FOR FALL? THOSE ARE SPRING THINGS.

Loopy_karen
Guppy
Guppy
170 Posts

[Post New]by Loopy_karen on Apr 8, 18 6:58 PM
That would spoil it if u had ur own ideas which
are very different in diff time zones!

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Apr 9, 18 5:27 PM
Clean up the castle........open it as a hotel for other monsters......like that movie.....all monsters bring their own problems.......would be fun to have updates fixing them all up!

Dhyaniland
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,074 Posts

[Post New]by Dhyaniland on Apr 9, 18 7:07 PM
charlieisr wrote:CHERRY OR APPLE BLOSSOMS FOR FALL? THOSE ARE SPRING THINGS.

OK, FRAIN BART HERE ~ CHERRY BLOSSOMS & APPLE BLOSSOMS FOR NEXT SPRING THEN!

I'LL START OVER:

FLOATERS OR MORPHING OBJECTS: MAPLE LEAVES OF 3 DIFFERENT COLORS ~ LOTS OF COLOR OPTIONS.

HOW ABOUT BIRDS?? MANY PRETTY BIRDS MIGRATE IN FALL . . .

THE 3 STYGIAN WITCHES FLOATERS (THEY ARE KIND OF DRAB, THOUGH)

OR THE 3 GORGONS FLOATERS (WE ALREADY HAVE A MEDUSA AVATAR SO IT'S NOT THAT FAR ASTRAY FROM THE GAME)

AND THREE MUSKETEERS . . . I'LL STOP (FOR NOW)

XXOO ~ DHYANI

Edited on 04/09/2018 at 7:07:27 PM PST

Myhashen
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Myhashen on Apr 10, 18 10:51 AM
NO MONSTERS, PLEASE! How about a nice beach with fish, turtles, beach umbrellas, beach chairs, picnic items, etc . One HOS could be underwater or aquarium with sea creatures, one could be sand with beach toys and furniture, and one could be picnic items. I could live there 24/7.

This cold snap we just had is ruining spring, and I am SO, SO, SO ready for spring to be fully here. A beautiful beach would be heavenly right about now.

ShaSha

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Apr 10, 18 11:05 AM
In keeping with the Castle theme, I'd like to see a Fall room...a horse stable with hay bales, baskets of apples (yes, apples are a fall crop), gourds, fall leaves and fall flowers like pansies and mums. It doesn't need to be macabre, but not "cutesie".

Sorry but I can't imagine a beach setting. Our Castle does not look like it is anywhere near a beach.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Apr 10, 18 11:20 AM
I still vote for a Renaissance Festival for summer.
It wouldn't be difficult to design, & it's totally in keeping with the theme of MC.

Knights jousting, minstrels singing, Lords & Ladies dancing, feasting on turkey legs……

Our very own vendor booth for our private room, to decorate in the profession of our choice - swordsmith, taylor, jeweler, baker, cobbler ……

The possibilities are endless.

No charge, Elephant Games.

amina046
Herring
Herring
330 Posts

[Post New]by amina046 on Apr 11, 18 2:19 PM
A Summer room could show the moat that any selfrespecting castle should have and we could fish for carps or other Bigfish.

[Post New]by Hufflepuff on Apr 12, 18 12:45 PM
I would so much like a summer event and room!
It is such a long time between spring and fall!

PetraN54
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by PetraN54 on Apr 12, 18 1:40 PM
There are some really good ideas here. I love GulfCoastGuppy's idea of a stable. Maybe the Unicorn would come back and visit.

I also like Desertdruid's idea of a Renaissance Festival.

And Howdah's Alice in Wonderland being added to Fairy Forest is a great idea.

Lots of great ideas here!!

Go to: