Wild Plains?

Maudcat
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

Wild Plains?

[Post New]by Maudcat on Apr 8, 18 1:23 PM
I always look forward to the short term destinations because they go quickly and are usually fun, relatively easy.
Not finding that with Wild Plains.
Bit tougher than I would like, and wondering if anyone is feeling the same?

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

Re:Wild Plains?

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Apr 8, 18 2:26 PM
I have given up on WP. Too many hard levels, not fun.

CliveJ
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by CliveJ on Apr 8, 18 2:33 PM
Just so you know, the reward for completion is 200 coins, 13 boosts, and lives refilled.

[Post New]by diamonddolls on Apr 8, 18 2:51 PM
Agreed- I can usually rack up coins in the event cities, but I am nearly done with Wild Plains and I am only about 200 coins ahead I because I needed so many boosts. I 3 levels to finish to Master, but have not built final monument yet since I want to replenish my 5 lives later, so I will get coin bonuses from those. The helping hands are nearly 1500 coins, so my only “gain” for completion will probably be whatever boosts I get.

Maudcat
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Maudcat on Apr 8, 18 3:04 PM
Example of frustration central in WP.
Level 17 has creeping sand, four chocolates to unwrap, and detonating x amount of line boosts.
Come on!

[Post New]by diamonddolls on Apr 8, 18 3:22 PM
343 coins + 9 boosts for Master
1007 coins + 14 boosts for Completion

Maudcat
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Maudcat on Apr 8, 18 4:12 PM
I have given up, too.
Back in Budapest.

[Post New]by cardiganmom on Apr 8, 18 5:46 PM
I too am ready to give up on Wild Plains. I enjoyed the first few levels, but I really have struggled with the levels where you have to destroy those really annoying shiny papers. And after seeing the resources needed to build the second monument, I'm thinking of throwing in the towel and going back to Seoul! I think that, for me, the cost-benefit ratio in Wild Plains is not favourable.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Apr 8, 18 6:55 PM
I am also finding WP very hard going, I usually like the event cities, but this one is dreadful. I have lost life after life on stupid hard levels that should not be so hard to do. It is NOT fun at all. And because of that, I will only use spare time to play a level and hopefully work my way though, but I refuse to spend any coins whatsoever as its pretty obvious from comments in various threads that this one will cost heaps for virtually no reward after spending coins. So I will go as far as I can, build the monuments by working over the few good levels, and not spend coins. But if it gets to the point where its really impossible, I will give up which I hate to do but might be forced to this time. Lighten up on this stuff please GD.

kailuaauntie
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by kailuaauntie on Apr 8, 18 7:41 PM
I don’t consider this event one of their more stellar efforts. Not having any fun at all; going to go finish Singapore (better scenery there too).

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Apr 9, 18 11:14 AM
I too have given up on Wild Plains. Rubbish weather here today stopped me getting into the garden so I spent as much time as possible on WP. Managed to complete about a dozen levels at tier 2 all day! That is not fun. As has been said, when you get levels with combination of chocolate, sand and explosions they are taking the proverbial. Previous Special Events have been fun. Yes they've had a few levels that are difficult but once the strategy is worked out they are doable. Some levels in WP are down to pure luck.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Apr 9, 18 11:21 AM
I gave up also, no fun at all in this one and much too difficult again!

[Post New]by globetrotter217 on Apr 9, 18 11:41 AM
This seems to be one of those annoying cities where the tiers get easier instead of harder. I beavered through tier 1, got through tier 2 and am now happily working on tier 3. Some of the timed levels need extra time, but the rest are really doable.

Of course opinions on what is fun differ, I like this chocolate chasing without having to get all the tiles. And I like the misdirection, all these chains and ice that you don't really need to break. But I don't mind using the boosts I get.

My beef is a totally different one. I hate the design, this is what Africa will look like when the poachers are done with the wildlife . Why not put in some animals, preferably to be animated???

Edited on 04/09/2018 at 11:43:21 AM PST

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Apr 9, 18 6:43 PM
I agree with everyone on the fact this event city is crap. I have really struggled to get through to build the monument at level 20, not buying HHs as they are too expensive, so I did the 10 item missions and got the resources and played a couple of extra levels, but lost heaps of lives doing so. Still, I have time and coins so used a few shovels etc and mangaed it. Somehow, I seemed to fly through to level 30, but still got some way to go to build the monument so I will have to work over levels, but these 10 are not quite so bad.

And I also HATE the design of it. I said in the beginning this is the corniest opening scene of all cities so far. Its totally unrealistic and could have been done so much better. The lovely mountain ski scene in the last one was so pretty, but this one, looks like a stupid cartoon and I hate animated animal movies, thanks to seeing Bambi at a young age and being absollutely terrified, I have hated animated animal movies ever since, I even hate the Lion King. Cannot stand watching that sort of thing and this reminds me of it, plus it looks silly. I would much rather see realistic animals than lions in clothes with silly looks on their faces.

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Apr 9, 18 8:51 PM
Bambi sure did traumatize a lot of children, and Old Yellar too, to this day I can't stand to watch animal movies animated or not because I'm always afraid the animals will die

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Apr 9, 18 9:47 PM
Yep, Old Yeller is another one, although not animated. Lassie is the same, and any animal movie, I just find them SOOOOO sad. I can't stand them dying and all that stuff, even though in real life it happens, but I don't want to be depressed watching a movie. The news is bad enough.

Heavensmanor
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by Heavensmanor on Apr 9, 18 9:52 PM
Hated this one too, back to Athens for me !
Taken to see Bambi when I was 5 years old, so distressed at death of Bambi’s Mother had to be taken screaming from cinema , scarred me for life !!

Edited on 04/09/2018 at 9:52:59 PM PST

[Post New]by globetrotter217 on Apr 9, 18 11:08 PM
I couldn't have known about all these childhood bambi traumas , nor can I follow... I love all kinds of animal films. Disney, the older serials like 'Daktari' with Clarence the cross-eyed lion and new ones like 'Kedi' about the cats in Istanbul. The saddest moment in animal films for me is when the old dog dies in 'The Incredible Journey' and the siamese cat and the younger one get home without him .

bowiecowgirl
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by bowiecowgirl on Apr 11, 18 7:16 AM
Africa implications aside, I like the opening scene...I can just the the young lion saying "Mama, she won't give me back my toy."

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Apr 11, 18 10:48 AM
Hello Everyone!

Thanks for providing feedback about the Wild Plains. While the Moderation Team isn't involved in designing event cities, we absolutely want to ensure that players enjoy them. I'll pass this thread along to the appropriate teams, emphasizing that the levels are too challenging for the city to be enjoyable.

If any questions or concerns arise in the future, please don't hesitate to PM me or another moderator. We're here to help and to listen. Please have a lovely day.

bfgBeruna

Go to: