kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

level 107

[Post New]by kgustavson on Apr 8, 18 1:58 PM
Totally stuck here - at some point during play my move count suddenly goes to 0 and I lose. What triggers this?

skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

Re:level 107

[Post New]by skpjazz on Apr 8, 18 2:43 PM
Hi kgustavson,

As you know, some of the levels are easy to remember for some reason or another, but since you can't pull them up on demand, you may need to post a little more information about this level, to refresh our memories.

It sounds like this level must have butterflies, because even though I've managed not to let them get to the top and fly away, I have heard that if you do, then you lose your moves. I know that "our" resident expert should be around to see your post soon. But in the meantime, I hope that helps regarding making sure the butterflies don't reach the top of the board.

Since SynthpopAddict will probably respond, I just hope this isn't a level that we have discussed somewhere or another on this forum, or I'll get scolded for not remembering!

Currently I'm replaying another profile under normal mode to see if I can get by without using any gold, but I haven't gotten to 107 again... yet.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 8, 18 3:38 PM
@kgustavson: I'm currently at 102 in my current profile and will get back to you soon with more details. But if your move counter suddenly goes to zero it probably is a butterfly level as skpjazz was describing. If a butterfly goes all the way to the top of the playfield and you don't remove it with your next move it will fly away with all the rest of your moves.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 8, 18 4:11 PM
I just got back to 107 and it's Butterfly City with the bottom 3 rows nothing but butterflies! Try to get 2 or more butterflies in a match or hit them with the explosives if they aren't lining up with the correct colored tiles, and yes, don't let one fly away from the top of the screen. Happy gaming

Edited on 04/08/2018 at 4:46:36 PM PST

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Apr 8, 18 11:21 PM
Thanks so much!! Sorry for the lack of original details! I don't think I ever realized that butterflies cannot reach the top.
Thanks again

skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

[Post New]by skpjazz on Apr 9, 18 2:34 PM
kgustavson: If you have gotten that far in the game, I guess you have discovered that it is easy to have a "love/hate" relationship with it!

Please keep us posted how you're progressing and which mode you're playing! Good luck!

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Apr 13, 18 12:43 AM
Love/hate is spot on skpjazz! I play this one here and there (hence my late post back) but it sure is addictive. Currently stuck on level 132 where I am bound and determined not to use any bonuses!

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 13, 18 8:21 AM
What does level 132 look like and what are the goals? I can probably help you with it, but can't remember what that one looks like right now.

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Apr 13, 18 6:28 PM
Collect 100 tiles; wood blocks on top half of field. I haven't gotten back to it yet but if I've finally had it, I'll start a new thread. Thanks!

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 13, 18 8:56 PM
Still not ringing a lot of bells for me but if the wood boxes are all on top of the board, I'd suggest working from the bottom so the cascades will help you out and also lower the wood from any tiles on top that are hiding underneath. A lot of levels are about "getting the game to play itself" with large cascades breaking a lot of tiles for you. If you can't do much on the bottom to start with, then try to make some matches right next to the wood so as to break a few of the wood boxes and get a little more working room. Then it's a matter of making some larger matches for explosives to blow your way through the wood until you get enough room for the cascades to help you. Hope that helps.

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Apr 16, 18 12:40 AM
No worries - powered through on the next try - there is a lot of "luck o' the icons" on this level!

Go to: